[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Partying for the game today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So my gf and I live together, been together for nearly 1.5 years now. We are both college students
>I make it well known that I am having friends over for the super bowl today
>we obviously plan to drink during the game, before, and after
>talking about 3-6 friends coming over
>girlfriend has known plans for weeks, said she was fine with it and might even drink too
>half hour ago gf approaches me
>"hey can my friend with a 2 month old baby come over for the party"
>friend would be bringing baby
>thinks it's a good idea to bring baby to college "party"
>I tell her its not a good idea, any other day but today
>gf noticeably a little pissed
Am I in the right here? Any advice on what I should do to smooth it over?
>>
>Am I in the right here?
No. You can have friends over and drink plus have a baby in the room, but if you guys are a bunch of stereotypical college drunks who can't handle your drink and get out of hand and rowdy then I think you need to take a step back and look at yourselves and not the girl bringing a baby over.

tl;dr grow up.
>>
>>18023380
you fucked up. your reply should have sounded something like this
>sure, gf, thats cool. as long as the baby is rooting for (insert your preferred team here)
she would have laughed, sucked your dick, and everyone would be fine. if shit gets too rowdy for an infant, obviously the infants mother will handle it by moving to another room or leaving. let go of your desire to control, anon.
>>
>>18023380
"Hey can Stacy mcslut come with her baby?"
>"Sure, but you sure it's a good environment for the baby?"
"Yeah no worries"
>"OK if you say so"

Absolves you of responsibility and doesn't make her feel like you're telling her she can't have her friend over. If shit gets too rough she can't really complain since you did tell her.
>>
>>18023380
Not gonna lie, your girlfriend sounds retarded for thinking it was a good idea to invite her
>>
>>18023380
The whole situation sounds kinda weird.
Why would someone bring a baby to a college party? To show others how grown up she is in comparisson to drunken students?
>>
>>18024032
>>18023448
There's nothing weird or retarded about it, other than OP's response to it.

>>18023442
>>18023412
>>18023389
Nailed it on the head. I've been going to house parties with friends, friends of friends, and friends of friends of friends since I was like a year out of college, complete with some of the high school preggos, and I've never once even in the rowdiest situations seen there be a problem because a child was there. Even when the mothers were shitfaced drunk, almost all of them or their SO if they had one were smart enough to put the child in the other room with a playpen or fenced in area of they were too young with books, toys, tv, whatever, and check in on them fairly regularly, or even had friends or the party in general help do checks in smaller groups.
>>
>>18024131
>There's nothing weird or retarded about it, other than OP's response to it.
There really is. Why would you think it's appropriate to invite someone bringing a 2 month old baby to a get-together where the point is to be drunk and rowdy? The baby is going to be unhappy, the girl is going to be unhappy that the baby is unhappy, and the group is going to be unhappy that they have to put up with a girl who's bitchy because they're trying having fun in an environment that's not appropriate for a near-newborn. It's a lose-lose situation.
>>
>>18024148
I literally told you why it's not a problem in the same post for any normal human beings who aren't people like >>18023389 mentioned. And as he posted, if they can't function with a fucking child in the same HOUSE as them, they really need to take a step back. Children do not need round the clock face to face attention and are perfectly fine in a crib or pen entertaining themselves for an hour or so at a time even in the worst cases. If they cry, the mother can excuse herself and take care of it, or just leave at any point, and she's at the very least shared some time and experience with her friends. Just because you aren't well adjusted to a regular social group doesn't mean the entire world is.
>>
>>18024158
Have you ever been around a young mother? The world revolves around their baby and anyone who doesn't accommodate them is the devil. OP is entitled to not want someone there who is going to bring the whole mood down
>>
I work with children on the daily. Age's 6weeks-7years and I can promise you that baby will give no fucks about it being "rowdy".
>>
>>18024171
See >>18024164
>>
>>18024158
>>18024131
You do know situations don't always pan out the same right? That's great that you party with people who got pregnant in high school and all but what would be even better is if you realized the world isn't centered around your experiences. This is the advice board buddy, not your personal blog.
>>
>>18024171
Ah, right. Glad that's cleared up. Hey OP, did you know the baby wouldn't care about it getting rowdy? Now that we know the baby won't care everything is all cleared up. That's what the thread was about right? The baby caring.
>>
>>18024164
Yes. I specifically said that in the first fucking post you responded to, it's not that hard to read a couple sentences man. It is not a problem unless the group is comprised entirely of shitty, maladjusted people. If the mother is a cunt, then the gf can be the one to tell her to leave, even if OP has to suggest it.

>>18024186
Except everything the other early post anons and I mentioned is broad advice that applies to everyone. An also broad anecdotal addition to solid reasoning that stands alone is not a bad thing. As stated by the anons in this thread who are actually offering sound advice, OP really just needed to ask if the gf thought it was a good idea for her friend who she knows better than he does bring the kid to a party environment.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.