[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1967.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1967.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I've felt nothing for the past three to four days. I'm struggling with major depression and have been on meds for over a month and a half. I see a counselor once a week. I came to the conclusion yesterday evening that I'm no different than how I was before the short stay at the psychiatric hospital- with the exception that I can't feel. I'm going through the motions and have desire or drive to do things other than that I'm supposed to. What kind of living is this? When will this feeling nothing go away? I miss being me before people knew about my suicidal attempt. At least then I could feel, even if it was deep sorrow.
>>
I feel you m8, it's a long path to recovery but you must take actions.
Try to read a book !
Perfect for this situation: Frankl 's best seller psychology book. Use self therapy by reading books on psychology, sociology, habits, marketing, I found this to be usefull to flee this horrible life of mine. Also always remember we are suffering for a reason.
Good luck OP
>>
After living with depression now for 20 years I have to say I don't think there is one single thing that will make you instantly "get better." it's lots of little things over time. It's getting up each day and looking for answers, refusing to give up. It's years of therapy, drugs, nutrition and lifestyle changes. Yes, there are relapses and times you are going to feel worse than before, but you have to keep moving forward. When you come to a roadblock, ask yourself "now what?" and find a way to move beyond it. If you keep asking the right questions and doing you absolute best to heal, you will make slow improvements.
>>
Only thing that's ever helped me is getting committed to exercising at a gym. It gives me a minor confidence boost, adds to my self identity, and the extreme effects of rigorous excercise give me a couple hours of relief
>>
File: 1486099208308.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1486099208308.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>18027805
I like this guys response. Their is no one solution but a bunch of good habits and way of thinking that add up to make you happier.
>>18027828
Exercising is one of the best ways to fight off depression. Sign up to a gym or go running but do something to move you body.
>>
>>18027758
Thank you, I'll check it out. I've been reading a bunch of neuroscience books. Maybe I need to switch it up a bit.

>>18027805
Thank you. Really. I was frustrated with my counsellor yesterday because she admitted to me she didn't know what to say to me. I'm glad to know that there's another who's struggled with depression for 20 years and understands. I sometimes really miss being in the psych hospital. At least there, I could be myself without fear of judgement and I was around people like me who understand what I'm talking about most of the time. I asked my counsellor yesterday what was "normal" self supposed to be like. I said that I was told how I felt before being admitted into the psych hospital that feeling deep sorrow and deep happy sometimes isn't "normal" or "healthy." So I was out on meds and for awhile I felt "happy" but not the kind I was used to. And now I feel nothing. I asked her if feeling normal was having my feelings blunted, I didn't want to be this way. She looked like she was going to cry when I said that.

>>18027828
And thank you as well. I do need to get moving more. I haven't integrated an exercise routine into my schedule yet. That might help as well.
>>18027950
I agree. These are good ideas.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.