[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Helping a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

So, I have this one friend of mine whom I've been talking to for quite a long time already and I really want to help them in some way, but I really don't know how to do it. Basically they're sad as fuck most of the time, always feeling lonely and hopeless as fuck, which is very sad and really bad. I don't like seeing them like that, since he's an amazing person I really like and I know well how bad it feels.
I want to help this friend for real, I want to see him being as amazing as he can be, I wanna see him well and I don't know where to start. How should I help him? What can I do? I know I won't make miracles or something like that by helping, but I know this will be helpful and good in some way. Thanks in advance for any advice. I really don't know what to do and he's special as fuck for me.

Note: it's not someone I know irl.
>>
Tell him to see a therapist
>>
For short term help I think spending more time with him and letting him vent to you will do the trick. Find something you both enjoy like reading comics or some TV series. Watch it together and talk about it. Do as much as you can to keep the time you spend together happy. Encourage him to do something.

If this goes on for too long he may become attached to you as his only source for happiness so you have to be careful. Basically the idea is to help him find something he enjoys so he can go off on his own and pursue doing those things without you.
>>
>>18030304
He doesn't want to see one, he thinks it won't help
>>
>>18030287
well you could write everything you wrote here and tell them that, that sounds like someone that would make anyone happy. depressed people dont like doing things themselves, if you told him you wanted to help him a shit ton he'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>18030316
I actually spend quite a lot of time talking to him, but I didn't think about encouraging him to do something. Thanks for the advice, man
>>
>>18030360
I'm planning to say so when he's awake. I thought about this and it really seems like a good idea. Thanks anon
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.