[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with normie "humor"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1483222244602.png (90KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483222244602.png
90KB, 1200x800px
>be chatting up girl in Bio class
>eventually I steer the conversation to movies
>she brings up how she finally finished the Harry Potter trilogy
>she then proceeds to show me one of those "How It Should Have Ended " videos
>I fake a smile throughout the whole thing but feel like groaning on the inside
>can't force a chuckle not even once
>don't know if she bought it or not
Most of the people I meet I don't find particularly funny or interesting, but I'm trying to interact with them so I can become a more interesting person, improve my social skills, and hopefully find a gf someday. Should I just straight up tell these people that I don't like their sense of humor? And if I have to continue to pretend, what are some tips on feigning interest?
>>
>>18026228
No one ever finds videos that they're forced to watch funny
>>
>>18026228

She sounds like a bore, honestly. Did you indicate you were interested in Harry Potter whatsoever? If no, then she's just socially maladapted.
>>
>>18026228
Don't laugh at anything you don't find funny. Don't tell people outright that their humor sucks either. Humor is subjective, after all. Just carry on with the conversation as usual
>>
>>18026228
You can send them some spicy 4chin memes to improve her sense of humour and have a good idea about what makes you laugh
>>
>>18026235
She's not that bad compared to most girls, and she definitely isn't gf material(has a bf). I'm just trying to make friends, but it's hard finding people I find appealing, and when I do find someone I don't want to piss them off or embarrass them by cringing at their humor.
>>18026236
Would you just sit through the whole 5 minute video and then say you didn't like it? How would you play off that situation without laughing or insulting the person?
>>
>>18026248

Read How to Win Friends and Influence People. That's a good start.
>>
>>18026248
Usually, a simple "meh" suffices when I get asked if I liked whatever I was shown. Neither insulting, nor dishonest
>>
>>18026247
I don't want people thinking I browse 4chan.
>>18026254
I don't want to seem lazy or ungrateful but I'm already reading like 2 books at the moment and struggling. I might check it out later, but I could really use some on hand advice right now.
>>
>>18026272
Yeah 4chan is a dirty secret
>>
>>18026254
>>18026272
Read the fucking book.
>>
>>18026263
>Meh

Sums up my life.

Anyway, how do you still have any friends?
>>
>>18026228
Iktf op

Most people are stupid and boring and I'm not even that smart. I hang out with smart funny people so the average person is so fucking boring.
>>
>>18026521
Very funny
>>
>>18026485
Self help books are fucking gay bro

He should read actual philosophy, not 48 laws of power tier bullshit
>>
>>18026540
Do you know what the fuck "How to Win Friends and Influence Enemies" even is you fucking cuck?
>>
>>18026548
Yeah, it's a lame self help book for social retards
>>
>>18026228
Kek op, this happened to me so many times. I understand your pain.

I always react the same way as you did, so i can't help you with this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.