[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I move out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 20151207_151816.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151207_151816.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I'm a college freshman in Canada just about to finish first year. My plan is to at least wait till graduation (planning on finishing in 3 years), but home is getting more toxic and I'm getting tempted to do it soon.

Any stories? Tips? I have about 3k in savings and have two part time jobs, i can probably cop a roommate arrangement for $500/month
>>
>>18028625
do it you won't regret it
>>
>>18028625
Move out. You'll never go back. The freedom will do wonders for your personality and confidence.

Use your student loans to get a place with at least one other roommate (preferably a friend but anyone doesnt matter)

Paying about 550 for all utilities included in a big house with 2 friends.

Dont pay more than that especially if the utilities are not included. Roommates can be found on kijiji. Should start looking around now but you'll have until end of May.

Just don't move out if you have to seriously work while going to school. Get your student loan or parents to pay. Working and studying will make you miserable.

On your student loan, write that you'll be living far away from parents and how much rent you'll be paying. They usually give you a bit for it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-18-00.png (288KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-18-00.png
288KB, 540x960px
>>18028818
I'm a little worried about lying on my loans. How realistic is it that the gov't will find out and put me in shit? I'm not too worried about incurring a lot of loans since I plan to use the province's Graduate Retention to forgive about 20k.

I have friends that are a couple who will likely get their own place soon, my best plan is to crash with them.

Working while studying isn't so bad while living at home, generally I do around 20 hrs/week. Will I need more?
>>
>>18028842
Don't lie stupid. Change your status from 'living at home' to 'living on my own'. They pay for transportation to school at least
>>
>>18028860
I'll still be moving like, 10 mins away. Won't they just tell me to fuck off and live with them?
>>
>>18028625
Will?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-24-09-04-57.png (236KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-24-09-04-57.png
236KB, 540x960px
>>18028907
Nope. I dont think my situation is unique senpai. Three of my buddies and my girlfrend are in the same situation
>>
Can't help with the legal stuff but I'd recommend moving out. If anything, it'll make your relationship with your parents/siblings way better. You won't be there for the fights and you will have somewhere to go to if shit goes down and you don't want to be there for it. Will avoid all the little boring fights
>>
>>18028917
I want to my man but money is my main concern. Pretty much I can guarantee an income of $750/month from my jobs, $1000 if it's near Christmas and they need more hours.
>>
Bumping for more stories
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.