[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to revive a dead conversation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2271.jpg (71KB, 640x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2271.jpg
71KB, 640x792px
Ok so basically I met this girl on OKcupid the other week. We messaged a lot and she suggested we transfer to FB messenger to continue the messaging. She was really keen to meet and we did and it went pretty well, no awkard silences or anything but she's been pretty distant over the past few days. (Hasn't been very responsive to messages).

Any suggestions of what to do? It just seems really unfair that she was so interested in me and now she's ghosting me.

Oh, and by the way the pic is not our actual conversation just an exaggerated example.
>>
>>18033968
>Oh, and by the way the pic is not our actual conversation just an exaggerated example
We can't help if you aren't honest anon
>>
>>18033974
Seriously it's not that bad . . . yet?

She just hasn't replied to my last 2 messages and it's been 2 days now.
>>
>>18033980
Speaking as someone who's been down this road...she doesn't want to talk.
>>
>>18033992
Damn, it just pisses me off cos she seemed so interested for the first few weeks. I just wish she would tell me that she wasn't interested or at least unfriend me so I actually know it's over.
>>
>>18034003
A girl I knew did the same thing. We talked a lot and she really seemed to be into me then her "feelings changed" and she just wanted to be friends and it all spiraled from there.
>>
>>18034007
I almost wouldn't mind just being friends with her. At least then we can still hang out or whatever, cos we seemed to get along really well.

I just assume she's found someone else but I'm the only one she's added on FB recently so I dunno.
>>
Yeah, women tend to do this kind of thing because they're too afraid of actual confrontation to tell you what the deal is. It's extremely rude but what can you do? Women are stupid.
>>
Brad Pitt rule: If she likes you and is some what interested, she'll go out of her way to talk.

And don't use the excuse of "women are shy, they don't know what they want."
>>
Sounds like you made a very common mistake: being too available.

After a successful date you should wait at least 7 days before messaging them. This is because if you did well on the date, the girl will message you within a week. When she texts you, arrange the next date and repeat the process.

Texting a girl after a date before she has reached out to you displays neediness and weakness. If you don't hear from her within a week, you are allowed to message her once. If she is cold or doesn't respond, stop messaging her and move on. If she likes you, she'll reach out.
>>
>>18034111
Yes, I think I fell into that trap sadly.

I saw she's been back on OKcupid the past few days so she's probably trying to find someone else.
>>
File: 1411798792110.png (3KB, 215x169px) Image search: [Google]
1411798792110.png
3KB, 215x169px
>>18034111
>>18034122
I just did this with a girl i met on tinder. She was really great too, guess she's still a cunt though.

Fuck.
>>
>>18034122

Yeah you fucked up.

Move on, don't message them again. Find someone new and don't make the same mistake.

Take her out, have fun, either give her a kiss goodnight or hook up, at the end of the night say "I had fun" or "text me." DO NOT arrange the next date and DO NOT text her within 7 days. Wait for her to get back to you, THEN arrange the next date.

Repeat this process until she falls in love with you and asks to be your gf. I've done it at least a dozen times, it works. Don't think about getting a girl to be your girlfriend, think about getting her out on dates with you. She'll do the rest.
>>
>>18033968
dont message her anymore, you'll come across as wanting. Women don't want someone who wants them, they want to work for it. Try messaging in a week and ask if she wants to go out for a movie or dinner.
>>
>>18034003
>I just wish she would tell me
This is how she tells you mate; you are supposed to know that it's over at this point.

She was nice to you and kept you engaged on the date, but she doesn't owe you anything, and doesn't know you well enough to say just the right thing to let you down easy. So this is the best for both of you.

Move on and meet other people. That's what it's all about
>>
OP here.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm not gonna messager unless she messages me first, and even then I'll wait a day before answering.

It's obvious she's moved on and is not considerate of how I feel at the moment so I'm just gonna find someone else. Might try Tinder this time!!!
>>
I'm in a similar situation as op, however, mine (on tinder) does respond every two or three days positively which is doing my head in. How might I go about telling her that maybe we should move to another form of communication (e.g texting) without sounding needy or pathetic?
>>
>>18034301
You gotta ask her in real life
>>
>>18034301
This is a term called 'breadcrumming' where they send you the occasional message to keep you interested while really they see you as backup.

Fuck that bitch get out while you can buddy
>>
>>18034260
Breadcrumming here, I've the literal same situation from Saturday. Know those feels bro. Bitches be bitches, but its their loss
>>
>>18034330
Op here, so there really is no loss if I was to just message her straight up and say I would like continue conversing, however would prefer another medium, so what is her number?
>>
>>18034301
>>18034308
Yeah, try and set up a date with her. Just ask if she wants to grab a coffee or something and see how that goes. But don't do anything weird like find her facebook and friend request her.
>>
>>18034301

What the fuck? You've been talking for 2-3 days and you haven't even asked her out let alone gotten her number?
>>
>>18034347
I was waiting for a steady stream of conversation to do so, so I could strike whilst the iron was hot.
>>
>>18034347
Yeah you need to make your move soon or you may lose her forever. Just ask if she wants to hang out sometime and be real casual about it
>>
>>18034136
This man is right, OP.
>>
>>18034351

The iron is only hot within 10 or so messages.

