[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i wanted to know if I should feel upset about something or if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: s-l500.jpg (21KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
21KB, 400x500px
i wanted to know if I should feel upset about something or if i'm being unreasonable.

>me and bf go to thing. we get raffle tickets.
>conditions of raffle state that person has to be there in person to claim ticket and if you're not they move onto pulling another ticket
>I have to go to work before raffle happens
>give bf my ticket so i can still has prize should my ticket get pulled/i know he will still be at place at needed time
>mine ticket gets pulled
>bf says he won/is keeping the price since rules say you have to be there in person to win and he was there and i was not.
>points out i never explicitly stated i wanted to keep the prize should my ticket win

so am i being unreasonable thinking he is wrongfully claiming a win on my ticket/him keeping the thing.
>>
>>18023499
the thing is worth 900ish dollars, which is why I realize I might not be thinking clearly on this matter; which is why I came here before i say anything either way to him.
>>
You aren't being unreasonable, he's being greedy. He knew full well what you meant, and shouldn't have agreed if he wanted this arrangement.
>>
>>18023499
thats incredibly douchey and selfish, you should probably dump him. this incident is indicative of a deep character flaw
>>
>>18023499
What a butthole. Unless you EXPLICITLY STATED "here, take my ticket and if you win you can keep the prize" then it would be assumed that you would keep what you won. Even if my SO gave me their ticket and told me that I would STILL insist that they take the prize
>>
>>18023507
>>18023512
Agreed. What an asshole.
>>
Your boyfriend has the "finders keepers, losers weepers" mentality of a kindergartner. Dump him OP, he is selfish and immature.
>>
>>18023499

Your boyfriend fucking sucks. Move on.
>>
>>18023499
You mean this is a surprise to you this little prick would do something like this? If it is a surprise then let this be a serious warning the kind of boy he is. There shouldn't even be a question if the two of you a team and have each others back. He's in it for him.
>>
>>18023499
i was worried I was being unreasonable but now I shall i'll decide the best path for moving on from here. thank you guys for responding.
>>
>>18023538
What was the prize?
>>
>>18023547
an automatic rifle. I don't need or want the thing; and would have even offered it to him(since I know he likes such objects). its just the stance he took out the gate that upset me. like he decided it was his win, his prize and that's that.
>>
>>18023574
I think you are completely right to feel that way. Like the other anon pointed out it really says a lot both about the kind of person he is and about how much he values you that he'd try to find a loophole to screw you out of something anyone with common sense understands is rightfully yours.
>>
>>18023596
i think i'll show him this thread and calmly try to have a discussion concerning why I'm upset. depending on how he decides to proceed will determine if I stay with him. since like you guys point out if he's willing to toss me side over this he can't really care for me all that much. nor won't have my back in cases where he has something to gain from it.
>>
>>18023631
Seems like a good start. And pay attention to whether he actually realized anything about himself and his reasoning here, or is just doing the whole "okay I see now that you are right here's the gun" because he realized he doesn't want to lose you over it. You don't want to get roped into commitment with a guy who is going to throw you under the bus for his personal benefit.
>>
>>18023648
that's a harder thing to discern in the moment, like if he switches stance only to keep me about or if its due to him realizing he was acting selfishly (assuming he even decides to switch his stance).

All i can do is hear him out and should things continue, pay attention to see if he keeps dong things like this in the future or not. either way i won't be seeing him again until tonight so it's gonna be a while before i find out how tings are going to go.
>>
>>18023674
Maybe you could be very calm about it and just question him on it. Start out by saying it doesn't sit well with you, the way he went about this. When he argues with you tell him it makes you worried about your future together, whether this is exemplary for what you can expect from him as a partner. Really drive home why this worries you and that it's about the attitude and priorities it shows and not whether or not you can live without that damn prize.

Obviously it's easy to say without being involved and having feelings, but if you were a friend of me and did the above and he refused to see your point or just tried to turn it around on you, throw a tantrum, whatever, I'd advise you to leave and not give him time to get his act together just to prevent that.
>>
Steal it and shoot that asshole in the face.
>>
Dump him!
Seriously! In a normal relationship (at least in ours) if you SO wins something we are taking part off as well (like scratch offs) we always share (like not the money but for example if I win I treat her for dinner etc.)
A normal Bf would give you the price and you would be happy to share it with him (which he would know you would do)
So dump him. This is not future proof!
>>
>>18023690
i have a hard time expressing myself when conversing with people face to face, doubly so when as you say emotions are involved.

with that in mind do you think its best to show him this thread, since it clearly states the points i want to get across and then talk with him.

or should i question him in the mater you outlined here, not bring up the thread and see how it goes?
>>
>>18023723
I don't think there's anything wrong with showing him this thread in itself, it's just that everyone here is talking of breaking up and if he comes around you want him to come around because he realizes he had a lapse of judgment and not because he realizes you might dump him over this. In a conversation you can not disclose that it's a dealbreaker if he won't see reason, but if you show this thread I think you increase the risk that he plays nice in order to keep you.

Could it be a middle road to give it your best shot and if that fails, you still have the thread to fall back on?
>>
>>18023736
you make a good point so i'll talk to him first and only show him this is as a fall back option.
>>
I literally can't believe you are going to remain in a relationship with this tool. He knew exactly what he was doing...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.