[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are norms like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1477331936682-2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477331936682-2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
What are normees like, are they all the same?
I'm talking to a girl over facebook, going to see her tomorrow, but she's pretty much a normie. And I don't know she'll think I am a weirdo.
I don't get along with normies much, and lately I've been a shut-in. My question is, do normies get along with all sorts of different people? or are they all somewhat homogeneous? I mean, I know everybody is different but to my eyes norms seem to try to adhere to some template, you know what I mean?
I am skinny, quiet, I don't like getting wasted, I like cinema and anime, I am fascinated by complex systems, I loosely follow a thaoist-chan bhuddist philosophy.
For what I know norms are extroverted, have some skin on their bones, lots of tatoos (I got one, and it's a shell script), love to get wasted (this girl in particular has mentioned it twice and I was like "meh"), do a lot of recreational drugs, don't have any interest in academic subjects at all, watch tv and sports, love to wear brand clothes (with the brand name standing out for all to see), and all pretty much seem to express themselves with rather standard expresions (dudebro talk I guess?), and they don't have any interest for philosophy whatsoever.

Am I getting it all wrong? Is it okay if I'm ... you know, myself, or will I be much too different from her set of friends (and anyone's for that matter) that I'll just come out as some weirdo?

In the end I don't intend to become a norm, I'm really just wondering if norms are really all homogeneous or if they are actually used to people being all kinds of different.
>>
Normie is a meme. There's socially maladjusted/weird people that are extroverted, too. There's tons of types of people out there. You just need to expose yourself to them.
>>
>>18026325
said it better than I could
>>
>>18026312
Most people are boring and like all the same shit as one another. They live their lives unexamined.
>>
>>18026312

You're doing nothing but harming yourself by assuming "normies" are like a different species than you.

"Normies" aren't adhering to a template as much as they're doing simple, enjoyable shit, and not approaching every step of their life with existential angst, which it sounds like you're doing. Normal people come in all shapes and sizes, and shocker, like a multitude of different things. I like sports and wear brand-name clothing, but I also hugely love comic books and will happily talk about philosophy or other weightier subjects with people who share a common interest, or want to be exposed.

Be yourself, but don't be so rigid that you think your way of life is the only way to live it.

There's definitely some shitty people out there, but you're already talking to this girl, there is some kind of mutual interest. Just treat each other with respect and openness.
>>
Ilya kushinov?

Like other anon said, normie is a meme. Just do what you want and if others can't handle it, fuck em. Just don't be a sperg and be chill.
>>
You're acting like she's part of some big group or something. Quit acting like such a sperg and get over yourself already.
>>
For the most part, yes. There have been societal roles for both guys and girls, therefore creating "normies". A lot of these people try to set those roles as rules and do to make subtle attacks at those who don't conform with them. What makes it all confusing is history; what was once fine for all no longer is.
Generally your average normie will adjust and rewire themselves to the likes and opinions of the people around them in an attempt to keep them around. We see through time that even though conformity can be given a negative light, it is the only way for trust to be established. Media has made it so that people no longer trust the people they've spent their lives and shared deep secrets with; everyone could be some potential danger that you have to keep from bursting at all points.
>>
>>18026350
Thanks
I am very well aware that everybody is different and people are wildly varied, I know it first hand of course, I'm not asocial.
But I was thinking like, sometimes they all seem to try to "act the social play" or something, and that they all try to be teh same so others will accept them. This I've seen in dressing code (like how all women now use ugly ass brown boots and jeans, and frat boys all use pink polos+beige shorts+sockless moccasins), and don't people get laughed at for playing D&D or Yu-Gi-Oh? Doesn't this mean there is a sort of "template" of what is socially acceptable, where some things are marked as for "nerds" or "losers"?
Again, I'm not really worried, I like myself. I'm just wondering.
>>
>>18026384

Yeah, there's gonna be some shit that's looked down upon, but that's generally when you have an obsession with something.

There's a general social template, but keep in mind that it's regional as hell, too. Like, where I'm from, pink polos, shorts, and sockless boat shoes will get you laughed at universally. That's more of an East Coast thing.

There's plenty of people who do shit solely for the purpose of fitting in, but as a kid who was an outcast early on, sometimes, I'll just honestly say, going with the crowd to some degree is a whole hell of a lot easier than ostracizing yourself.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.