[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blocking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

Hello 4chan,

Can someone help me understand why this happened? Talked to a co-worker, and then I asked him to hang out and he said "sure yeah, I'm usually busy but in the near future" and then he blocked me, not sure why? I wasn't mean and I didn't say anything provocative. I know he has a gf but I didn't say it in a way that seemed like I was asking him out, well at least, that's what I think. Anyway, I'm just trying to figure why he blocked me, male anons help
>>
>>18029480
So you're a girl, he's a guy in a committed relationship, and you wanted to "hang out" one-on-one? Grow up.
>>
prob thought you were coming on to him. or his GF read your message and was overly protective and asked him to block you/did it herself.
>>
>>18029480
you a femanon?
Guys especially guys with gf don't like having friends that are grills.
If so try and get friendly with some other grills.
>>
>>18029480
I blocked a guy who asked me to hang out knowing that I had a boyfriend. However, I know I'm sort of excessive. I'm just saying that it's possible that he blocked you for the same reason. OR: maybe he told his girlfriend and she asked him to block you. My point is, why the hell would you ask a taken guy to hang out? If you actually just want to be friends, you could have made it a group thing.
>>
maybe his gf told him to block you after he told her about it.
or he has some reason to never hang out with you, but was too gutless to say no.
that reasons could be again his gf, or he just doesn't like to hang around with people at all
or he hates you.
>>
>>18029483
>assuming op had sexual intentions
I'm sorry you live with the idea that men and women can't have platonic friendships.
>>
/Thread.
>>
>>18029486
This.
My money's on the gf blocked you kek. Women are territorial and catty enough to do shit like that.
>>
>>18029491
because maybe she chooses her friends not by genitalia.
I am taken and have the same amount of male and female friends.
but people are different, to some it is a problem,
for me it would be a problem if my partner was over possessive
>>
>>18029493
They literally can't
>>
>>18029501
Your autism is off the charts
>>
>>18029493
OP's co-worker does not want a platonic friendship, because it will cause nothing but trouble in his relationship. She could cause a pretty big fight just by texting him a lot, which is why blocking her made sense.

Classic "homewrecker" behavior, and if you'd ask them, they NEVER have sexual intentions until it "just kinda happens"
>>
>>18029493
Of course they can, but you don't just start texting and hanging out with the new girl in the office when you have a serious girlfriend. You don't ditch your close friends of the opposite sex when you get into a relationship, but at that point, you don't really go looking for NEW platonic single friends of the opposite sex to spend your time with.

This isn't a black-and-white issue like you're trying to make it seem. If it was your boyfriend/girlfriend flirting with a co-worker, don't act like you wouldn't feel suspicious and pissed
>>
>>18029483
Dude, I'm in a three year committed relationship and of course I have a variety of male and female friends, it's not something that bothers my boyfriend and vice versa for my boyfriend too.
>>
>>18029480
Had something kinda similar happen recently. To most straight people, an invitation to spend alone time with somebody of the opposite gender is seen as a date invite/sexual advance. It's really stupid and presumptuous but that's how it is. I'm a guy, and any time I'm with a girl people assume we are dating. I took two different trips with separate girls for reasons (business and friendship) and people thought it was part of some celecer plan I had to hook up with them when it wasn't.

I hate it, because I want to have friends and get along with girls but people always plant that seed, the idea that men and women can only relate sexually unless they are family. I feel like I can't even make friends with girls because they assume I want to bang them and that's why I show interest in them. How sad.
>>
>>18029486
Yeah maybe that's what I had thought but it seemed excessive in a sense, wasn't sure.
>>18029487
I'm 100% sure he was okay talking to me, not sure why he wouldn't be ok. >>18029491
Thought about making it a group thing but I didn't know.
>>18029492
Maybe yeah, he doesn't hate me for sure.
>>18029493
Nope, never had any sexual intention with any of my male friends, except for my boyfriend of course.
>>18029498
Yeah I think so too!
>>18029500
Yeah, totally understand, that's me as well.
>>18029506
You're an asshole.
>>18029509
I see that's understandable.
>>18029520
That's true, thanks.
>>
>>18029525
Yeah! That's true, I have experienced that too, it's quite sad that it happens. Too bad society is brought up that way.
>>
>>18029491
>If you actually just want to be friends, you could have made it a group thing.
This right here.

If you had made it a group thing it would have been fine.
>>
Some people just have no interest of dragging females into their social circle when they are in a commited relationship.
I wouldn't be OK with my partner adding guys to her phone that she meets and then plan to "hangout" with them.
I don't give a shit if you think it's excessive or "jealously". I know hundreds of people that achieved a lot in life and think just alike. We don't consider it normal and yes, i believe there is always an ongoing attraction between male and females, even if they are "friends".
I let everyone i date know how i feel about that way and that's it. If they don't agree they can move along.
>>
>>18029523
OK, but what if he met a NEW girl in his office, and started texting her a lot, going out just to hang out with her? You wouldn't have any problem with that at all? This isn't the same as an established group of friends that includes men and women. This is one random girl coming into his life suddenly because she wants to "be friends."