Say something stupid, make her laugh, ask a bit about her, then ask her out.

This isn't facebook or skype, you're not on tinder to conversate daily.
>>
>>18034356
This is guy is right. The ratio of men to women on dating sites is ridiculously unbalanced (way more men than women). This means that if you don't further the relationship quickly, the girl has dozens of other guys to choose from.

I know this cos it happened to me. Met a girl who was really interested in me, went on date, then discovered she was back on the dating site the next day.
>>
literally me

we even had sex at the first date. we hang out a lot together at events, parties, cinema etc. then suddenly cold responses. my mistake was being too available like this guy said >>18034111 i haven shown "too much interest" in her.

but anyway I still don't understand why she is bored of me or why she doesn't tell me the problem. it was really fun being with her but I stopped texting her since last week, completely. because I really can't stand being ignored constantly, but she also had seasonal depression so it makes me think if she needs care etc.. But anyway, I have 2 tickets for an important concert in two weeks and she really loves it, I mean I bought those while we were still having fun together and told her about it. Let's see if she will write anything in 2 weeks, even though she does, I will simply say "sorry a close friend is here I gave the second ticket" and if she asks if there's a problem, I will be direct honest. if she doesn't text, it's already over and I will move on.
>>
>>18034340
Breadcrumbs again. Age old excuse of 'I am not really on this app much, what's your number?' Or if your a pussy 'this app doesn't give me notifications for some reason. Heres my number...'
>>
>>18034136
Who the fuck are you, anon? The love guru?? Teach me your ways, please!!
>>
>>18033968
>Any suggestions of what to do?

nothing. wait for her to reach out to you. She is testing you if you are needy.
>>
>>18034353
I asked. I got a date on Monday, she apologised for not answering messages.
>>
>>18034839
Ggwp op. Hope it goes well
>>
>>18034003
She probably met some other guy she's interested in more. Shit happens. She won't unfriend you or tell you she's not interested, she'll just ghost you, the most of people can't be straight when it comes to that. Let it go, bro
>>
>>18033968
this has happened to me with a girl a few days ago. but I'm the one ghosting her.

one simple reason: I'm not interested in her anymore.

not because of other girls or bad first date, indeed that was one of my best. it's just that after she was too much into me, like we were a couple. game was over in not time. I even had sex with her, but the interest was already zero. if it's dead it's dead, but face it it may not be you the problem.

so because it was a short thing, I suggest you to let it go and move on.
>>
>>18034111
If a date is actually successful, none of that bullshit would matter. If a girl is into you age is into you, and unless she's playing into horribly childish games like this anon is suggesting you play, she will be ecstatic to see a text even the next morning.

If there's no fire there's no fire.

If you fucked on the first date and are wondering why she won't text back, congrats you just got a one night stand because guys who go for sex on the first date aren't boyfriend material and every single vagina in the world knows this.

good luck.
>>
File: never married.png (251KB, 1800x1200px)
never married.png
251KB, 1800x1200px
>>18035794
My honest and sincere prediction for the 2020s:

-Women will write a man off if he wants sex too soon.
-Men will write a woman off if she turns down the first advances.

Let it happen, the scalpel already had its turn and now we shall welcome the hatchet.
>>
>>18034839
proud of you man
>>
>>18035794
I agree. I used to play games because I thought they worked. Cue bullshit relationships and women who wasted time. Now I'm just upfront about what I want and am looking for (which I don't always know). There's nothing wrong with playing the 'available' game, but I find that women who do that are usually a waste of time. Just be straight up. Don't be a simp / cuck right away, obviously.
>>
So basically I met this girl a few days ago and got her number. We texted for a few hours straight and it was going well. I was the last one to send a text. Haven't gotten a reply back since last night. I don't want to send a double text because I don't want to her to feel like I am forcing her to respond.

What do I do? Granted I'll see her in person tomorrow.
>>
>>18034127
Someone isn't a cunt just because they lost interest in you.
>>
>>18036051
Double text is PUA bullshit. If a girl is into you texting her twice will not matter. That said you should ask her out tomorrow when you see her. Be courageous and take initiative and if she's into you, she'll respond well. Be decisive with your movements.
>>
>>18034839
Hope she doesn't, but I will bet almost anything she flakes.
>>
>>18033992
Or she doesn't want to talk right now. Real life is a thing you know. I've been too busy to get to some texts for a few days to a week sometimes.
>>
>>18036063
But someone is a cunt if they aren't even adult enough to just unmatch you after they lose interest in you.

If you can't EVEN do that, you are a cunt. I get that I'm not entitled to her explaining anything or telling me directly she is no longer interested, but a girl is just a cunt if they can't even be assed to unmatch you
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.