[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Failed out of college, where now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: iStock_000013576909XSmall.jpg (90KB, 426x282px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000013576909XSmall.jpg
90KB, 426x282px
To be extremely concise, I failed out of college due to not being able to pass math. My other grades were fine in the beginning but right now they've all tanked since I have three F's (retakes) in Calculus.

I've never been very smart but now I'm learning that I might be low IQ. The first two times I studied like hell because I was not getting it and still did not since I did not pass the final. The last time I swallowed my pride and let a tutor teach me. Even then, the tutor i spent hours with in the school library was looking at me like I was retarded. And with all of that my writing skills are horrid and all of my peers are looking down on me as the bottom feeder who is taking up space that an another person should have. These are the contacts I'm supposed to be networking with too.

My college has a three strike policy and failing three courses is automatic expulsion. My biggest issue is that I don't know what to tell my parents and what to even do from here. I've gone from aspiring student (with weak intelligence) to a burden on everyone in one semester.
>>
>>18033051
Bump.

Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
If you can navigate through the schools website and register for classes then you are definatly smart enough for college. Focus on the topics that confuse you the most, you'll get through it.
>>
>>18033217
Well I got kicked out so unfortunately I'm not so sure I may get through it now, maybe next time tho.

How should I approach this with my parents since I haven't told them? Failing out is going to have my parents think extremely lowly of me since my other siblings are ivy league graduates w/ 100k jobs.
>>
File: university1.jpg (30KB, 360x291px) Image search: [Google]
university1.jpg
30KB, 360x291px
College isn't really that hard. Maybe you just don't want to be there? Don't mind the trolls, there are lots of very good programs at vocational schools/community colleges where they actually teach you how to do a job rather than this "well rounded education" scam they push at universities.
>>
What college? Look into transferring to another college. You should be able to transfer all your passed credits.

Or go trade school.
>>
>>18033264
Be at college? I got As and Bs in everything else, it was only math that I could not get through. I literally tried it 3 times. Still fucked up. I didn't really like college but I still took it seriously.
>>18033271
I think where I am the schools are connected under the state, so I wouldn't able to take my credits anywhere since I failed at one school. I'd just be considered high risk. My parents would not let me anywhere near a trade school btw
>>
>>18033328
>I think where I am the schools are connected under the state, so I wouldn't able to take my credits anywhere since I failed at one school. I'd just be considered high risk. My parents would not let me anywhere near a trade school btw

You might want to double check on that one, I just don't buy it, university and trade schools are totally different things even if they both fall under government purview. It might affect you with some of the more academic CC programs (like engineering technician), but you wont be turned away from a plumbing program because you failed out of uni, some of those guys never even graduated fucking high school. Meet with an admissions officer and work something out.

And fuck your parents bro. I wasted too much time in university because I wanted my dad's approval.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.