[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miserable in college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: eanofwno.jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
eanofwno.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
One month in the new semester I hate 3/4 of my classes but have no way out.

First is math I was put in the wrong math class and the teacher screwed me over on a test because I only had 10 minutes to take it, didnt get to take it like everyone else, and got a horrible grade because I have to rush. Already struggling in this class because its word problems instead of equations and algebra which I am actually good at.

Im stuck in a late start online course and I hate online course. I didnt realize I would be in a lecture hall for a science course and I couldnt afford this stupid clicker thing which actually costs you points if you dont use it 50 times during the class. I hate lecture halls, clickers and it was all very distracting. I need a smaller class size. I know I sound whiny as fuck but I have aspergers and need things to be a certain way its very hard for me to adapt to change. The upcoming class is interesting but I know I wont learn anything from it because its online but I had to add a 4th class to dodge a $975 fee for going from full time to quarter time.

Then there is a fiction writing course but it annoys the fuck out of me because its split into 2 different classes. One is a workshop with one professor and the other is a lecture. The workshop is a big group of 30 students packed into a small room, which is very uncomfortable. The lecture is even worse because its in a different room with about 50-60 students. I hate it the room is so cramped and the desks are very uncomfortable. They are the type of desks where the table is connected to the chair so if you move the chair you move the table. A piece of the desk pokes my stomach and I just cant focus to take notes in class because of it.

The final class is great because of the teacher who I love but the content is boring to me. I need it for my major.

So if I drop I am forever screwed financially at the school because I would owe money and be on financial aid probation. But I'm just miserable.
>>
>>18033856
bump
>>
Yeesh, might as well drop out. You're never gonna hold a real job if you can't handle this much anyway.
>>
>>18033856
>Already struggling in this class because its word problems instead of equations and algebra which I am actually good at.
You know that in real life, you use 'word problems', not just random, made up problems, right?

Also I agree with >>18033939
>>
>>18033856
If you have real, diagnosed Apergers and are not just tossing that label around, and you are in the US, the school has a legal obligation to accommodate your limitations 'within reason'. That might include extra time or a quiet room for exams, for example. Talk to your school's adviser for the disabled. But don't waste his time or abuse the system if you're not really disabled.
>>
>>18033856
I feel you OP. I really regret going to uni and their shit classes. It's an obligation because if we don't they freak out thinking they'll lose their jobs, but to be fair I would have been much more successful if the material to study were just given away and we would just study in a small quiet room instead of one packed with monkeys
>>
>>18033961
In real life, you make up your own questions to obtain a result, there is no fixed stupid a) b) c) which tend to be more confusing than when one is left to his own devices.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.