[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coping with depression and self hatred.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: michael.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
michael.gif
2MB, 480x270px
I hate myself and I want to die. I am so fucking tired of life.
Wat do?
>>
what do you dislike about yourself?
>>
File: 1405463937102.jpg (286KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1405463937102.jpg
286KB, 600x800px
>>18023470
I'm a fat, ugly, kissless&handholdless loser that has wasted his youth, has no direction in life, and leeches off of his parents. All of my ideas are shit, and the interests I have are focused on stupid and useless crap that benefits no one and cannot help me support myself in any way or form.

I don't deserve to live.
>>
At least you hate yourself.
I don't feel anything at all and have been in that state for 15 years.

It sounds like you just need some time to figure stuff out
No reason to kill yourself over that. You're seeing your life through a lense that intensifies the bad things. Think about the good things that happened to you. And don't pressure yourself too much, it's not worth saying things like that and your parents will still love you anyway.
>>
As a probably older version of yourself, it doesn't get better. Some people don't get happy endings. I wish I had killed myself years ago, and I'm going to try soon.
>>
>>18023464
Well the first move I'd tell you is don't kill yourself. That's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I'm not going to shoot a rainbow up your ass, or tell you it's going to get easier. Hell it might not. You can't change how you look to an extent, you can lose weight though. Also you can find a way to make money even if it's a part time job. There is no shame with living at home. I'm 25, live with a relative and have a full time job and I've saved up a lot of money this way. You will figure it out in time my man. Plus deep in your heart you know it would be a coward's move to end your own life. You're better than that, have more self-respect for yourself. Good luck my man, hope things get better.
>>
>>18024132

>>18024132

I'm sorry but, really? cultivate a skill, learn to paint learn to make music do something creative. Make your OWN happiness. When I feel down and out I listen to music. some people make art. Don't kill yourself there is talent in you you just have to try. It may take years to become good at whatever you want to do but trust me it can make you alot happier. do it for yourself and nobody else.
>>
>>18023464
Hey I made that gif lol, how bout that. Still depressed though, it's been 2 yrs.
>>
>>18024761

You know that all people are different and that what works for you doesn't work for everyone, right? I don't want to cultivate any skills, for multiple reasons. This isn't real advice or in any way relevant to my or OP's dilemma.
>>
>>18024853

>>18024853

lol stop. when your depressed you should at least consider some of the available alternatives and your right what works for me might not work for you but would you know if you havent tried it? I don't feel sorry for people who wallow in self pity and self medicate with a bunch of pills. if your not going to take advice than dont ask for it.

And how is telling op to consider taking up art or something similar not "advice"?
>>
>>18023464
>>18023484
You need a change in self-perception imo.

The way I see it, people who are born ugly, who are socially challenged and who went through periods of emotional isolation and depression need to learn how to take their self-loathing and learn to turn it into a source of self-confidence.

I mean, let's consider literally any other group in society that was also dealt a bad hand in life. People born in the ghetto, people who spent long periods in jail, people who grew up without families, unaccepted minorities, cripples, whatever. Almost all of them will have some psychological shit to figure out, and they may never be "normal" despite having to fit in a system that they're not really designed for, but they always tend to look at their origins and whatever they went through as a source of pride. It's who they are. They understand that these experiences, as difficult or as far from the "norm" as they are, were experiences that structured their reality and their being.

But that was not always the case. Before our age of self-acceptance, people would try to hide those in shame and attempt to fit in, mostly in vain. Instead of proudly declaring their origins as they do today, they'd repress these things and handle the emotional burden.

And that's your problem. You are at the stage of self-reproachment instead of self-acceptance about the experiences that shaped you. You're angry about the fact that you didn't get love or that, I assume, you didn't do well academically. But you're that for reasons beyond your control, you were dealt a shit hand, and if you accept you and your lifestyle as belonging to the pantheon of outcasts and negative stereotypes society has to offer, maybe you'll see something positive in you. Life will be harder for you than it is for most people, but that's why you're a trooper and they ain't shit. Maybe none of this make sense but idk. If fat ugly ghetto bitches have self-love then so should you.
>>
>depression

You fell for the oldest meme in the book OP
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.