[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting kicked out of college...what do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1484250857357.gif (387KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
1484250857357.gif
387KB, 269x270px
I'm in my third year studying software engineering and I will probably get kicked out of college tomorrow and I'm freaking the fuck out. I have a test tomorrow and while I'm studying, I didn't set aside enough time for this and now I realize it, I'm still fucking studying but I'm also freaking out and shaking and can't focus because I'm scared as fuck.

What do I do if they kick me out? I can't function in the real world, I don't know how to do taxes, I don't know how fucking insurance works, I never had a proper job and I'm fucking scared. Don't even know how to write a resume when I have nothing to fucking put on it. Not to mention that I'll disappoint my parents and what will my friends think holy shit. I'm seriously considering suicide at this point.
>>
First off, killing yourself over this is idiotic at best.

Secondly, talk to someone in your family/friends that are mature and get some real world advice. It's gonna suck balls getting into the real world but having someone by your side to talk you through it will really help.

How did you fuck up so badly to lead to this? I can't believe one test is going to screw you over royally unless it counts for most of your grades.
>>
>>18031802

Where do they kick you out of college for failing a test?
>>
>>18031854
>>18031857
I already failed one attempt on the final in this subject but I also have tests from other subjects so I only had about a week to study for this and I had fever for the first 3 days so in the end it was 4 days. I'm emailing my professors because technically there is a possibility to have one more attempt after this but it's unlikely, I'm pretty much at their mercy if I fail tomorrow.
>>
>>18031802
You have to really fuck up very very seriously to be thrown out of college. Even if you fail most of your classes they'll probably put you on probation, meaning that you have to do better next semester, and they'll offer you advising and tutoring to help you do it. And even if you're already on probation and they do drop you, the process almost certainly includes the option of re-applying after a semester or year out. Nobody is ever thrown out of college and told to never come back for academic reasons, only for major cheating or criminal offenses.
>>
When you're not prepared for an exam simply don't show up.

I never unserstand people who have this kind of fear.
Being unprepared = 90% sure of failing.
>>
>>18031892
I'm in one of the best unis in europe, they don't take shit lightly around here and the vast majority of people get kicked out within the first 2 semesters, it's pretty intense. Of course I can reapply next year but it will be like 2 extra years just for bachelors because I will have to retake couple classes where I got na E, I honestly don't know if I even should go back mainly because I feel like a burden to everyone because I can't work fulltime alongside school and my parents still help me out financially. And it also means at least half a year out of school in which I have no idea what to do, I'm abroad and living in dorms so I have nowhere to stay here if I'm not in school and if I go back to my parents I probably won't be able to get a job in IT because there are like no jobs there.

>>18031901
I get an F if I don't show up. You have to sign up for exams in advance and cancel at most like 3 days before the test.
>>
>>18031802
>I'm afraid, so I think I'll kill myself
sounds pretty stupid to me.

It's ok to be a failure. Most people fail.
Calm the fuck down.
>>
>>18031802
Pretty much me, I got depressed for a year and unemployed for another year but I think I'm starting to get a grip. You will too.
>>
File: 1456449260715.gif (988KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456449260715.gif
988KB, 250x250px
>>18031965
This, I genuinely chuckled at the idiocy. The fuck is wrong with this generation...
>>
Failing college/uni sucks. I went to university for a physics degree, failed end of year exams. Had to do retakes but didn't study enough, so failed and had to drop out.

Life sucked for a bit, but I was able to find a job not too long after. What options do you have in the place you're living in for unemployment benefit, are you entitled to anything?

It's alright to feel shitty if you fail. You're not going to be happy. But the important thing is after you feel like shit, to figure out your next steps.

Your family will hopefully be more concerned with making sure you're alright.
>>
>>18031931
What university?
>>
>>18032137
This is pretty much me. The college I studied in is in another city, so I had to rent a house. At first I was supposed to live and study with a classmate from my old school, but he wasn't accepted into the college. I convinced another friend to get a job in the city and live with me. Now that I dropped out and bailed he has either pay double the rent or get himself fired out of his job. The landlord I rented the house from is also pissed at me because we had a deal.