I'm not saying OP has bad intentions, or that it's impossible for this to work out - I'm just saying it's completely normal for the guy and/or his girlfriend to SUSPECT that OP is looking for trouble
>>
>>18029536
487 here. You talk to ppl at work and be polite to maintain a pleasant working atmosphere nothing more. Also I'd suggest leaving him alone. Your question has been answered. Please desist so that others with real problems are more likely to get answered thank you.
>>
>>18029565
OP seems fresh out of college. You don't jeopardize your job like this. His reaction makes sense.
>>
>>18029554
Okay, that's true and it's understandable, so thank you.
>>18029557
Alrighty, thanks for the help.
>>
>>18029557
Okay, understandable, thank you, cheers. Should I apologize if I see him or is that a bad idea?
>>
>>18029557
>I'm just saying it's completely normal for the guy and/or his girlfriend to SUSPECT that OP is looking for trouble
Or, to add further, that it could affect the guy's job. They don't have to suspect OP of anything but that possibility of it becoming trouble could endanger his job. Or the possibility another co worker would see you two together and interpreting what they will (small town dangers). Work gossip is fucked up and dangerous.
>>
>>18029584
Nah I'd just let it be. Be polite/friendly when you see him at work, but don't try again to hang out or text outside of work.
>>
>>18029584
Just tell him you didn't mean nothing by it and that you're sorry if you caused him trouble. Then give him space.
>>
>>18029584
No. You haven't done anything wrong and if he wanted an apology he wouldn't have blocked you.

Forget about it. Treat him like everyone else. Be polite and friendly.

If he wants to become friends with you at work then do that. Some people make it a rule to have separate social and work lives. Any friendship outside of work will NEED to be initiated by him. You cannot do it.

How long have you worked at this place? How long have you known him?
>>
>>18029602
In general, I'm a really nice friendly person and I never want to cause anyone any trouble so I do want to apologize because I didn't think it would be so bad, I'll leave him alone after that.
>>
>>18029480
You're either fat, gross, or below his social/etiquette class. Move on, and lower your standards to something real, or grow up and stop acting so immature at your age
>>
>>18029609
I just started working there recently but he was super personal, asking a lot of details about me and semi flirty, but not too much hence why I asked, but again not in a way where I want to continue a relationship with him. We both know that we're both in a relationship, so I thought it wouldnt be so bad. I'm new to this town and I just asked him to show me some new places here, I didn't know it would escalate into something so bad, never had the intention of doing so.
>>
>>18029613
You didn't do anything wrong and nothing bad happened. Everything gets blown out of proportion on 4chan because now this thread has turned into a general debate about platonic friends vs. relationships.

But your actual situation just amounts to a really minor misunderstanding. At this point, the worst-case scenario is that things will be awkward at work with this guy. The best way to minimize that awkwardness would just be to take the hint, move on, carry on with your job and keep things professional with this guy.

An apology would just make it all seem like a bigger deal than it has to be. The goal should be to AVOID drama in the workplace, not add to it
>>
>>18029617
How old do you think I am asshole, I'm not close to fat. I'm not trying to get with him.
>>
>>18029617
Then you are both gross and below his eyiquette standards. You both have the same jobs, but you are trash and he is of a good family.
>>
>>18029636
Your opinion is really not needed. >>18029631
Okay, true but I just don't want to come across as bad, I like to be on everyone's good side, not the bad
>>
>>18029622
>I just started working there recently
Thought so. Never do one on one hangouts with the opposite sex when starting a new job. You'll gain a bad reputation fast regardless of your intentions.

Group hangouts are the best thing, stick with those for a few months. They'll allow you to meet the most amount of people in the shortest amount of time. You'll find better friends that route.
>>
>>18029647
Ok but what do I do now?
>>
>>18029642
I'm telling you though, you're only gonna make this worse if you keep drawing it out. You didn't do anything that requires an apology. You asked if he wanted to hang out, and he blew you off. Let it go.

The best way to stay on peoples' good side at your JOB is to be professional and focus on work. Don't worry about making everyone like you, just do your job well and don't stir up drama with your coworkers
>>
>>18029658
Okay, will do so, thanks a lot, cheers.
>>
>>18029642
>u did nothing wrong
>ok, tru
>tl;dr
Im new to this board. Looks like they mispelled fat trash feminist victim complex board
Back to vidya i go
>>
>>18029642
>I just don't want to come across as bad, I like to be on everyone's good side, not the bad
Sometimes the best way to do this is to do nothing. Trying too hard is detrimental.

If a coworker goes out of their way to convince me they are a good person I'll be suspicious as hell.

Good people don't have to convince others they're good people, it'll happen with time. Let it.

Be professional, do your job, and you'll be respected and eventually make friends.
>>
>>18029669
Thanks, cheers!
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.