[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have depression. I also have a great friend that does what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1485797481252.jpg (77KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
1485797481252.jpg
77KB, 564x846px
I have depression. I also have a great friend that does what he can to help me through it. He was also there to help me to take me to the hospital when I tried to commit suicide.
Lately hes been acting and sounding a lot like me when I'm depressed. He recently just broke up with a great girl.
I just want to help him like he helps me but trying to get anything out of him is impossible.
He has a way with words with me, I can spill the beans on anything and pretty much an open book. But me? I can't barely get a gutral moan out of him sometimes.
I just want to help him like he's helped me...
Should I wait it out and be more active in his life?
I try to invite him to do things, like come over to my house or go hiking. He sometimes hits me up on these offers but when I know he's really down and out he'll decline...
>>
Any type of relationship is about give and take. If all you do is take you will lose everyone you need in your life.

What you need to understand is everytime someone helps you, you are drawing energy from them and sometimes it takes a lot and can leave them emotionally drained.

If your friend has been your source of strength at your lowest points then now its time for you to be theirs. Give back.
>>
>>18030968
But I'm trying to give back and it feels like he's not receptive to it? If that makes sense?
>>
>>18030975
start off by not trying to kill yourself, that's a little freaky and I wouldn't hang out anywhere near you because you're a walking liability
>>
>>18030982
...except he's still been a reliable person to me even after I tried to kill myself. I know this is a bait post but still nice to know context sometimes.
>>
>>18030988
stop being a faggot
>>
File: 1464915707061.jpg (48KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1464915707061.jpg
48KB, 422x422px
>>18030989
I hope you find peace someday.
>>
>>18030954
(Assuming OP is female)
When it comes to depression, guys don't have a tendency to open up easily. It's not a failure of you, it's just the way we are. All you can do is keep trying, and realise that you cant always know. And even if you don't, you still need to be his point of strength.
>>
>>18031029
I'm actually male. And thanks for the words of wisdom. I won't stop but I sometimes feel like I'm not doing enough?
>>
>>18031080
It'll feel like that, but your friend still has to do it on his own. You are there to help, not fix his issues.

Side note: Good on you man for breaking the trend of keeping it silently bottled inside
>>
>>18031091
Yeah we've been breaking norms for a while now, but I still want to help him more. Except recovering from a break up is much different from depression. A break up takes time ot heal. Depression takes much more than that.

I feel like I'm trying to fight a battle with the wrong tactics here.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.