[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get promoted at work >Get my own email account >Large

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images-19.jpg (17KB, 577x255px) Image search: [Google]
images-19.jpg
17KB, 577x255px
>Get promoted at work
>Get my own email account
>Large company, everything is done through Google
>Gmail, google drives for document sharing etc
>All departments/important people get an email, sometimes shared
>Get told to set up email on my phone for ease of use

I did, but its recently clicked that I may have a massive privacy risk here. The way Google and its peers are now trying to integrate themselves into every aspect of our tech lives, I'm wondering if what I do on my phone could be stored on this account in any way.

I found a 'previous activity' section in settings, and it had a bunch of youtube videos my predecessors who had this email address had watched, mostly related to work. Nothing I had watched though, which is a relief.

Just wondering, is it worth giving this email account access to my phone? Just how much of my info is Google saving? Its not Google im worried about so much, but rather higher ups in the company, successors etc being able to see things I have done on my phone, while connected to that account.

Anybody know how deep this shit goes?
>>
At this point ask for a work phone or just don't integrate it into your personal one.

Company isn't paying you to check that shit off the clock and they have your phone number if they really need to get ahold of you. At the most effort possible, use a Linux distro and a mail client off there if you need to have access from anywhere that isn't work.
>>
If you own an android phone don't connect it to the work email.

You could probably get away with it if you used a third party email app to receive work related emails and never gave the actual phone your gmail log in.
>>
>>18031462

So using the Gmail app, on an android, and logging in to the email through that is basically fucking retarded and I should stop, right? I can just imagine all my pictures being uploaded to some company drive or something.
>>
any company that uses Google like this deserves their information be compromised. Yes, Google knowns everything that's in your emails, and from their perspective it's completely obvious that this company mail and that phone belong to the same person (regardless of whether you register it).

>I found a 'previous activity' section in settings, and it had a bunch of youtube videos my predecessors who had this email address had watched
Why in god's name do you get a used email adress/Google account?

> I'm wondering if what I do on my phone could be stored on this account in any way.
Well, if this is a full-fledged Google Account and you log into that account via your phone, all activity that is associated with Google on that phone is stored and associated to that accont. So, Google owns youtube, and if you visit youtube through the built-in browser or youtube app, they will say and log that $Company-account has watched video so and so. As you demonstrated, anybody with capabilities to log into that account can view a recent-activity feed where that info will be available. They probably also see what apps you installed through the google play store and so on. But I doubt they have access to non-google-associated data on your phone, like Whatsapp things or pics you shot (unless you uploaded them to some google thing) without physical access to the device. How much access Google itself has to these things is debatable.

As others have suggested, I would demand a work phone, so you don't need to switch between work and personal account on your phone, the possibility of which is not clear anyway.
>>
>>18031646
Also, if they tell you to setup the Google account on your personal phone, I would demand that you get to set your own password that you don't have to tell them, not now and not when they want to give the account to someone else. Basically, make sure they cannot get access to what happens on that account.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.