[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eHarmony Dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: 1392667836470.jpg (12KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1392667836470.jpg
12KB, 500x333px
I made a thread about my desire to set an account on a dating site a while back and someone suggested i try out eHarmony if i was serious about it.

Never used a dating site before or dated anyone in general, but had the guts to finally make one and upload a picture of me. I know you need membership to see other people's faces and message them but kind of contemplating the fees to use the services.

So far i haven't got that many girls close to where i live and when they are they're often far apart in age with me.

I am currently 19 years old and the matching system in my opinion does a good job at helping me meet gals but can't really get in the spirit to throw those 67 dollars down to use it for a month.

I would like to hear some experiences you people may have had with eHarmony or maybe some other dating sites and what i should look out for but most importantly if it is worth paying for or not.

You guys haven't let me down yet and i'm not gonna fish for attention by saying i have depression or that im worthless or some other stupid cringy shit because all in all i know who i am and i know what i'm looking for.

I know there are many fish in the sea but something tells me i want to stick to eHarmony since it seems to narrow down the kind of lady i want to get to know.

One disturbing thing i find is how little some girls write down for their profile. I personally have at least more than half the words on mine than them and i know it sounds like i purposely filled it out but i honestly just put down some of my interests, who i was looking for and who i am. That too much? most girls i see only have the bare minimum... why is that?
>>
I should have tried to be a bit more clear now that i think about it.

to sum it all up i just want to hear some stories about people on here who have experienced eHarmony.

I live in toronto working as a security guard so i got a job and am somewhat stable enough to talk with girls.

I may not be the fucking charisma incarnate but i know even fatasses like my friends can get a gal so there's no reason someone like me can't.
>>
>>18027362

I signed up for eHarmony once when I was about 24/25, and to be honest, it was fucking awful. Here's the biggest problem (which they may or may not have changed): Those free communication weekends? They don't suddenly delete the users when the weekend ends. It pumps up their "enrolled users" number, and the next thing you know, you've dropped a pretty steep membership fee to talk to some specific girls that aren't actually subscribers. They don't say when the person last logged in, and you have no idea of knowing if they're a member or not.

I only found ONE (1) girl attractive enough to talk to that was still a member in my time, and she wasn't all that interesting, or located nearby.

It was a huge waste of money, and when I failed to renew, they started sending actual physical mail to my home to encourage me to renew, which made my mom think my dad was cheating on her. (I was renting a place, but still using my parents' address for my credit card.)

All in all, I think it was a huge fucking disaster.
>>
File: 1390678952036.png (438KB, 670x575px) Image search: [Google]
1390678952036.png
438KB, 670x575px
I really don't want to quit this whole dating site bullshit yet but after reading that i can't help but feel like that's what's waiting for me...
>>
>>18027568
never used it but Ive had good enough luck on free sites and apps to not need to pay for it

tinder is love.

okcupid works too.
>>
File: 1392250497862.gif (950KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1392250497862.gif
950KB, 400x225px
Anybody got any alternatives? i know maybe going out to bars and shit is an option but at the same time i just want a way to see someone.

I know i'm still young haven't gone to college yet and in a few months will but i don't like the idea of waiting even if it's just to meet someone ill likely stop talking to in a few weeks at least ill have that experience and resistance to failure specific to that field... Is that fucked up? I can whole heartedly say i'm serious when i want to meet a girl i can develop a relationship with but don't expect it to go anywhere and it isnt like i got a specific girl on my mind either i just want to do this now...

I used to think women were cheap and shit only after rich and handsome guys leaving the others out because they don't measure up and those kind of thoughts have long left me since puberty when i now find myself looking for one i can enjoy life with.

I've been here for a while in all honesty and whenever i see a chick expressing superficial attention whoring tactics everyone fucking joins in and tries to help her but when it is a guy with the same issues it takes hours before anyone replies.

I got some honesty at the very least but something tells me there's not much hope. Yet i don't want to give up yet.

I want to believe there's something out there that will help me find someone but tinder sounds horrible and now eHarmony sounds like a waste of money.

OkCupid? what's the alternative?
>>
File: 1391739369160.jpg (265KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1391739369160.jpg
265KB, 960x960px
>>18027575

It seems we had the same idea of what comes next. I will try tinder and OkCupid at the same time and see how it goes from there, and thanks for the suggestion I just kinda jumped the gun.

Can't say I'm all that thrilled about moving forward at the moment, though.
>>
File: 1867.jpg (72KB, 650x466px) Image search: [Google]
1867.jpg
72KB, 650x466px
>>18027362
I used eharmony and paid the ripoff $200 a year fee. I will tell you that I know for a fact they use recycled pictures on there to boost their population.

My friend's now wife was on there when she was supposed to be married. It was a 3 year old picture and profile that was still on there. I asked her about it. She even looks older now. With that being said. It is a horrible site in other ways and not just because it's a ripoff.

I'm a decent looking guy, with a personality and success in other dating arenas. Basically, In the year I was on there I had about 20 women contact me first. I contacted about 100 women in that time. About 1/4 replied back.
Out of that 25 I got 5 phone numbers. Talked to all five. 4 out of 5 were odd people, not just by my standard. The only one that was decent was unfortunately mentally handicap and didn't drive. A grand total of 0 dates.
Not for the lack of me trying or not being likable.

There refund policy is horrible and so is there customer service. They will always charge your credit card if you don't cancel in time. Also, they nickel and dime you for stupid features. i.e., hidden viewing (incognito mode).
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.