[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to move across the country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

I'm 24 and began going to college for psysch last year. Realized this degree is bullshit.

I'm about to apply at this factory, drop out of school end of semester, and pay off all my loans. 3 of my friends work here and they each made 50 grand a year their first year, no college degree or previous experience.

I've lived in Wisconsin my entire life. I've barely travelled, the farthest I've been in recent memory is chicago. While the state itself is beautiful theres literally nothing here except for drunk rednecks. All of the girls are hideous, and the conservative government has become progressively more insane over the past 7-10 years. My seasonal depression has gotten worse every year since I graduated high school.

I'm a nobody. People don't really like me, i've burned all my bridges. I dont make new friends, i never really get along with people my age. I'm on probation right now, but a few years ago I was a big time acidhead/hippie. I still hold alot of the values I had than but i'm not as outspoken and keep to myself these days. I honestly just don't fit in.

My family and society has all these bullshit expectations for me, my therapist tells me its time to stop partying and go to school. Theres nothing here for me, this path is meaningless.

So I got to thinking, go get this factory job, resign my lease in september. Bust my ass off, work over time every week until my roommate graduates and my lease is up fall 2018. Than what? Move to california? not LA southern california. Not even san fran. I'm talking up north, humboldt county, mendocino county maybe even lake tahoe area. I was looking at rent to owns in mendocino and they don't even look like their as skyrocketed as everyone claims they are.

Get a job, start growing pot. Maybe eventually find my place in the marijuana industry. Be surrounded by prettier girls that Wisco, where nobody knows me.

Tell me why this isn't going to work if I leave wisco with 10-15 g's saved and my loans paid off in sept 2018.
>>
Go for it OP... screw everyone else. At the end we regret the chances we didn't take.
>>
Quit being and undisciplined loser.
>>
Lose your victim complex, OP
>>
>>18022018
So you're saying that working 60+ hours a week in a factory that requires manual labor and you need to be in good shape to work at for the next year and a half and spending almost none of my income so I can go do what makes me happy instead of what people want me to do makes me an undisciplined loser?
>>
>>18022027
No, I'm saying based off of what you've said and how you've said it that it's safe to assume you're an undisciplined liberal loser who thinks they're a victim
>>
>>18022027
I mean, you don't even have this job yet and you're already bitching about how it's victimizing you.
>>
>>18022031
I'm not bitching about it victimizing me, I actually prefer hard work, what do you think I did for 6 years before I was in school?
>>
>>18022040
Fucked around too much, evidently
>>
>>18022043
I mean if you consider working in a factory 3rd shift 6 days a week and never missing work or calling in sick except for when my grandpa passed away fucking around than I guess you're right.

Troll harder anon.
>>
>>18022046
And no i'm not claiming to be a victim here, when i did this my life was very quiet and peaceful and I didn't mind the work.
>>
>>18021993

its fine if you realise psych isnt for you.

its great you want to wrap up your debts. and even greater if you have a goal in mind you want to save up for.

but you're imagining things if you think you can 'escape' expectations.

Especially if this factory job will be your first serious 40+hour job in your life.

and you're deluding yourself if you think you're gonna finish with only $20k liquid to hold you until you build your own business.

have you ever farmed anything either?
>>
>>18022120
Nah, I worked a job like that for years before I went to school.

And I'm not trying to start my own business, I'm trying to get involved in the industry slowly and maybe at some point start my own business, grow for personal use

The marijuana thing isn't the only thing I could do too, I was thinking about looking into working at resorts on lake tahoe. This seems like it'd be an enjoyable life
>>
>>18021993
God, I love people like you OP because you think life is literally a fucking tv show/game/anime. You seem to think that by moving from point A to point B suddenly everything will change and your life/work ethic/quality of life will suddenly shift.

If you get to this place you'll still be the same guy. You'll still be a piece of shit and burn any bridges you Do manage to make, and in a few years you'll be complaining about your current quality of life and try to 'escape' it again.
>>
>>18022184
I'm not a fuckin bum, i work my ass off

i just dont want to hear bullshit every day from people that I've known all my life every day ya know. i'm sick of the stagnant ideology and going nowhere.

I'd rather be going nowhere in a state i can grow weed in my back yard without worrying about it
>>
>>18022194

>stagnant ideology
>going nowhere

And what do you think will happen in a new area? The people will magically suddenly be not as 'stagnant'. Honestly what does stagnant even mean in your case? You sound like the typical pothead spouting off vague buzzwords to justify doing stupid fucking shit. Do you also plan to start a sick garage band that's going to hit it big?
>>
I'm sure the marijuana industry is already full of whiney, anti-social shithead sooks so I wouldn't bank on breaking into it but hey there's nothing wrong with a fresh start.
>>
>>18022204
Hey, I dont wanna hit it big or be super rich or anything. I just want to go somewhere new and see something different than what I grew up around. The seasonal depression is killing me and I don't really have a direction at this point, so why not?
>>
>>18022210
Yea I'm not banking on that specifically but its a path for me to look into and i could use a fresh start.
>>
>>18022211
Also on while on the subject, I dont even like garage bands. If I wanted to be edgy and start a music project that was bound to fail i'd start making experimental trap music based off space jesus and yheti and shit like that.
>>
>>18022217
Okay?
What the fuck is this thread even for? Clearly not for advice because all you're doing is arguing with everyone telling you its a bad idea dreamt up by a maladjusted mental-teenager.

So go make a travel blog or something you dullard
>>
>>18022231
I hoping to find some reasoning on why this won't work but I can't desu
>>
>>18022235

Well gee, let's think for a minutes alright.

You have 10-15K.

You move up north, you do not have a job.

Food + water + electricty + cell phone bill + rent/mortgage + insurance = 1k+ easily, but let's say 1k for you.

Gas for your vehicle = 60 a month let's say?

So you'll have no income and be burning through at MINIMUM roughly 1/10th of all your money per month(you will likely burn through much more, I am being extremely generous with these numbers).

So you are going to somehow create a network of dealers/buyers as well as everything else within 8-9 months or you become homeless.

>Ill g-g-get a job!

With your skillset and the fact that you bitch so much I would imagine you would work retail/some shithole job that pays in the realm of 7-13 bucks an hour. If you do not carefully plan out your income/expenses you might be fucked from rent+static bills already more than what you earn.

Gee, all these numbers point to this being a really fucking stupid idea simply because of 'muh seasonal stagnation!'.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.