[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I grew up too fast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 98af83ccfd85f673.jpg (300KB, 1052x755px) Image search: [Google]
98af83ccfd85f673.jpg
300KB, 1052x755px
Hey adv

I'm currently 19 and I think I grew up too fast.
2 years ago, I was always out with friends and we drank some alcohol and visited parties. When I turned 18, I didnt do all these things anymore. My friends were asking me "Hey buddy, come drink with us.", I was like "nah" and I abandoned my friends after time to time until they broke their contact with me.

I got interested into a lot of political stuff, documentations, history since 1 year, but I feel like I'm such a boring person now. When I was 17, I would do any shit with my friends, drinking, doing retarded stuff and so on. But now my mind is telling me "dont do that", "You will hurt urself", "how old are you already?".I don't have fun into these things anymore and I'm somehow ashamed of doing that again..

I see alot of people talking about parties, clubs snapchat, or how they fucked in onenight stands. I also want to go to clubs and have some fun, but It got impossible for me. Even my sister says I act like a 40 year old man

I dont really want to stay like that until I die. Do you guys think that's okay? Would you date me even when I don't want to go to parties anymore?
>>
>>18029116
>Would you date me even when I don't want to go to parties anymore?

If you think only at parties you can get dates, then you didn't grow up too fast. You are still a teen at heart, you just party less.
>>
>>18029116
Do you feel like you're supposed to go out because your friends are, or do you actually want to go out?

You don't need to be at a club to have fun, but if you want to go then go.
There's no shame in having fun, it feels like you're forcing yourself to grow up.
"If I like politics I can't be some drunk at 3 AM" is the vibe I'm getting from you.
Find a way to reconcile these parts of you and if you end up not wanting to party, then don't party.
If you do want to party, then party.
You only feel shame if you're afraid of others' opinions and frankly, they don't know enough about you to have an opinion.

Oh and if you feel jealous of those snapchats, remember that a 5 second clip is the highlight of their 5 hours or whatever they've spent at that place.
The rest is just filled with boredom.
>>
>>18029127
I don't party anymore, because it got so boring for me. It was always the same stuff

>Drink
>get drunk
>headache in the morning
>>
>>18029141

Fine, I get that. I'm just saying "less party" =/= "growing up".

Do you see this?:

>Do you guys think that's okay? Would you date me even when I don't want to go to parties anymore?

That tells me you are still figuring yourself out. You are not gonna be like this forever. You are trying new things and learning about yourself. Pick and choose what works for you and don't focus so much on what others think of you. You do you.
>>
>>18029139
I actually want to do something, but not rly partying anymore. ugh.

>"If I like politics I can't be some drunk at 3 AM
Yeah in this situation my mind is like "You're a grown up man, stop doing that crap", or anything similar.

>You only feel shame if you're afraid of others' opinions and frankly, they don't know enough about you to have an opinion.

Also that, I was never really insecure about myself, but since my friends broke up contact with me, I don't really feel well with myself, or confident ugh.

>>18029158
I hope so

But I feel like people in my age can't have fun without any drinks. I somehow understand it, but alcohol is so bad for your body and brain, do people even think about things like these?
>>
>>18029174
>But I feel like people in my age can't have fun without any drinks.

Don't judge and don't overgeneralize. I drank responsibly my whole life, so not everyone is a mess with alcohol.

Don't talk about people as "categories". "People my age" means nothing, ok?
>>
>>18029198
I dunno man, I'm sorry for believing that right now, but I havent met anyone who can't have fun without drinking on parties.
>>
Now I realised that I sound like an asshole
>>
>>18029116
Meet people like yourself and have more adult fun with them. Join Young Republicans/Democrats, debating society, environmental groups or whatever interests you. Meet like people there.
>>
>>18029116
Being boring does not mean grown up. I thought I was the same way, but I realized that I was just afraid to open up and have fun with people, so I adopted a manner of speech that resembled the cordial way adults who've just met speak. As a consequence I was very boring.

Of course, not having many friends and being afraid of going out left me with a lot of time to read, watch TV and look at curent events aside from pop-culture, which I then used to rationalize my avoidance of people my age by claiming they were inferior to me and my interests were too deep for them.

I know a 70 year old redneck who can party like a beast, been working all his life, and provided for a family. He's mature.

You're what we call 'sophomoric'
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.