[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't stop debating with people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (13KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 189x267px
When you get really passionate about a topic, are you really able to just stop? Don't you find it extremely difficult? Do you just exercise self restraint?

I have been told that I'm a nice person, but that I always debate about things and that I don't let topics stop. I haven't really taken this criticism of me seriously. Maybe I should. I just don't get how people can stop talking about something so easily. I often feel like when having a conversation, that I am just one sentence away from having a breakthrough in the discussion. I seriously find it hard to stop debating, it is also the thing that I am known for, it really is an integral part of who I am. Yet I guess I need to learn to restrain myself and keep the debating for when there is mutual enjoyment otherwise I am just being a dick. But I often find that when I get interested in a topic it is just spinning around in my head for hours or even days, sometimes I just can't stop thinking about one topic for a crazy long time.

I just don't get how its so easy for some people to stop talking about something. I guess its something I need to learn.

Also some people just say retarded shit and it's hard to restrain myself.
>>
Why do no dumb cu nts reply does nobody fucking relate fuck everyone
>>
Wtf am I really the only person who has this problem? Haven't we got enough generic relationshit threads, or the threads moaning about being a virgin. Fuuuuck.
>>
entps are annoying desu
>>
>>18027288
Probably just your personality mate, you might not be able to do much about it without actively trying.

I'm estp so I'm very reactive and will debate anything I disagree on, similar to you, but our focus is always on the immediate surroundings and so I forget very quickly what I was debating as it's no longer present. "Out of sight, out of mind"
>>
there's no point to arguing/debating. you'll never concert another person to your point of view. the only purpose is to stroke your own ego. once you realize that it becomes sort of pointless, in my opinion at least.
>>
>>18027288
I'm INTP, so I have the passions alright, but none of this desire to be with people all the time and discuss it. My advice would be to find someone you're really close with and who gets similarly passionate and just talk to them. Save everyone else the issue.
>>
I used to, but then the reality that nobody likes the guy who demonstrates any interest in anything that isn't video games, drugs, kink, or mindless fucking sunk in.

Now I just keep it all to myself and pray for a quick death
>>
>>18027288
>>18027387
This guy has it right, OP. Most people are extremely close-minded/will jump off a cliff before admitting they are in the wrong. Besides, most of the people I know who do this have no interest in learning from the other person, or finding and sharing a truth. All they seek is to seem and feel smarter than others, which only makes them very unlikeable. You might not be this kind of person, but you'll come across as such.

Just live and let live, listen to others even if you think they're full of shit, why bother giving a fuck if someone has different beliefs?
>>
>>18027288
mbti is bullshit so I'd really try to avoid any kind of argument with you. I'm sure you're a great person, though. there are probably a few things I believe right now that is total bullshit.
>>
>>18027288

INFP

I feel like a piece of shit all the time and my personality type is probably confirmation that it's true.
>>
>>18027740
no ur just mentally fucked and believing in mbti is a confirmation of that

ur valuable.
>>
>>18027288
I know this feel OP

I'm constantly arguing with everyone, there are so many people that are wrong about so many things
I suspect there is some correlation/overlap with aspergers/autism

it's very hard to brush off, and it's much harder to manage when people around me have cognitive dissonance

I find irrational people almost physically painful to be around, and it causes me a great deal of trouble with authority figures.
I struggle to follow a team when I think they are doing things the wrong way; even when breaking from the group is clearly the greater evil
nobody is ever right "because they say so" or "because they know"; no exeptions
you might have a PHD in astrophisics, but if you can't explain/justify your beliefs I'm just not going to believe you
many people find this shockingly arrogant because of the way they falsely correlate learning, authority, and prestige
>>
>having opinions
wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>18027288
>I often feel like when having a conversation, that I am just one sentence away from having a breakthrough in the discussion.
So, what kind of breakthrough are we thinking of here? One where you prove to the other person that you were right all along, or one where you actually reach some sort of truth and understanding about what you were debating? Many people will tire of talking to a person if it feels like they might be proven wrong about some held belief, or if the other person just comes across as someone who feels they must always be right about things. And the latter impression can happen even if you aren't such a self-centered person.
>>
>>18027288
anon most people have lives outside their topic of interests and most often then not they want someone to be on the same page as them not someone who's constantly looking for a debate. maybe you just need to calm down and realize that people only want to talk about something for so long, like they give out signals too if they want to stop the conversation. It's great that you're passionate and there's nothing wrong with that, but just be mindful of other people's intentions as well.
>>
File: 1485808693977.png (312KB, 460x352px) Image search: [Google]
1485808693977.png
312KB, 460x352px
>>18027288
>tfw entp who already knows the end move of everyone's arguements and feels no need to do so anymore
>tfw have ascended to having no political affinities at all

