[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone up to speed on Tinder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

So I got out of a long-term relationship back in October, and I've been trying to get back into the Tinder game, but having absolutely no luck in terms of even getting any matches..

Knowing full well how badly coded the app used to be back then, I took some steps to make sure I got the best odds possible when starting fresh:
- new phone
- new e-mail address
- new Facebook account
- new Google account
- new phone number used for the verification code
- new IP address
- new SSID
- new set of profile photos (good ones)
- new bio which loosely specifies what I'm looking for with a little bit of humor thrown in

I'm a 24 year old, /fit/, white guy with clean skin, blue eyes and a strong jawline, definitely following rules 1 & 2.
My discovery settings are females ages 18-22, within a radius of 50 kilometers (small country, so this covers quite a few major cities).
After just under a week of spending all my 100 likes per 12 hours + superlikes on girls I perceive to be within my league, I have run out of new cards in the stack and don't have A SINGLE match - when I last used Tinder a few years ago, I averaged a handful of matches per week, but now I'm getting nothing.
Using version 4.3.5 of the app, because the more recent ones are so crippled by bugs on Android they're literally unusable, and not a paying user.

I'm having a really hard time believing that out of the 500+ profiles I've liked, not a single one liked me back, especially given how "many" matches I used to get. Is my profile just now being shown to anyone, despite the new account noob boost?
>>
>>18028285
Tinder is a piece of shit, download Badoo or okCupid. I had better luck on the latter.
>>
>>18028317
I know, and I would, but okCupid at least has never even heard of my country, so can't use that.

Tinder is what's hip and widely used here, and it's worked well for me in the past, but it really is getting worse and worse with every update for well over a year now it seems.
You used to be able to get around that by just using an older version of the app, but now everything suggests that the ham-fisted developers fucked up the backend as well, and there's not much you can do about that.
>>
pic of you? i think ur ugly
>>
>>18028342
Did you even read the post?
I used to get plenty of matches but now I don't.

I'm not insecure about my looks, I'm trying to understand how over 500 right swipes on a brand new account can yield not a single match. Not even a bot. Nothing.
>>
might be a problem with the version , newer versions have new features like boost and whatnot so they might not be compatible with old. just a guess.

t. software engineer
>>
>>18028317

How do you have success with Okcupid when you have to pay for it?
>>
>>18028569
That's a good point, although it seems other users are having no problems getting at least SOME matches using versions from before the UI "overhaul", so I really don't know.
>>
Tinder is shit. Get to know someone without such a forced and awkward social media tool, even if you find them through some other means online, its better than a dating app.
>>
Tinder sucks, but in my small town it's the only thing young people use. OKC is full of 40+ in my area.
But, my experience swiping
>Fat
>Fat
>Black
>Facial piercings
>Fat
>Fat
>Black
>Black
>Facial tattoo
>Fat
>Fat
>Facial tattoo and piercing
>Single parent
Etc. It's generally a long cycle of this with the rare goodie sprinkled in that usually will not contact me anyway.
>>
File: IMG_1768.jpg (140KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1768.jpg
140KB, 750x1334px
I'm in the same situation too. I've lost all of my game. I barely get any responses. Pic related
>>
>>18028947

it's fine. better than going to random places and approaching random women, or just praying someone will fall in your lap.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.