[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is it ok to tell on a coworker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7246.jpg (52KB, 480x483px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7246.jpg
52KB, 480x483px
I work a pretty serious job. It doesn't seem serious on its face, but we have a very strict set of guidelines to follow. And worse case scenario, we can be sued and heads will be chopped if we don't follow them.

I have a coworker who has been here for 6 months. She has no experience in the field.

Within these 6 months, she has broken rules that could get us sued. Rules that completely damage my workplace and the community we work with.

I guess I could stop being vague. I work with severely behaviorally challenged children. Children who hurt themselves and others. We're not glorified babysitters, the goal is to make children function normally in normal school settings. We have a very set way of handling things. Like the way we have to intervene on violent tantrums.

My coworker hasn't gotten a clue that we can't just lay our hands on kids. That we have to treat them respectfully and teach them.

Within these six months, she has completely manhandled a child and screamed at him in front of his parent. She was talked to. She has completely ignored the plans we have to follow when a kid breaks down on several occasions. And she repetitively laughs and makes fun of these severely disabled kids when we are supposed to help them not be laughed at.

These things could get us sued. If a parent finds out the way she treats the kids. If a kid gets injured and she wasn't holding them properly, we are sued.

Whenever someone tries to train her she just says, "okay okay" then never does it. Then she acts mean and overbearing to both coworkers and the children. Like she was tattled on.

I made a complaint. And I also feel guilty for making a complaint on her because as far as I know, I am the only one of my coworkers who did it.

Am I right to complain? We work with very sensitive cases of children. If guidelines aren't followed, we could have lawyers and Cps fucking us in the ass at the drop of a hat.
>>
Are you a homosexual by chance?
>>
>>18033867
>If guidelines aren't followed, we could have lawyers and Cps fucking us in the ass at the drop of a hat.
That's management's problem, not yours
>>
She sounds unfit for the job. You're a tattletale though lol. Probably the management type.
>>
Definitely do it. There's a high chance something will be fucked over because of her and you might have do deal with the consequences
>>
>>18033978
But what she does completely disrupts the status quo of all our jobs and the children we work with become more resentful and non compliant to authority figures.

No one wins
>>
>>18033978
>Company faces legal problems
>Implying the employees are 100% free of any consequences
>>
>incompetent employee
>everyone's ass is on the line
Drop the fucking hammer. No remorse.
>>
>>18033988
We'll lose our jobs before anyone in higher positions does.
>>
>>18033998
Why would that be the case? Who's going to do your job if you're fired, management?
>>
>>18034012
Duh?
>>
>>18034015
You're retarded if you think management is going to step in and do subordinate jobs.
>>
>>18034012
They will just hire new people.

We're pretty disposable. But highly paid.
>>
>>18034015
Your views of the world don't seem to be grounded in reality.
>>
>>18034012
t. Someone who knows nothing about the corporate world
>>
>>18034017
And you've clearly never had a job before. Literally watched it happen at about half the jobs I've worked. No manager would dare not make up for manpower shortages lest it fuck him in the ass.
>>
>>18034018
It's not like a typical management job. There's administration then there's my job. Admins never work with children. They just tell us what to do.
>>
>>18034024
A manager would step in for one employee. But if it gets to the point where OP, someone who is not at fault, is losing their job, there just isn't enough management to step in for everyone.
>>
>>18033867
OP, all you can really do is record the incidents as they happen and then present them to your boss as 'concerns'. Tell your boss that you've tried to talk with your coworker and she still does X and Y, and then ask if your boss has recommendations on how to handle it. If you want to get this girl fired you'll need to have specific incidences of rule breaking behavior
>>
Sort of related, but my gf complained about her direct supervisor because they weren't doing what they were supposed to do in cases involving vulnerable children (making notes, escalating incidents, bringing in the police and other agencies on legally binding timescales from certain action points).

Anyway she tried to talk to them about it and got a bunch of "oh you are just confused! (patronising) I don't have time to do everything (this is your job) so I told someone else (lie) I did it anyway, I've just not updated the notes (lie)".

She took the attitude that until the mistake is admitted the behaviour cannot be addressed and made a formal complaint. The entire management went into lock down basically perceiving my gf to be the problem because she started a formal process which must now be followed which highlights both her supervisors failings, but also the failings of the management and teams above him.

The end result was basically a meeting where she was convinced to forget her misunderstanding because it would make the whole team look incompetent and they'd be in breach of a bunch of laws. They closed ranks.

Later on her supervisor tried to casually talk about her misunderstanding and try and repeat again that they were sorry she misunderstood what happens and she told them that they were an awful human being who has the respect of nobody now and until they acknowledge their flaws they'll be awful at their job and basically carried by everybody else. They kind of went 'oh ok, I'll change', but they only really changed for about a week.

Later she raised another complaint against the management above all of them and the way the complaint was handled and they seemed surprised and hurt because they thought they'd done a great job, but they did eventually implement procedural changes and set up meetings amongst the teams to air these issues and address them, but informally without any admission of wrongdoing of course.

OP I'd be wary they don't close ranks.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.