I just make fun of people now on all sides of everything.
>>
>>18027288
Write a blog, make videos on Youtube or find one person who enjoys chatting it up as much as you do and get drunk with them once a month and just debate shit with them.

What you are describing is felt by a lot of people, and it is typically called being opinionated. Most people realise though that being opinionated is not the same as forcing your opinion into conversation constantly. Typically people don't want to talk about serious issues when they are just shooting the shit at a BBQ. This is why there is the common saying that you don't talk religion or politics at social gatherings, because they are just not worth the headache.

So yeah, find an outlet, or a couple of people who like talking about more hard hitting shit than the weather, because constantly pushing your ideas in casual setting does make you a bit dickish, yes.
>>
>>18028002
you sound like a child who can't make a decision like a man can. nihilists are so gross.
>>
>>18028002
>heh you think I would risk having a coherent belief system about something
>hahaha bro I'm a nihilist
>>
>>18028111
>>18028089
thats what i said. nihilists are literally nothing, they dont contribute to the good or bad of the world. no different than being dead.
>>
>>18027350
>intp
>hippies
No
>>
>>18028002
>thinking other people have to defend their opinions

this is where you are mistaken
>>
A successful entp will realise when to start and stop a convo. Your extraverted intuition should be improved to notice when to stop. Find a group of intps/entps that you can talk about stuff with. For example, I'm an aspie enfp but for some reason I used to idealise myself as an entp. It meant I argued for ages even though my intuition wasn't great. Always fell flat to my entp mate. He's got a group of intps for actual arguement but you should be able to realise not everyone thinks the way you do. With ENFPs we need time to reflect and when arguing you should try and keep personal attacks out of it as we get our egos in the way and won't think straight till we leave the argument. I hate it but that's how it is, which is why I've tried to avoid getting too deep into arguments lately as I'll usually end up arguing for something that I don't agree with simply because I'm letting my ego and insecurities in the way. Not saying a type is dumber than another but some types excel at certain tasks.

I mean if you really know mbti you should know this. The entire point of mbti is different people process things in different ways. Make sure you're not in one of the unhealthy loops for.entps
>>
>>18028111
>>18028089
I'm not a nihilist. I just am not fool enough to think there is an objectively correct political system and that I happen to be the genius with the answer like most idiots do. The blind arrogance of it is the funniest part of it. Right, so your engineering degree makes you an expert in philosophy. And your philosophy degree makes you an expert in economics.

Everyone is furverntly speaking from their asses. And I don't feel the need to be a part of that without a massive disclaimer.
>>
>>18027288
If people get emotional when presented with logical arguments that's their problem and probably a good indicator to you that they're not worth your time. You don't have to please everyone, you just have to figure out who pleases you.
>>
>>18028287
Most people aren't mentally capible of defending their opinions because they don't define their abstractions well. I could write an essay on anything that I like. Most people find this to be a struggle.
>>
>>18028985
Do you like stand-up comedy?
>>
>>18029027
Yeah, I've done it before
>>
>>18027340
Do you love talking about how trump is hitler, the second coming
>>
File: Us irl.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Us irl.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>18027288
You say debating but I think the word you're looking for is overbearing.

Also, threadly reminder that INTJ male and INFP female is comfy af.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.