[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Therapy & Relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1481332096826.jpg (85KB, 682x858px) Image search: [Google]
1481332096826.jpg
85KB, 682x858px
A few months ago, I began seeing a therapist due to having crying spells, thoughts of suicide, decreased appetite, etc.

A few months later I was diagnosed with Insomnia, Depression, and Anxiety. But, I refuse to take medicine out of fear that I don't actually have these and that these therapist only want to put me on these drugs to keep me coming back.

So, my first question is, is this a reasonable way of thinking?

My second dilemma is that after a few months, I told my girlfriend that I've been seeing a therapist for quite some times and that I had been diagnosed with these illnesses, I told her that I don't trust them and that I'm afraid of the above.

She's a little emotional (Think tumblr depression type) and wouldn't see a therapist for the life of her, but claims to have depression. But, she then became angry once I told her this. She proceeded to explain in an angry tone that I just ruined any chances of her seeing a therapist. I didn't mean to make her distrust therapy, I just thought it may be helpful to come to her with some of these fears thinking she'd be understanding. Ever since then she's been angry at me. I feel like she's definitely overreacting. Is she crazy or am I, and what do I do about both of these situations?
>>
>>18027316
>is this a reasonable way of thinking?
No. This is not reasonable at all. For starters, if these drugs work, and you beat it, why would you go back?
>>
>>18027316
>She proceeded to explain in an angry tone that I just ruined any chances of her seeing a therapist
She sounds incredibly selfish.
>>
>>18027321
I don't like the idea of having to depend on a medication to be happy.

I'd much rather work out, fix sleep schedule, etc.

Do therapists do anything like this to anyone? Maybe I'm just extremely paranoid.
>>
File: 1485280685489.png (244KB, 556x344px) Image search: [Google]
1485280685489.png
244KB, 556x344px
>>18027322
She is sometimes, and I believe it may be due to the fact that I spoil her.

What do I do?
>>
>>18027330
>I don't like the idea of having to depend on a medication to be happy.
As someone who went through a year of antidepressants, it's not like that at all. They don't just "make you happy" they way they used to. Most drugs now days raise the baseline feeling from shitty to neutral.
In my experience, they actually let me be my old self, and allowed me to fix the other issues, but that's just me.
>>
>>18027352
I'm scared and I think I've reached rock bottom. I want to be strong and fix it with hard work and self-improvement but I have all these people telling me that I need to take meds.
>>
>>18027398
Dude, doing it just by power of will alone is incredibly difficult. That being said, meds don't fix it by themselves.

You still need to put in hard work to fight it off and improve, the meds just make it easier to do that
>>
If they work, your dick ceases to function.

If they don't work, you get put on trial after trial after combination after combination of multiple different drug classes as your psych uses you as an effective human hamster to "figure out" your neurochemistry. I know people on a dozen substances at once, all from their psych. Mood stabilizers, antipsychotics, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclics. They will force you to try EVERYTHING or you won't be given the time of day in their office anymore.

And when all of that fails, they won't even pick up your phone calls anymore.

Your life, OP.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.