[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being underweight inherently harmful to you? I'm otherwise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1622.jpg (91KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1622.jpg
91KB, 564x846px
Is being underweight inherently harmful to you?

I'm otherwise pretty normal but my BMI keeps lolling between 18 and 19 and my whole family acts like it'll take me to an early grave.
>>
>>18027469

A BMI of <18.5 is considered underweight. I don't think 18-19 is particularly unhealthy, but it wouldn't hurt if you gained a few pounds.
>>
Your family just wants you THICK.
>>
>>18027485
I'm the only woman in the family who isn't obese.
>>
If you eat when you're hungry, feel healthy, and your doctor says you're alright, you're fine.
>>
It really depends on who you are. BMI ain't everything.
>>
>>18027472
This. You're close to the borderline, so It's not a huge issue, but you can still get a bit more into the healthy category
>>
I find that eating healthy keeps you healthy. Crazy huh? Which should put you i the middle of the "normal weight" numbers for BMI. I almost never get sick, maybe once a year, and when I do I get well extremely fast. Like a day or two. I will feel like shit for that one or two days but it passes really quick.

I will say BMI isn't really a good gauge though. I'm currently at 22.2 but I'm bulking now and I'll eventually get up to ~24 for my BMI. Which would put me at almost overweight. Except I only have 13% body fat, which I'll maintain even when I hit ~24 BMI. So I'm incredibly far from being overweight. You should use other metrics besides just BMI to determine if you're too skinny.
>>
>>18027487
A pity, you should follow their example. Big is beautiful after all.
>>
>>18027491
Haven't seen a doctor for years, seeing one next month though.

How does "healthy" feel?
>>
>>18027522
Energetic, easy to move, minimal nausea or headaches, healthy hair/skin/nails/teeth that aren't breaking, good endurance considering your exercise level (aka not easily winded), and being mentally alert.
>>
>>18027582
this has a lot to do with more other things than your BMI, though

diet, sleep, exercise, stress, etc

>>18027487
fat people are disgusting, they try to bring everyone else down to their level. just ignore them
>>
BMI doesn't mean anything
>>
>>18027469
You lack muscle mass, start lifting asap
>>
Apparently you're better off being slightly overweight than being underweight, health-wise
>>
>>18027469
I've spent my entire life <18.5 bmi

I'm fine and everything is okay.
>>
Yes. If you're underweight you're not getting enough nutrients, period. Even if you fluctuate between normal and underweight, all that means is that half the time your not getting enough and the other half you're probably still not getting enough because your body's trying to make up for the times when it's definitely not getting enough. Your body can't do the things it needs to do because it doesn't have the fuel or parts to do so. You're putting stress on your heart and circulatory system. You're very likely to lose you hair as you get older. You're digestive system doesn't know what the fuck is going on, and is likely to turn on itself(auto-immune or diabetes) or just stop working very well(constant constipation and manual enemas just to shit). There's a whole host of other things being underweight does, but I'll just end with this- if you take the extremes of both ends of the spectrum, a person who is morbidly obese and a person who is anorexic, the morbidly obese person has shaved off on average 5-8 years off their life, while the anorexic has shared off 20-25. This isn't to imply that you are at the same severity of being chronically underweight as an anorexic, but if you think being underweight is okay you're dead fucking wrong.
>>
>>18028169
You can still be under 18.5 and eat 2000 calories a day.

I'm not deficient in any vitamin.
>>
>>18028213

Uhhh not if you're absorbing your food properly. If you eat 2000 calories- the normal or "heathly" amount of calories for a woman- you should be in a normal or healthy weight range- 19-25.

Vitamins aren't the only things your body needs.
>>
>>18028169
>t. fatty
>>
>>18028253

>Reality is a fatty

You're as delusional as a HAESer
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.