[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am I supposed to deal with "happy" people call me lazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: working-on-laptop.jpg (123KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
working-on-laptop.jpg
123KB, 620x413px
I'm done Justifying, Arguing, Defending, or Explaining why I can't move out or can't get a better job. Most of the people who have better lives than me seems to be attracted to people who care about socio-economic issues just to invalidate me, lie to my face about what I go through or the spout platitudes to make themselves feel good. It seems like every person who humblebrags, blames me for not being financially successful/lazy, or rages out for explaining that I simply don't have the money or accept their platitudes are socially narcissistic. I feel like millennials in society is divided into to worlds the lost/disposed/left behind generation and the narcissistic/SJW generation (the people who got theirs and are happy and are obsessed with bullshit social justice issues). It's already affecting my mental health and at this point with the SJW side gone mad with Trump's election, there's no point fighting a legion of unsympathetic people.

Because I'm just done at this point and I want to punch the next person who spout a platitude or some generic learn to program generic advice in the face.
>>
What are your reasons for being unsuccessful?
>>
>>18020674
6 years experience with Linux Systems Administration but stuck for 3 years in Windows role because people with Linux Systems Adminstration jobs refuse to hire.

Being underpaid at my monotonous workplace

Having to stay with my parents because they're unemployed due to their age and people refuse to hire them because of their age. As a result I have no savings because half of my monthly paycheck goes towards rent and gas and electric.

Everyone in my family and friend network refuse to help or ignores me when I try to get ahead.
>>
>>18020708
>Having to stay with my parents because they're unemployed due to their age and people refuse to hire them because of their age. As a result I have no savings because half of my monthly paycheck goes towards rent and gas and electric.

Oh yeah, so far I have to stay for them for at least two years because no one want to hire my parents, not even Walmart because they're over 50. But so many people either see it as normal and spout platitudes or see it as not normal and tell me to just abandon them. And how am I supposed to abandon them if section 8 is practically non-existent everywhere.
>>
>>18020708
You can always keep applying for positions until one sticks. Or have you thought of moving to find higher paying work? Finding success isn't about just grabbing it and winning. It comes in pieces and you put it together later. You just have to keep taking small steps to better your situation.

Your parents could probably use staffing agencies to find jobs or do temp work. There are people who make money by finding people jobs. My mom is playing the unemployed game and she isn't really looking and when she happened upon job offers and shit she fucks it up by not showing up or not answering the phone. If your parents are like her and aren't trying, you might want to consider not enabling them and better yourself.

I'm not trying to be another person that doesn't understand. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the issue so I can help best.
>>
>>18020750
>You can always keep applying for positions until one sticks.

"Just keep playing the job lottery" I've been doing that for the past two years! No one is actually hiring. No one wants to point one companies that are begging for workers. And companies that are hiring have a nasty"refuse to hire" syndrome where even if you meet every requirement, they will still refuse to hire.

>Or have you thought of moving to find higher paying work?

I can't move out because I don't have the money and I can't save because I have to support my unemployed parents.

>Your parents could probably use staffing agencies to find jobs or do temp work.

Temp agencies and staffing agencies never helped them. One of them tried to shove them into a factory job and they got back pain from carrying 50lb boxes.

>My mom is playing the unemployed game and she isn't really looking and when she happened upon job offers and shit she fucks it up by not showing up or not answering the phone.

My parents are over 50 and no employer wants to hire them because they want young workers. Your mom is probably under 50 and still gets job offers but realize that she sees you as welfare check that you can end by just walking out. I do not have that luxury.
>>
>>18020774
>They got back pain from lifting boxes
Sounds like they weren't using proper lifting techniques. You're not supposed to use your back to lift, but your legs. They should try again but do it properly if they can get back in.

>Your mom is probably under 50
My mom is 55. There are always shitty places looking for bodies to do the grunt work like call centers, etc. I walked out on my mother because me supporting her while she does nothing is only enabling her bad behavior. Dependency is something that should be avoided at all costs because it hurts everyone involved. You can walk out on your parents, too. They are adults and are capable of taking care of themselves as long as they are able-bodied. You're excusing your parents from being productive by acting like they are small children and incapable of doing what is necessary to survive. If nobody will hire them they can always try developing their skills and starting their own work to make money. There are shitloads of ways to make money. If they aren't doing anything with their lives, even starting small crafts and selling them on etsy is more profitable than sitting on the couch and giving up.

