[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: GENERAL LIFE /ADV/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_mg57quMO7h1qj8u1do1_540.png (358KB, 524x389px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mg57quMO7h1qj8u1do1_540.png
358KB, 524x389px
ITT: General life advice

>something that would've helped you in the past
>things that you think other people should know
>what helps you in your day to day life

Also:
- questions that you might want to know for the future
- keep questions general
>>
I want to ask a question about how to get my life back on track but doubt this would be the right thread
Don't think my questions deserves its own thread though
>>
>>18032987
Ask away faggot, you just wasted a post
>>
>>18032967

Good judgement is gained by making shit decisions.
>>
File: 1486273102872.png (2MB, 1440x1616px) Image search: [Google]
1486273102872.png
2MB, 1440x1616px
Whats the single best advice you can give to someone entering a relationship?
>>
>>18033004
Define a line on personal freedom and privacy and don't fucking compromise it
>>
>>18033004
LEARN TO FORGIVE, WHAT YOUR HEAD SAYS IS ONLY IN YOUR HEAD
>>
>>18033004

Your partner is NOT different from the rest. If things go south, remember there are billions of people with the same biological-sex as them.
>>
Is it generally considered acceptable for someone to accidentally smash their face into the steering wheel repeatedly after they hit someone while drunk driving?
>>
I throw myself at the almighty wisdom of the oldfags. How do I not give a fuck about unimportant everyday bullshit?
>>
>>18033016
Contextually? Maybe. In general? No
>>
Like many people here, I've made shit decisions. I dropped out of school very young, then went to night school to get a basic diploma so to say, but it's not enough to go to university. Then I spent a few years trying different things and quit every single time.

Now I've been working for almost 3 years and my life has improved a lot in general and I know I'm in a better situation that most NEETs and ex-NEETs, I have working experience, I speak three languages, I have lived in different countries, I have hobbies...

But I don't know how to get my life back on track completely, so I can get an education and get a better job

For some reason most people assume I'm a good student and fairly educated and I know many would not believe me if I told them I don't even have the qualification to apply for uni.

Has anybody been in this situation? Dropping out, neeting, getting a bit better, feeling behind... and being too embarrassed to tell it to anybody. Did you manage to get your shit together?
>>
>>18033004
Communicate!! It's the most important thing
>>
>>18033026
Yeah, i enlisted in the army right out of highschool and now im two years behind in college. I plan on going this fall but i hate how behind i am. Its limiting some of my options. So far i dont have much of a direction in life but with each job ive got has gotten a little better in pay and a more respectable job. I can be very professional and organized for a real job i just dont have anything to really back that up. But i know i could be worst and still be working at a grocery store for min wage
>>
>>18033141
I'm thinking of taking the GED test. I know I can take it where I live but don't even know if there are requirements like being an American or Canadian citizen.

The problem is that even though that (+ a couple of extra classes in my country) would allow me to apply for uni, my options would be very very limited.
>>
Bumping for life adv
>>
meditate, you fuckers. get rid of your giant egos. it's literally the answer to 90% of the problems on this board.
>>
>>18032967
people should know that if u have a small desk u cant study. thats literally the only thing a kid should know between 0 and 29
>>
File: 1486533304948.jpg (8KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
1486533304948.jpg
8KB, 250x197px
>>18033009
Sooo fucking hard
>>
>>18033141
Behind what? Just wait till you find out you're in a race to nowhere.
>>
>>18033189
Man I keep hearing the meditation meme but I never know how to start. What the fuck does 'meditate' even mean, do I just sit in a dark room and think about my life? How do I get into meditation?
>>
>>18033389
I heard or read that you sit in a room, no distractions or noise, you can't eat before mediating. Then you in hale and exhale and make up a small mantra or something along those lines try it every day for 5 or 15 minutes? or 10?
I have to restart, I used to try, I am impatient..
>>
>>18033250
You know, now that you say that, thats really opened my eyes. Holy shit thank anon. I feel like ive been reborn and poop out all over again
>>
I want to move out I work and go to school online currently turning 19 this week. Thing is I want to move out of state to norcal or out west in general but I feel like I'm gonna be broke. What do? I'm kind of depressed in my community and want to make something of myself elsewhere. Currently live with my dad but we argue alot. Thing is I haven't been saving much so I probably couldn't afford to go abroad. ..
>>
>>18033389

you learn how to think about nothing and how to feel at peace doing nothing, instead of worrying neurotically about stupid shit 24/7.

it's scientifically proven to make your brain better.
>>
I've started consciously drinking lots of water. I keep a bottle on me and make sure to drink even if I don't feel thirsty, because I think I've gotten used to not hydrating anywhere near enough.

Usually at work I would just have a coffee in the morning, maybe a cold drink for lunch and then nothing until the evening. I think the water's really helping with fatigue because I'm not feeling so exhausted when I get home.
>>
>>18032987
See a therapist
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.