[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living with dad's OCD wife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I'm 23 and live with my dad, I recently finished my BSc and straight after MSc and have just started working full time, I don't have or make enough money to move out. He is 64 and recently married a woman 22 years younger than him, he puts up with a lot of crazy shit and panders to her. I think he married her just because she's younger; she's completely plain looking, has no tits, and has the personality of a goldfish.A few things she does:

>moved the XBone out of the living room because she "doesn't like the way it looks, we don't have a second TV so it is now unplayable
>Kicks off if anyone is on their laptop at the kitchen table because "it's a kitchen, not an office!" which is why I'm in my room now with my laptop on a shoe box (not enough room for a desk)
>changes everything around in the cupboards every other week for absolutely no fucking reason
>kicks off if you leave any pots unwashed at all, we used to leave everything until after dinner then wash up but now it's immediately
> a lot of passive aggressive shit like putting your shoes outside if they aren't in the right place on the shoe rack, she ruined my best/only pair of dress shoes when they got rained on doing this shit. Also leaving little notes around.
>put multiple pictures of her dead retarded kid in every room of the house, which is creepy as fuck

I told my dad that she is a massive autist and he is acting like a huge beta, I also said that someone who makes most decisions without logic/reasoning is no better than a child or animal, so he got mad with me and won't listen to anything I say. Advice?
>>
>>18020401
Move out
>>
>>18020407
>I don't have or make enough money to move out

Literally first sentence, friendo.
>>
>>18020411
Work harder, move out.
>>
>>18020418
>Work harder, move out.

Not feasible right now, but is the longterm solution.
>>
Fuck with her back. Move her shit around where she can't find it. Scribble out the eyes on those photos of her kid. Ignore her when she talks to you or bitches at you for using a laptop at the table in your own goddamn house. She is NOT your mother, she is NOT in charge so let her know where the fuck to get off.
>>
>>18020401
I'd try to have a talk with her. Explain that we have different styles of living, but I will keep up with being tidy. While it may not be to your standards, the world won't end just because it isn't exactly how you prefer it.

Basically, be assertive.

If that doesn't work, I'd say to calmly counter any of the craziness. Especially over things that don't really matter.

Examples:
If you all just sat down for dinner, and she is demanding to clean the dishes before. Tell her, "I want to enjoy my dinner right now. I'll take care of them after my meal." then continue to eat. Let her freak out. Eat your meal, but follow through and wash everything after.

With your shoes, that may not be a battle to win. I'd take them off, and put them in my room.

Don't move the pictures. Just let her win that one because it's a battle you will not win. Not only was her kid retarded, but he's also dead. So, that will be leverage in any argument about it.

With the xbox, maybe there is a cabinet or somewhere it can be hidden. So, when you are done playing it, it can be stored there. If she gets all crazy about that, you can say, "it will be put away when I am done." and follow through with it.

If she complains to your dad, also calmly explain what you are doing and how things will be put away after. Tell your dad that you are being flexible with her wishes while also doing things you like to do at home. That's an argument she just can't win.
>>
>>18020501
Definitely stress things like, "I am being flexible with all of you while I stay here. I am grateful for you allowing me to stay for this short time, and it'd be great if we all found some way to compromise."

Gotta be assertive and level headed when facing the crazy.
>>
>>18020495
>Scribble out the eyes on those photos of her kid.

kek
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.