My parents had big hopes for me and I feel terrible for disappointing them and wasting their money on my education. I'm scared what my friends will think of me. The only thing I have going for me is my talent with computers and various technology, but I'm scared I'll let that go to waste without a degree. I know that I'll have to get a job as soon as I can, but like you I never had a job. I barely even know where to look for one. I have no idea how the world works and I'm scared shitless. I feel like dumb irresponsible piece of shit. I'm wondering why do I even live. My only hope right now is to dig my way out this massive pile of shit I'm in and get a grip on things as fast as I can.

I'm not sure if that's any comfort to you anon, but know that you're not alone with this kind of situation.
>>
>>18032684
oops, meant to reply to >>18031802
>>
File: 1480757461356.png (66KB, 382x395px) Image search: [Google]
1480757461356.png
66KB, 382x395px
>>18032684
Thanks m8. We'll get through it hopefully.

Well I think I know what I'll do, I will study late into the night, try to do the test tomorrow morning and if I don't do it I'll try to get another attempt from a professor. If he says no, I'll try to find a job here in the city. I talked with some friends who said they'll help me get a job in IT by referring me to their boss if I can't find one myself, another friend gave me advice on writing a resume because she also didn't have any experience when she was looking (apparently highschool competitions look pretty good on a resume and people from my uni don't have a problem finding a job even when kicked out which puts me a litttle at ease since I did like all of the STEM ones) I also found out I can stay at dorms even as a non-student but I'll have to pay more but If I'm working it should be ok and hopefully I won't need help from my parents anymore, and next year I will see if I return to school or just keep working.

I'm still scared shitless though, it's hard to study with a panic attack every 20 to 30 minutes.
>>
I failed college after spending 2 years in it and left.
Then i reapplied and now i finished my first year with a great gpa. It's not over anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 375x375px
>>18031802
Sup anon, I was kicked out of college a year and a half ago for reason that invoke diagnosed depression and general being lazy/spiteful person. It's going to be a situation that gets worse before it gets better. This is the time where you have to swallow your pride and change who you are as a person. You need to analyze who you are and what you want to be. I am now working part time and doing community college until I transfer somewhere else. This is the time I am building good habits, they don't come right away but that's the point. Every day it gets a little easier, you got to do it every day thats the hard part bojack horseman 2k16. As far as friends that's the pride part only one of my friends knows I've been booted, one group thinks I still go there but am transfering out soon and the rest I just say that my family needs help. Really if you can be honest that is better but do what you need to get by. If you don't get kicked out then still change who you are as a person for if it happened once and you change nothing it will happen again. Good luck anon we are all going to make it I'm about to and I hoped what I said will help you to.
>>
>>18031877
Failing a final generally doesn't cause you to fail out of program. Are your grades just garbage in general, and this is going to push you over the limit?
>>
Smoke pot and go on the dole like the loser faggot you are.
>>
File: 1484775048036.gif (832KB, 451x334px) Image search: [Google]
1484775048036.gif
832KB, 451x334px
>>18031802
You're going to fail because you can't focus on this acutely important task. Now is either the time to learn some work ethic OR tomorrow will be the day you learn some real life skills.
>>
>>18032147
1 person = entire generation

plus, these failures have always existed, but you didn't know before because world was not connected as much as it is today
>>
>>18035421
The point is that they didn't consider KILLING THEMSELVES over something so fucking trivial

I mean it's sort of a big thing but it's not the fucking end of the world
>>
Depending on what OP wishes to do later in life, killing self isn't a stupid idea. It nearly happened to me and to be fair, as someone who can't fathom doing anything else than research, killing self in this situation sounds good. It's just difficult to achieve. (I'm in a situation very similar to OP atm). Where are you from, OP ?
>>
>>18035839
(I'm also a dysfunctional autist, just like you)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.