My roommate has also been dealing with age discrimination but he keeps busy and makes more money than I do.

The more you keep hiding behind all of these excuses, the deeper your situation will get in the shithole it is in now.

>I can't move
Yes you can. I left NY for CA with only $2000 and knew nobody in the area. Now I work making somewhat good money working for a medical device company. Over here in silicon valley they are always looking for people to hire, and even hire the elderly so your parents won't have trouble finding work. With our IT background, you would find a decent job out here easily, too. The only problem is finding a cheap place to live to start off with and most people go to Stockton or Antioch or somewhere and just commute. You gotta move to the work; it won't come to you.
>>
>>18020825
>Sounds like they weren't using proper lifting techniques. You're not supposed to use your back to lift, but your legs. They should try again but do it properly if they can get back in.

They're over 50, they can't lift heavy boxes anymore.

>There are always shitty places looking for bodies to do the grunt work like call centers, etc

Where I live (DC Metro area), they're not hiring people over 50 anymore. Age discrimination against over 50s are rampant. They want young people, period!

>You can walk out on your parents, too.

Again, if section 8 is practically non-existent where I live I would have walked out on them years ago.

>If nobody will hire them they can always try developing their skills and starting their own work to make money.

I leave to go to work at 7:30am and start work at 9am, I get off at 6pm and don't head back until 7:30pm. By the time I get home I am mentally exhausted and only have the energy to eat, fap, play a few video games and head to bed.

>even starting small crafts and selling them on etsy is more profitable than sitting on the couch and giving up.

My parents does not have skills to create small crafts.

>The more you keep hiding behind all of these excuses, the deeper your situation will get in the shithole it is in now.

You're proving my point right now. Everytime I try to seek help I always have to JADE that I don't have the resources (money or human capital or mental energy) to help my self or my parents.

>Yes you can. I left NY for CA with only $2000 and knew nobody in the area.

Again, I don't have any savings. I can't create any savings because AGAIN I have to take half of my monthly take home pay to support my parents rent, power, and water. I even told you this in one of my previous replies.

>I have no savings because half of my monthly paycheck goes towards rent and gas and electric.
>>
>>18020825
>I left NY for CA with only $2000 and knew nobody in the area. Now I work making somewhat good money working for a medical device company.

You left NY to CA with some bucks, and knew no one. You skipped a few years later and you're suddenly successful!

You people always leave out details.

>Over here in silicon valley they are always looking for people to hire, and even hire the elderly so your parents won't have trouble finding work.

I'm in DC, California is 72 hours away by car. Their job market is absolutely shit there too. We don't have the money to move. And our car is absolutely needs replacement and we can't afford another.

Why do people think I have money? I get paid 42,000 a year at my job.

Do you people even read the entire thread? Again, you're proving my point of my original message.
>>
>>18020879
>They can't lift because they are old
I've worked construction when I was a teenager with men in their 60s and 70s who could lift bags of 100 lb plastic cement by themselves without destroying themselves. Age isn't an excuse. With proper lifting technique and some exercise 50 pounds really isn't a thing.

>Nobody over 50 gets jobs in DC metro area
Then leave the DC metro area. Shit might be rough for a while, but it doesn't sound like the situation you have there is going to be stable down the road.

>I can't walk because no section 8
I walked out on my mom and she doesn't have section 8

>They can't work on their abilities because you work all day
Dude, I was talking about them. If they have nothing to do that nets income, they can start working on spending their time doing hobbies and crafts or whatever to bring in a little extra income. It beats just sitting around feeling sorry for themselves. Hell, they can go collecting bottles for redemption. You being busy doesn't excuse your parents from doing nothing.

>My parents don't have skills to create small crafts
Then they should be spending their time developing those skills and becoming productive. Nobody starts out with skills. You spend time on it and they get better over time. The situation won't get better if they don't try.

>You're proving my point
I am trying to get to the bottom of your problem and find a solution for you. That's what you came here for, right? Either your financial situation needs to get better or your parents' financial situation needs to get better for you to succeed. You are in over your head and from what it sounds like is your parents aren't contributing. Either you need to better yourself or they need to better themselves. Instead of looking at what resources you don't have, look at the resources you do have. In the very least you have 2 able bodied people back home with nothing to do.
>>
I bet the reason you can't find another job is because your shitty, defeatist attitude is wholly apparent to employers. It sounds like both you and your parents both think "I can't do this or this, so why even try?"

