[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to gain a youtube following?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (142KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
142KB, 1000x1000px
I want to start uploading more videos on my channel, the only thing is that I keep getting discouraged because I never get more than 100 views on any of them. I've gone through this on several channels through out the years each with different types of content. I started a channel a few months ago, gonna be mostly miscellaneous non sense and the such, and I only have 2 videos up, both with less than 60 views. Many of those views are my own checking in on the videos, and some of my friends and others who I've told the videos about. Please give me some tips on how I can achieve maybe 5000 subscribers before 2017 is over, and maybe at least a 1000 views per video. Thanks. Oh and don't tell me to share them on social media, I have very few followers on twitter (around 100, many of which are spam). Thanks.
>>
I guess the main thing is to just keep doing it and try to learn from your mistakes.

Try to get better at editing, filming, writing ect.

Try to make something you would want to watch.

It's very rare for anyone to blow up on Youtube over night. It might take a couple of years or maybe even more than that but who knows, everyone is on a different path.

Also i know you said not to bring it up but do share your vids on social media anyway and maybe put in popular #'s with it or try posting your stuff on /b/ or Reddit.
>>
>>18028425
Right. I agree with all of what you said. Only thing I fear is getting flagged for spam. I feel like going to /b/ might be throwing myself to the wolves. And other places will just see it as begging and find it annoying. Then again any exposure is good exposure when you're tying to gain,,,, well exposure.
>>
Kill yourself, then maybe your parents will actually claim you
>>
File: 1482816582351.gif (347KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1482816582351.gif
347KB, 500x373px
>>18028465
Thank you for taking the time out of your life to acknowledge and respond to my thread, it's actually a splendid feeling you give me. However my parents raised me already, so that is not necessary and have several photos of me in their home. I believe they have "claimed" me as you've mentioned (if i'm using that word correctly. Anyways thank you and have a terrific rest of your day.
>>
>>18028437
you don't have to spam or force yourself just post a link to your vids in a thread where it seems appropriate. Also i think people on Reddit will be a little bit nicer so maybe try there too. I wouldn't try to share too much on Facebook because FB has it's own video service and considers YT a competitor, so on purpose it drowns out YT links so lets say if you have 10 followers on FB maybe only 3 or 5 of them will see your YT post.

Also you should ask yourself "who is my demographic?" "who would watch my videos?". If you have an answer maybe you will have a better idea of where to share your videos.

Youtube doesn't really seem like it but it's a job that should be treated seriously if you want to "make it".
>>
>>18028416

It is actually pretty complicated. You are far better off doing some actual research, as there are people who have done extensive reports on this sort of shit.

In short though, a lot of it comes down to choosing your content carefully and then promoting it intelligently.

If you have started the world's 12,546,845th gaming let's play channel, then you will get exactly nowhere. But create a channel with a unique format that delivers something that intrigues, excites or showcases something people want to see, and then the only thing you need to do is get in front of peoples' eyes for the first time.

Think about it, a bunch of the highest viewed channels are top 10 dogshit. Because clickbait shit works, because people are dumb and can't help wanting to know what the 10 coolest dinosaurs are.

So choose your niche. Sit down and think about what YOU wish you could find on Youtube and have delivered to YOU in what format.

From there, you need to get it in front of people. This comes down to promotion, intelligent classification (basically Youtube SEO) and the biggest one: Band wagoning.

If you run a channel on carpentry and there is a forest fire that people are searching non stop, you need to drop everything and upload a video titled "CALIFORNIA FOREST FIRES - WHERE WILL WE GET OUR WOOD??!??!?"

All the fuckwits searching for info on the forest fire will find your shitty 3 minute video talking about how the forest fire will mean it is going to be hard for carpenters like you to get this particular type of wood. You then mention a bunch of other cool projects you did using that wood, and link to your other videos and tell people to subscribe. Tadaaaa.

Social media is pretty important too.
>>
>>18028536
Pretty much this
>>
>>18028536
Thanks for the post man, I'm going to save this! Even though it's pretty generic stuff I've heard elsewhere, you lay in out nicely in your text. Thanks a hundred!
>>
>>18028565

Welcome mate.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.