[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this site bad for me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (209KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
209KB, 400x750px
After 10+ years here, is /adv/, or 4chan as a whole, just bad for me?

I'm 30, and I don't feel like I'm getting much in terms of advice anymore, or that anyone's listening. Most everything is derailed by /pol/tards and people posting the word cuck, to the point where I can't tell if people are serious or not.

Thing is, I don't know if I should just try to stick to boards like /co/, or how I'll fill my time not posting here.

Has anyone else considered leaving, is in the process of leaving, or has left and come back?
>>
I mostly just browse here to be entertained by seeing what amusing messes idiots get themselves into.

If you're 30 you should be adult enough to live your life without a randomly demographically-skewed sample of people on the internet telling you their subjective opinions at every juncture.
>>
I'm 24, been here since I was 18, and I honestly find myself hiding more and more threads the older I get
>>
>>18019610
It's changed me and not for the better.

I am more or less a /pol/tard though so I don't even mind anymore, but it's the place I go to when I feel sad and want to rage at the world, which is too often.

I tried leaving and all goes well until I get one of those bouts of sadness again and I'm back.
>>
Well when you really take a moment and realize what site youre on youll have your answer. By all means dont let it stop you from enjoying yourself though.
>>
>>18019610
I started coming here at 28. Love this place. I sympathize with a lot of anons. Many came from wealthier backgrounds than me, but shitty parenting fucked them hard. I'd like to think that I could help a few of them.

I've always been a big fan of places where political correctness need not apply.
>>
>>18019610
Op you sound like some sort of mlp tier autist. Is that what 10 years of /adv/ does to people?
Do you have any valuable irl human connections? Or lets say even online
>>
>>18019725

I have a ton of IRL friends, and an active social life. Still, I feel this place is becoming an echo chamber for shitty thoughts.
>>
>>18019781
It is. What did you expect from a place whose only purpose of existence is to coddle people who depend on strangers online to tell them how to tie their shoelaces and act like a good normie?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.