[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I live in a dangerous part of town, and for a fun project,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6877.png (990KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6877.png
990KB, 800x1000px
So I live in a dangerous part of town, and for a fun project, I thought it'd be cool to make gauntlets like in pic related for self defense (minus the spikes maybe). The catch is I want the part covering the fist to be able to "fold back" or retract with a lock, so I can pass it off as weird fashionable bracelets. As someone with no experience in metalworking or anything, where should I start?
>>
Self defense against what?
What are gauntlets going to do?

Nothing about this seems like a good idea.

If you really wanted something concealable that would augment your fists, brass knuckles are far more concealable.

People aren't retarded. If they see you walking down the street with straps over your hands, and metal clasps, it's going to draw attention. Furthermore, it's going to make it seem like you're looking for trouble which is only going to draw more attention to you.

Speaking about the gauntlets specifically, I doubt they would even help in a fight in the first place. I mean, chances are you don't know shit about how to fight to begin with, then you're building gauntlets with poor tolerances that are essentially going to pad any impact you COULD make as well as slow down your strikes.

I just... I don't get it.

Get a knife or something.

You're not a magical witch girl.
>>
>>18029940
>Nothing about this seems like a good idea.
>>
>>18029940
>People aren't retarded. If they see you walking down the street with straps over your hands, and metal clasps, it's going to draw attention. Furthermore, it's going to make it seem like you're looking for trouble which is only going to draw more attention to you.
Not to mention that carrying around a weapon like that is an offence in some places
>>
walking around looking like a cosplay nerd wearing "fashionable bracelets" is gonna get your ass beat lol

>>18029940
this isn't great advice either. don't carry a knife or brass knuckles unless you know how to fight with them. learn how to run fast, dress to draw attention away from yourself, and get a CCW if absolutely necessary.
>>
>>18029910

Why not check the laws regarding self defence in your area first?

It's seems to me like you are taking the most complicated path for self defence.
Also the most autistic, if you want to carry a weapon, get one that's already made and available.

Just know the basics of hand to hand combat;
>Feet apart, staggered stance, to keep balance.
>Joints bent, not locked.
>Kicks, for the most part are useless, unless the opponent is otherwise unable to block/catch your leg.
>Cover your face, hands must always be up.
>Swift punched with elbows never fully unlocked > slow, hard punches with arm fully retracted.
>Best spots to hit are head, genitals (for men mainly, but not entirely useless of women), locked joints (easy to break), throat and under the arms (more nerves = more pain, useful to stun. A good slap or pinch there is a great way to fuck with someone trying to tackle you, and with their head so low it'll open them up to a knee in the face).
>A fight avoided is a fight won. If you don't have to fight, then don't. It is a risky last resort.
>Accompanying the previous rule, if you are forced into fighting, you don't know how far the other person is willing to go. Don't take chances or unnecessary risks. Don't kill them if you can avoid it, but if you can, knock them the fuck out.
>Lastly, get as loud as possible. Not only is it an intimidation tactic, it may attract witnesses to back you up or cause the attacker to flee.

Again, if you can avoid fighting, then avoid it. But yeah, it's good to be prepared just in case you can't.
>>
>>18029940
>>18029954
>>18029972
Because it looks cool
Even if it's not legal, I'd like to make them for the novelty of having something like that, so the original question still stands.

(Regarding self defense skills, I know running is the best option, and I've boxed and done Muay Thai for 5 and 3 years now, respectively)
>>
>>18030265
Boxing isn't self defense. Street fighting is anything goes, and boxing is rules and technique.
>>
>>18029910
Sorry about your shit taste you fucking weeb.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.