[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best friend changing genders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1470421227508.jpg (20KB, 399x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470421227508.jpg
20KB, 399x300px
So, my best friend of over 10 years dropped the bomb on me. They're deciding to go through Hormone replacement therapy. (male to female)

It was completely unexpected, since his personality didn't leave many hints towards this. I still want to be friends and support him, but I've never known anyone who has gone through with something like this.

Does anyone have any experience with this that could help me, and in turn help my friend? I really do want to help, but I have no clue where to start other than the obvious thing of not treating them like an invalid.
>>
>>18026058
real talk, he's batshit insane and you'll see this in time

for now, say I support you mate and I'll still be your friend, try to keep the relationship normal

inevitably he will start hitting on you or using you as his emotional dumping ground, but that's something you'll have to see yourself to believe
>>
>>18026066
Honestly, I'd prefer any girl that I know to drop this on me. I'm not completely sure how I feel about the situation, but I don't want to ditch my friend over this. It's like I'm losing my best friend and what lies ahead is some sort of crazy unknown jumble of emotions.

Bonus: He's not exactly the most attractive dude and it's a little scary thinking about him being a girl.
>>
>>18026058
Just be there for him and support him. It's probably hard for him too. If you do feel that they hit on you now or something, be clear.

Also don't be an asshole and treat them differently because you don't agree with being trans or whatever.
>>
>>18026058

unfortunately this is a huge change, and you might lose him. just know that if he changes you're nto a bad person for walking away. having someone who's been your male best friend change their personality to fit a new gender changes a lot and its okay to duck out if they're not longer the person you remembered.

that being said its good to wait and see just how much they change. its going to be awkward for sure.

but hell if he maintains his personality you might as well date him
>>
>>18026156
I'm certainly not going to be an asshole about it unless he starts shit about it. I wouldn't want my kids (whenever I have kids) to be trans, but I wouldn't say I'm against it.

>>18026172
Waiting and seeing is all I can do at this point. I think they're going to hide it for a while due to nervousness. I'm both excited and scared to see what their personality becomes. Hopefully it's not such a drastic change that I don't enjoy their company any more.
>>
>>18026503

unfortunately hes either supressing his real personality, going to fake a new personality to feel more womanly, or the hormones are gonna change him quite a bit. the chances of him being himself but in a female look is psosible but pretty slim. good luck bro
>>
>>18026514
Thanks, dude. It'll be a wild ride.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.