[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Double standards in the 21st century

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1347800121913.jpg (402KB, 794x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1347800121913.jpg
402KB, 794x1100px
How come girls wear trousers all the time but get bitchy if their boyfriends/husbands wear a skirt or wear makeup?
>>
>>18025241
>gf wears my shirts and shit
>gets upset because I put on her panties
cunt!
>>
File: Braveheart.jpg (59KB, 636x415px) Image search: [Google]
Braveheart.jpg
59KB, 636x415px
Just lie and say you have Scottish ancestry.
>>
>>18025241
Women fought for the right to wear pants

Men have not fought for the right to wear skirts/makeup, because most think it's disgustingly gay, and in any case has no practical function unlike skirts v pants
>>
File: oden11.jpg (90KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
oden11.jpg
90KB, 750x500px
>>18025251
I'm prepared to fight for this
>>
>>18025251
>Men have not fought for the right to wear skirts/makeup

Where have you been these last few years?
>>
In the end it just comes down to the fact that if one guy tries to out-cute the rest then the other males of the tribe will perceive it as a threat to their mating chances and try to put a stop to it, right? Like how the cutest girl of the class might get bullied by the other girls due to jealousy. Women don't have any innate preferences against it, they're just going along with what the male power centre decides.
>>
>>18025241
Because femininity is looked down upon by society in general.
>>
>>18025306
It's not good to apply blanket statements like that. You should identify the people pulling the strings.
>>
>>18025241
Because women are okay with treading on male territory but are pretty fierce about keeping their female territory to themselves.

>we all want to be ceo and engineers give us affirmative action
>but we don't want males close to our child rearing activities
>>
>>18025241
Because trousers are not men's clothing only. And, in general, women have been using men clothes over the last century.

Make up and skirts are still just for women.
>>
File: 1348670530723.jpg (502KB, 784x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1348670530723.jpg
502KB, 784x1100px
>>18025321
>cannot recognize a circular argument
>>
>>18025313
Modern women and the media in the west look down upon feminine traits like gentleness, modesty, caring, neatness, and nurturing and instead encourage the "empowerment" of women through sexual liberation and the adoption of brash, masculine personality traits.
It was a blanket statement but what I said holds some truth.
>>
>>18025322
It is not a circular argument.

Trousers are women's clothing, other than men's clothing. Women started wearing them in the 20s, they became popular when they had to work in factories during WWII, and fully accepted just in the late 60s.
Skirts aren't men's clothing. If you personally want to wear skirts and make up, do it - I doubt anyone will put you in jail or shoot you if you do.
Don't expect to be liked, tho, just like women who wore trousers in the early 20's weren't exactly liked or supported.
>>
File: 8592120.jpg (101KB, 660x370px) Image search: [Google]
8592120.jpg
101KB, 660x370px
>>18025332
It does seem like the western world is clinging to cavepeople instincts
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.