[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does 4chan automatically make you weird?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1484270316520.png (1MB, 900x1174px) Image search: [Google]
1484270316520.png
1MB, 900x1174px
I read in another thread that "no well-adjusted person" would come to 4chan. I consider myself a pretty normal dude - lots of friends, multiple girlfriends, good job, in shape and pretty good looking.

I've just been here for over 10 years because I started posting here in college and enjoy some stuff on like /co/, /tv/, and /ck/. I swing by here a lot.

My question is, are there any other normal, well-adjusted people here, or is it really just a cesspool of weirdos?
>>
/adv/ is one of the most "normal" boards and it also has a high percentage of women compared to the rest of the site so it's a bad example.

I think there's a good amount of people who just don't have anythi gn better to do. Nowadays if I'm not on discord at work I might browse this site for a few minutes but no I don't think it makes you weird unless you are particularly spergy in real life and take too much of the social advice/meme stuff seriously.
>>
>>18032344
>I consider myself a pretty normal dude

yet you had to ask :^)
>>
>>18032344
>My question is, are there any other normal, well-adjusted people here, or is it really just a cesspool of weirdos?

Like you, I have also been here for 10 years. Started coming here when I was a teenager.

What you have to remember - and I've been telling myself this a lot recently, because it is very easy to forget sometimes - is that 4chan has LOTS OF DIFFERENT people. I think it is VERY easy to forget, because we're all anonymous. It means you can never build up an image of what somebody is like, apart from what they've posted in a single thread. By the next thread - poof - all the identities are anonymous again.

Also another important point is whether you believe what people say on here.

As for me (and you can believe this or not, but I can give my word, for what that's worth, that I'm telling the truth), I have some mates in real life, and I've had a couple of not-very-serious-at-all girlfriends, and I did have a good job until I quit (been NEET for 1.5 years now... yeah pretty stupid).

It's a mixed bag here. I do believe there probably are some relatively functional people on here (look at pic related from the advertising page - most people here are enrolled in, or have attended, university).

I do think it takes a particular sort of character to come here though. Yes, mostly educated, like I said. But obviously with a rebellious streak. People without that rebellious streak go to Reddit. 4chan definitely does attract some weirdos because of the rebellious nature. But not *everybody* is a weirdo... probably. If you believe what people say. And people obviously do post photos sometimes to prove that they're relatively normal people.

So yeah. It's a mixed bag. You have to decide for yourself when looking at a post whether it's a normal person or a weirdo. The anonymity makes it harder of course. But that's how it is. The alternative is to not come here... but as we all know, you're here forever. :^)
>>
>>18032344
Those are pretty normie-tier boards, those assumptions are of /b/, /pol/, and /r9k/ visitors
>>
>>18032364

Less about me than it is about the other people. Like, what's the point of asking for advice from, or giving advice to, people that are completely unhinged?

I'd still keep going to /co/ no matter what, but it's still reasonably important for me to know that I can trust that a certain amount of people here are well-adjusted enough.
>>
>>18032344
>My question is, are there any other normal, well-adjusted people here, or is it really just a cesspool of weirdos?
/adv/ has the widest range of people here. There are people who literally need to be locked away, there are people who you'd never think visit 4chan, and there's everyone in between.
>>
File: trump laughing 9.jpg (37KB, 720x547px) Image search: [Google]
trump laughing 9.jpg
37KB, 720x547px
>>18032382
>implying /pol/ isn't normie

I concede that some of them are just pathetic basement nazis. I fully concede that.

But there are definitely normies. /pol/ is huge now. It's pulled in all sorts of people who are pissed off with SJWs.

Also I would say /b/ is very normie, although it's teenage normies. Although it also has faggots and degenerates, I will admit that.

Every board has its fair share of weirdos, /tv/ included (the people who post BLACKED shit all the time). I guess /ck/ is pretty normal yeah. I can't speak for /co/ because I've never been there.
>>
>>18032344
No browsing 4chan doesn't make you weird, but opening a thread to ask that question does
>>
>>18032364
That's the funniest/weirdest part, like he's questioning his sanity
>>
>>18032430
t. Weirdo
>>
>>18032344

i met a lot of people off 4chan. they are all pretty normla people, definitely on the geeky side of things, but they are just normal people.

but they all assume that EVERYONE ELSE is some murderer pedophile when really those arej ust a minority you notie because of how shocking it is.
>>
>>18032344
Youre a faggot.
>>
>>18032505
I really hope you mean asocial, because you are certainly not normal if you're antisocial.
>>
>>18032344
You are autistic enough to not get a joke.
So that's something.
>>
>>18032344
Who the fuck cares? We're all mad in the end. Enjoy, you'll die son.
>>
>>18032344
>Does 4chan automatically make you weird?
nigga you are weird to begin with if you go to this site on a regular basis, but there is certainly different levels of severity.

why are you even asking if you have your life together though? Why do you care? I'd rather be here than fucking facebook or twitter.
>>
File: 76754432325.jpg (17KB, 305x175px) Image search: [Google]
76754432325.jpg
17KB, 305x175px
Me: 21. I have a few good friends. I don't go out much. Never had a girlfriend. Never went on to college or uni. Work 2 low paying jobs. idk grew up in a pretty healthy setting. Play a lot of call of duty.

I'd call myself pretty normal. Would I say I'm well adjusted. Yes. But everyone has their own opinion on what well adjusted is. I'm probably not that "well adjusted" to a Harvard law student i'm sure. But I've never been convicted of a serious crime, never been homeless, nor have I had any serious addictions or anything. And if anyone was like that I'd call them not very well adjusted. So it all comes down to relativity.

I'd say you're pretty normal. And as for the whole of 4chan, it comes down to which board. Take /b/ for example, seems like only the lowest brow of people engage there, but then there's boards like... well take any other board, and you'll see pretty civil posts and conversations most of the time.

It's like another place on the internet, only difference is that /b/ gained a reputation in the late 2000's early 2010s for being this guerrilla force of trolls who've done some pretty fucked up shit. It's the most famous board and it's infamy kinda spills onto the whole site.
>>
>>18032545
That's boring, nobody cares.
>>
>>18032344
>Browses /tv/
>Thinks he is normal
>>
>>18032344

No, I wouldn't say so. I originate from /b/.
>>
File: why nazism is rising again.png (197KB, 612x432px) Image search: [Google]
why nazism is rising again.png
197KB, 612x432px
>>18032344
Well, 4chan was key in radicalizing me to the point where I am a flat out nazi ready to kill all foreigners and traitors from my homeland.
So yeah, it makes you weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0vwOvVuQe4
>>
I'm this weird guy among normalfag friends, but that normalfag level of "weird" that basically counts as my pro rather than con.
4chan basically boosted my sense of humor and made it really dark and awkward kind for normies. I happen to go too far sometimes closing to dangerous /b/tard level but retreat instantly when I see where this is going.
>>
>>18032344
>fap to cp/fluffy/feminine dick
>spend hours trying to get a certain post number
>call everyone nigger or fag
>inject hot sauce into ballsack for trips
>post cock for rates

sounds perfectly normal to me
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.