[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stop someone from liking you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

So I've moved to a different place out of necessity since roommates were a problem.
And now I've moved in with a friend but problem is I get the feeling she likes me. She always puts me as a priority. Asks me to eat out with her regularly and texts me about how I'm doing habitually. I rarely ever text them first.
Ever since I've moved in she's made me breakfast and regularly makes me food and asks me to hang out watch shows etc. I don't mind these things but it feels like she wants to get every opportunity to spend time with me.
Even if I step out for a smoke for a few minutes they step out just to be around me and it makes me feel strange.

They are not my type as they are very traditional and conservative and way over my age: 36 while I'm 23. They also have a 'boyfriend' who they barely see and lives in another town.

I've known this person for years (they're an untraditional student) and now she's my landlady. I'm not sure how she feels about me and I don't ever want to bring it up ever since it's really uncomfortable (plus I don't want to be too presumptuous) but how do I prevent them from wanting to be around me so much passively without being a dick about it because they really are a good friend to me.
>>
>>18030824
Dude she's your mom
>>
>>18030824
You don't say or do shit. Accept it, and don't act on it.
>>
Get some sort of life that doesn't involve you being home all the time.
>>
>>18030824
Complaining that your wanted lol i wish i had your problems
>>
>>18032183
>>18032183
I can be a real homebody sometimes but I suppose this isn't a bad idea. Looks like I'll join some clubs on campus and spend all my study time in the library. I think this could help.
>>
>>18032020
My main issue is I don't want to ignore them or be rude. But I suppose a little less contact is in order. I really don't want to hurt their feelings but yeah I think it's gotten to a point where she's accustomed to spending all this time with me and I suppose I'll make myself more scarce little by little.

>>18032210
sorry don't mean to come across as complaining I just need a diplomatic way to deal with his.

>>18030843
that's just as worse. I don't need a mom, my actual mom would never go out of her way to give me so much special treatment. It's not really something I like or am used to. I prefer people to have their own lives that don't have me as the forefront desu
>>
>>18030843
lol
>>
Honestly it sounds like she is doing all these nice things for you out of pity. She probably thinks youre a lonely loser who wants to be included in things.
>>
>>18033081
I've suspected this before but the reality is the opposite desu. I spend time with an array of people and I work but I'm basically one of her only friends in the small college town we live in.
>>
>>18030824
I can tell you right now that if you don't confront and attempt to walk a huge circle around it, whatever relationship (as friends) you have with her isn't going to last. You go to say you like the friendship without wanting more but real friends share and don't care about approval because they accept you already. One of you is going to harbor resentment - omg idk if she likes me or what but it's smothering and i hate her//omg this guy i'm very friendly with won't open up to me as a friend no matter how hard I try.

Points aside, are you sure you're not her gay friend?
>>
>>18030824
Are you Majestic Ape? If so i hate you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.