[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annoying Roommate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 121wpsi.png (5KB, 191x146px) Image search: [Google]
121wpsi.png
5KB, 191x146px
Hi /adv/
tl;dr I have a fucking annoying roommate who talks all the time and I don't know how to deal with it

I'm in my last year of college and I have a roommate I've never roomed with before (I'm a transfer student)

Basically he's on Skype with his friends almost all day every day talking very loudly about awful stuff and he often laughs or makes other awful sounds that are ridiculously annoying

He is usually loud enough to hear in other parts of the house (two-story townhouse situation)

He often stays up till about 1~2am playing video games with his friends and talking to them; usually the lateness isn't a huge deal because I stay up pretty late as well but there have been a few times where I've needed sleep for early things and have needed to tell him to quiet down

Even when he's not talking to friends he often talks to himself and I have no fucking clue why; he narrates his activities or the things he's reading

I'm a pretty quiet guy and like having quiet. I don't really want to bring up with this guy that I hate his fucking voice because I feel like he should at least know that talking as loudly/often has he does during quiet hours is against the rules. Should I just bite the bullet and bring this up with an RA? What would you all do? I really don't like confrontation and I should have just applied for a room change between semesters but now I'm stuck with him and it's my last semester and I don't know if I can deal with feeling unwelcome in my own room for three more months.

Thanks for your input.
>>
>>18030314
Shit man, at least your roommate talks to someone. Mine talks to himself and yells and makes retard noises then laughs at them.

You'd think after 2 years this would've gotten old.

I need to get out.
>>
File: 1407775551960.jpg (314KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
1407775551960.jpg
314KB, 960x895px
>>18030452
It sounds like we both need to do something about our respective situations
>>
>>18030462
Ha yeah.

well mine has a few caveats to it, also the fucking job market.

I'd say tell him this is an issue. Just try to settle on designated quiet hours. It's your home too.
>>
>I only read the tl;dr

A.) Move out.
B.) Wait for them to move out. (not recommended)
C.) Communicate with them about the problem and if you're unable to work it out, see options A or B.
>>
>>18030528
I should have said in the tl;dr I'm in college so really the only feasible solution is probably something between C and taking up with the RA

I probably should just talk with him about this but I really don't want to because I feel like he should know how much of an ass he's being
>>
Is he black?
>>
>>18030596
Deleted previous response; what I should have said is why do you ask?
>>
>>18030636
Had 2 black floormates. They just can't shut up whatever you do. They think they are whispering but still loud as fuck.
>>
>>18030699
Ah okay I was afraid you knew him. He breaks rule 2 all the time.

I'm kind of back and forth on whether I can expect relative quiet in my room most of the time and for now I think I've settled on I can at least expect not to be subjected to a very loud conversation at pretty much all hours. I need to do something about this but I just really don't want to talk to him. I'll consult an RA within the week and see what he says. Thanks for all your input friends
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.