It seems like you want someone to feel sorry for you instead of actually making moves to change things up. Do you have a LinkedIn account, that makes it easy for people to find you and your qualifications? How often are your parents putting in applications? What did they both do for a living before you started taking care of their finances?

You probably will answer this and say I just don't understand, but whatever. Your God Emporer Trump isn't gonna help you at all, if that's what you're hoping for.
>>
>>18020886

>I can't save
Then you need to figure out a way to be able to save. Get your parents to do something that adds in extra money to the pool and set aside a little bit each month or something. Cut down costs like limit showers, don't use the heat, etc. Do what you can to minimize costs and maximize profits. That is your way out of the hole. And your parents need to contribute and participate or else you're in a parasitic environment and they will suck you dry. WHen they get older and truly can't do anything, you probably won't be able to support them or send them to a home so it's in all of your best interests to fix the problem asap.

>You're leaving out details
I moved to NY after graduating from high school 4 and a half years ago. I started off with a week's worth of clothes and a $2000 investment from my dad. As soon as I moved out here I got disconnected from my whole family. I spent a couple months sulking and feeling bad for myself until my money ran out because I couldn't find a job. I was too proud to get assistance so I started to starve on the streets. I eventually found a job working for Target and I whored myself out for whatever hours I could get and dealt with all the mistreatments associated with it. I then found another job working for Lowe's and did the same. I eventually saved up for a car, having walked 2 hours to work every day before then. I found out a medical device company was hiring 50 miles away so I applied and got hired since their requirements were practically nonexistant. I have couch surfed for a long time until I recently was able to find a room to rent near where I work that is affordable. I am now in a position where I can at least save money and afford food. To get where I am now I only ate 3 times a week and now I can eat every day. I am not successful by any means, but I am taking the steps I need to take to get there. Shit sucks a lot of the time and I am miserable and lonely often but I need to do what I need to do.
>>
>>18020886

>Silicon Valley has a shit job market

Who the fuck are you to tell me what the job market is where I live? Holy shit, the job market is amazing out here. Hell, you could apply for Tesla and work a manufacturing job that nets you about 72k a year easily. A shitload of companies are doing mass hirings because the demand for their products is so great. The company I work for can't keep up with the demand and we are about to triple our size. You can't sit there and tell me that it is hard finding jobs where I live. Get in a car and drive your family from your shithole to somewhere you won't be poor sacks of shit or cry in the shitbox you call your home. I don't give a fuck what you do with your life; I am just trying to help
>>
>>18020936
>I bet the reason you can't find another job is because your shitty, defeatist attitude is wholly apparent to employers.

I have submitted 3,000 resumes. I have not gotten a single interview or call back people despite doing every generic advice.

Employers can't sense or smell attitude from electronic resumes that they don't read anymore. They're done by ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems.)

>Do you have a LinkedIn account, that makes it easy for people to find you and your qualifications? How often are your parents putting in applications? What did they both do for a living before you started taking care of their finances?

We do have Linkedin Accounts, but despite doing everything we hear nothing back. Parents apply for 50 jobs a day. My parents did everything from HR, to Office Management, and Project Management.

>You probably will answer this and say I just don't understand, but whatever. Your God Emporer Trump isn't gonna help you at all, if that's what you're hoping for.

I voted for Jill Stein. Neither that corrupt cunt or that blowhard businessman interested me.

>>18020971

Who the fuck are you to tell me what the job market is where I live? Holy shit, the job market is amazing out here. Hell, you could apply for Tesla and work a manufacturing job that nets you about 72k a year easily. A shitload of companies are doing mass hirings because the demand for their products is so great. The company I work for can't keep up with the demand and we are about to triple our size. You can't sit there and tell me that it is hard finding jobs where I live. Get in a car and drive your family from your shithole to somewhere you won't be poor sacks of shit or cry in the shitbox you call your home. I don't give a fuck what you do with your life; I am just trying to help

I did applied for jobs in the Silicon valley area including the San Fran area, but the non-responses clearly state to me that they want the best of the best or they want local candidates.
>>
>>18020963
>I started off with a week's worth of clothes and a $2000 investment from my dad.

>$2000 investment from my dad.

>from my dad.

You got out of your house because the bank of mom and dad supported you. My parents do not have that type of money or savings at all.
>>
>>18020971
>Get in a car and drive your family from your shithole to somewhere you won't be poor sacks of shit or cry in the shitbox you call your home. I don't give a fuck what you do with your life; I am just trying to help

If you read the entire thread I already answer this.

