[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering Suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1472062929506.gif (836KB, 286x204px) Image search: [Google]
1472062929506.gif
836KB, 286x204px
For the past two months, I've really been considering and thinking about the possibility of committing suicide.

I began seeing a therapist, but I'm too afraid to start taking meds out of distrust for the therapy system.

My girlfriend has been angry with me for a week or two. This is because I yelled at her over something completely stupid, probably due to all the stress that's built up over these past couple months.

I've tried to explain to her that I'm stressed, and very regretful that I've treated her poorly. She tuned me out and began telling me that she feels horrible and asking if I don't love her.

I began to explain to her that I'm stressed out about therapy, suicidal thoughts, conflicting emotions about suicide, and my high-stress job. She chuckled and told me that hearing this made her not want to get help for her eating disorder.

I don't know what to do anymore. My own girlfriend isn't even willing to listen to my problems. What should I do?

I'm the guy who made the fluoxetine thread, btw.
>>
>>18033508
Seriously? Break up with your girlfriend.

If she causes you more stress and turns your issue into something about her, she's a cunt.

Relax. Beyond life is a void of nothingness with no return. Or worse. Move on, dude.

What's your job that causes you such high stress? And get on the meds if the thoughts are that disruptive. If you don't like them, you can always wean off them.
>>
>>18033532
I just took the meds.

To be fair, it was inappropriate for me to yell at my girlfriend.

She was at a birthday party (There was no alcohol or anything) and jokingly posted a photo of her kissing her female friend on the cheek in a hot tub. I saw this photo and became furious, but the funny thing is that I don't remember exactly why. I called her while she was at the party and basically told her that the photo was slutty and that I hoped she was enjoying time at a party instead of being there for me. (I was at home alone, and I think I may have been having a panic attack or something)

But yeah, I can see why she would be angry with me.
>>
>>18033508
What state/country?
>>
>>18033555
I live in the US.
>>
>>18033552
For a week or two, though? Maybe a couple days. And she kissed her female friend on the cheek? Dude, bail the fuck out. Do you not see these red flags?

Also
>eating disorder

RED ALERT.
>>
>>18033558
Do you think my anger was justified?

Yes, she does have an eating disorder, but I wouldn't say that it's the whiny tumblr-esque type. She's been diagnosed and I can see that she struggles with it.
>>
>>18033508
Dont commit suicide. Find a hobby the both of you can enjoy. Try finding new common interest.
>>
>>18033562
I think you have a right to be upset. That's definitely a boundary you're reasonable to have. You reacted the wrong way. That's way too passive aggressive. Bring it up calmly like
>Hey, I don't like it when a person I love kisses other people.

Make sure not to say "you" when addressing problems with people, it'll just trigger them.
>>
>>18033567
I do think I reacted the wrong way, but I have expressed to her that she did cross a boundary, which I don't think she understood, but accepted.

Really, I just want her to be there for me. I've heard her out for countless years throughout her battle with Anorexia. It would just feel good to have someone listening.
>>
>>18033576
She clearly doesn't have respect for you or your boundaries.

Like, seriously. Break up with her.
>>
>>18033626
I've been with her for quite a while, anon.

Plus, I really do love her.

I've been reading that when one party in a relationship has depression, things sometimes become harder and more strained. Perhaps that's what is happening?
>>
>>18033637
How long "is a while"?

And what do you do for work that is so stressful?
>>
>>18033637
We've been together for 3 years.

I'm a firefighter. It's stressful at times, and relaxed at other times.
>>
>>18033661
Let me ask you this:

What do you like about your girlfriend?

What don't you like about your girlfriend?

And you're a firefighter? What don't you like about your job? What stresses you out about it?
>>
>but I'm too afraid to start taking meds

what do you have to lose? at least give that a shot before you an hero
>>
>>18033696
I like that she's intelligent, has similar interests as me, I cherish her innocence, her soft smile, her dark sense of humor, her child-like laugh, her traditional views, her modesty, and her curiosity. I especially love how submissive, artistic, and communicative she can be. Despite her short comings, she's the perfect girl.

I suppose the only things I dislike are the fact that when she's hurt, she'll sometimes guilt trip you until you feel like shit, which is when she'll begin acting nice again. That part feels wrong to me. She'll also occasionally get angry, but not directly tell me what's wrong. And of course recently there's the lack of sympathy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.