[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop relying on others for self esteem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: nut-button.jpg (34KB, 487x365px) Image search: [Google]
nut-button.jpg
34KB, 487x365px
Sup /adv/, I don't know where else to ask about this beyond counsellors and that's a 6 month waiting list

I have a problem where the majority of my self esteem relies on others approving of me/ liking me. This is usually a sexual thing too. I'm infrequently sexting two guys (yes they both know, its fine) and whenever we go too long without talking I realise that I just feel so hollow and bored. I used to go on omegle just to see if people would compliment me but I thankfully broke the habit.

How can I be 'myself' and learn to value myself out of a sexual setting, without the need to rely on others?
>>
>>18026161

everyone needs some sort of external validation, the problem is you aren't incorporating it into your confidence.

you arent relying on others for self esteem, you are relying on them to feel good. there is a difference. if you relied on them for self esteem than the frequent sexting would have built up yourself esteem and you wouldnt feel bad when they aren't responding.

peopel who rely on others for self esteem get told 'good job' for something they did well. then when soemone else says 'this sucks' they aren't hurt by it because they already know what they did is good thakns to others.
>>
>>18026161
Turn your life into a narrative where you are an edgy loner or a damsel in a noir adventure.
>>
>>18026182
Thanks for your input, I've looked at it that way before so it's a start to improving :)

>>18026392
damsel it is i guess?
>>
>>18026161
Change something. Looks, a hobby, anything. Something that you really want to do, something that would bring some sort of joy of accomplishment and a thought like "Hm, I didn't know I could do that. Cool."
That's how I got out of a similar situation. Not completely, but still.
>>
>>18026161

Guys it's a scientific breakthrough! Studying this here tart has brought us this conclusion: The female homosapien is utterly bereft of use if not supported by constant male interaction and attention.
>>
>>18026491
you're right I definitely need to find a new hobby, im stuck in a rut here

>>18026513
lol im doing my whole gender a disservice
>>
>>18026526
Literally.
>>
>>18026583
Literals, like, for real!!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.