>>18020886
>I'm in DC, California is 72 hours away by car. Their job market is absolutely shit there too. We don't have the money to move. And our car is absolutely needs replacement and we can't afford another.
>>
>>18021119

>Took non-response as they want the best

No, out here there are so many people looking for jobs that they are looking for the people who are persistent enough to harass them for it. You have to call them, send e-mails, send in applications and follow up. If you know people in the business, get them to vouch for you. You will get a shitload of non-responses but you have to keep going after them. And for local candidates,, nobody is really local out here. Typically, nobody lives in the city they work and a lot of people even come from out of state depending on the business. One of my friends got pulled from Massachusetts to help with a biochem startup. You can't just send in your apps and wait out here since it is super competitive. You have to run for it and take risks.

>>>18021124

I got out of my house because my dad never paid me for the work I did for him and I took that instead. I made a deal with him and he followed through.

You make twice as much as I do and I help take care of a family of 4 who live 50 miles away from me and I live in an area which is one of the most expensive places to live in the US. You're just making excuses. The only thing I ever got from my parents was food on the table and a roof over my head as a kid and the 2000 dollars I negotiated out of my dad to pay off what he owed me for free labor.

My suggestion is to suggest to your parents to work on becoming self-employed. Figure out something they can do, and then do it. Then they won't have to deal with age discrimination ad they would be in control of what they do. Even knitting to sell shit online makes more than what they make now, which is nothing. Other than that, the only thing you can do is move to a more profitable area to find jobs. Once your parents become financially independent you won't be bound to them anymore and can work on your own situation, save up and better yourself. Then maybe your outlook on life and attitude can improve.
>>
>>18021141

To get a car that runs can cost you about $500-1000 and a decent running car can cost as low as $1500. We have a lot of police auctions out here where you can get unused police cars for dirt cheap. If you sell all your shit and be minimalist for a little bit, the cost of moving can be as low as the cost of an SUV and the gas to move to your new location. You can get a PO box where you want to work so you can get mail and live in your vehicle until you make enough for a down payment on a rental or you can rent a room for your family and slowly work your way up.
>>
>>18021162
>No, out here there are so many people looking for jobs that they are looking for the people who are persistent enough to harass them for it.

This is not 2006. Employers don't want you to call to follow up at all. Eventually they will ignore your phone calls and eventually they'll tell you not to call back.

There are too many people who need jobs, and too few open positions since the economic crash of 2008.

The rest of your post screams "my problems are way worse than you" with a bunch of generic advice, so I'm done.

>Then maybe your outlook on life and attitude can improve.

Even if my problems suddenly resolve itself, I'm already damaged goods mentally.
>>
>>18021185

That's still how this area of CA works. The only jobs I got I got because I harassed them for it or had a friend to get me in who did the harassing for me. There are shitloads of positions out there to fill and they grow more and more each day. A lot of manufacturing professions right now are exploding in growth and new ones open up each day. I think you are disillusioned with the economic climate of this area of the US. Even with the companies that go down, there are still hundreds of others that are willing to pick up those that are laid off. The only problem in my area is finding somewhere to live since it is expensive as fuck right by the places with all the jobs. If you figure out your transportation situation, you can live somewhat far away and commute to work and make a lot of money.

>>18021185

>you think your problems are worse than mine

I don't. I think I was just able to navigate finding solutions to my problems that you aren't because your job destroyed you on an emotional level and the stress of being responsible for your parents isn't helping. You have to find your drive and push for what you want. If you want less generic advice, you need to provide more information about your situation. There is only so much that I can do for you on an anonymous advice board. The thing is you don't seem to want help. You just want someone to cry with you about how impossible your situation is. I only told my story because you asked for it and to show it isn't impossible to improve a shitty situation.

I know how shitty jobs can be soul crushing and make the future look bleak. You gotta fix that. See a therapist and talk it out at least so you can fix yourself mentally and emotionally. Once you can become happy again, everything else will start falling into place piece by piece. It only seems impossible for life to get better because you let the shitty part of life contaminate the rest.
>>
I agree with OP, I don't think its easy to find a job either. I've never been paid more than 10/hr for anything, and I have health problems so it was never enough to keep me afloat.
Eventually I just became a stripper. Probably not the solution for you, but it was how I delt with all the rejection and narcissistic assholes in the normie job market. Probably too emotionally damaged to work too. I don't know what to say, some of are just forced to be outsiders.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.