[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People look down on me for my life plans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Temacu_father_Wooper.png (448KB, 592x472px) Image search: [Google]
Temacu_father_Wooper.png
448KB, 592x472px
I have a very good idea of what I want to do in life , but people my age tend to show disdain or even call me stupid if I ever talk about it.
>i want to go to a community college because it's small and inexpensive, and i am an introvert who doesn't appreciate the university lifestyle
"only dumb people go to community college, you're wasting your ACT score, you're missing out on dorm life"
>i would like to be a vet tech, i love animals but would rather not still be in school into my late 20s
"you won't make a lot of money, you're so talented why don't you go to art or music school? you're wasting your talents"
>i would like to get married to the person i have been in an exclusive relationship with for 3 years, he would like to start a family as well
"you're too young to know he's the one, you need to try sleeping around and having fun, traditional relationships are a thing of the past, etc etc"

It seems like everything I would like to do is frowned upon by my peers. I'm 19, pretty religious and not into drinking, drugs, or casual sex. I'm more concerned about doing what I love than the amount of money I'll make doing it. However, it's really discouraging to hear so many people think that I'm just an idiot wasting my "gifts." How do I deal with this?
>>
Who cares what people think? You seem to have your shit together and know what you want to do, so live your life the way you want to. The fact that they're advocating you going to music or art school tells me they're thicker than oatmeal.
>>
>>18023395

You deal with it by realizing your "peers" don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Kids are still stupid at 19 and talk without thinking. You do you. They haven't lived yet so they can't say what your future is. Take it from a 30yo. Once you're past that phase everyone realizes they shouldn't judge anyone else's path in life and keep their mouths shut.

TL;DR don't take life advice from a fucking 19yo.
>>
People who tell you those things are weak. When I got into bodybuilding people made fun of me because I was skinny, latter on they kept asking me how to get a physique like mines. When I started playing soccer I was always looked down upon by all my teammates. Overtime they fought for who was going to play next to me. If you have an idea and let others change it, you will never achieve anything. Make them jealous of you accomplishments as revenge.
>>
welcome to the 21st century, where everyone and their kids tries to push their agenda on you, regardless of your wants and needs.

If they were interested in you, they would ask you questions, but if they don't ask you questions before they give you advice, you can safely ignore that advice.

Also they are judgemental and use good scottsmen analogy like the dumb sheep they are.
>>
>"you're too young to know he's the one, you need to try sleeping around and having fun, traditional relationships are a thing of the past, etc etc"

Sluts want all women to be sluts because they know they're less valuable because they're sluts. They're threatened by someone like you who isn't having abortions and stds.
>>
>>18023395
These kids you're talking to are retarded. Community college is perfectly fine. The only thing you should do is make sure your credits will transfer over if you plan on changing to a bigger school. As someone who went to a community college, then transferred to university, I'd much rather spend my four years at the community college. It was a much better experience. What most kids don't realize is that unless you're going to ivy league schools, or your school is known for the degree program you're in, it does not matter where you go. Seriously. Those people have no fucking idea what they're talking about when they say that you're wasting your ACT. They're a bunch of fucking morons. The school you go to starts to count a whole lot more once you hit the graduate level.

Once again, these kids are fucking morons. If they seriously thought music or art was more lucrative than being a vet tech, they're idiots. I'm a music student. It's not a prosperous field.

And finally, these kids are fucking morons. They don't know shit about relationships. They're fucking 19. You want to take advice from them, or you know, people who have been married? I'd much rather talk to the people who have first hand experience making a relationship work.
>>
>>18023395
your peers are fucking retarded.

your life plan is the most sound ive seen from a 19 year old in a long time

keep at it, OP
>>
Well, thanks for the encouraging words. It makes me feel better to know that people with more life experience think I'm off to a good start.
How do I respond when the kids around me insult my goals like this? Like I said, I'm kind of introverted, so if someone says I'm wasting my talents I usually respond with "s-sorry" or something retarded like that
>>
>>18023830
"Well, this is what I want to do and I think it's going to make me happy."
>>
You are young enough to recognize what fun is. Do you recognize the adversity to it though? I don't think so. I recommend not listening to others wholly.. Including your partner. Remember that opposition does not require action. Silent protest is stronger than active opposition
>>
>>18023395
I kind of feel the same way you do right now. All of those topics have been coming up in life recently, university, relationships, and my future. Seems like people are generally telling me the same thing: Serious relationships are dumb at your age, going to university is the only way to success (Literally baffled at how people think this), tons of people telling me I'm a bright and smart kid who shouldn't waste his potential just working and doing whatever I want in the mean time. It's making me feel very isolated but I'm slowly learning to ignore it. Don't let them change you OP.
>>
>>18023852
See, the kind of thing me and my partner consider "fun" isn't exactly conventional - we like building and collecting plastic models together, cooking, and playing video games at home. Neither of us like partying. He's the only one that shares my idea of what fun is, but sometimes I feel like maybe I'm weird because I don't enjoy what most young adults consider to be fun
>>
>>18023830

You don't. Don't make eye contact, don't acknowledge their presence. Total contempt is the answer. The fact that they're spending their precious time insulting someone rather than doing something constructive with their time speaks volumes. Clearly they're trying to feel better about themselves by putting other people down. Mature people feel better about themselves when they bring others UP.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.