[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd rather kill myself then get old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 4pinterest_1433585238.jpg (14KB, 652x400px) Image search: [Google]
4pinterest_1433585238.jpg
14KB, 652x400px
Every single day I have massive anxiety over aging. I am a 22 year old male, I will turn 23 in July. To me everything good and important in life, all of your social wealth and power comes with youth when you are most beautiful. I look at old people in disgust, their gross bodies, their attempts to look young, their general inability to let go of life. It scares me to death.

I think about killing myself before I hit 30 all the time, I can't imagine anything worse than being old and its so bad that I constantly research anti aging tech. Scientists are actually making mice younger and hope to start human trials within 10 years but I know that it probably wont be in my lifetime.

I don't know what to do about it.
>>
How is 10 years not in your life time? If they find away to reverse aging we can live as long as we like in young bodies. Overpopulation will be a bitch, but hey. Sounds cool to me. Or like a transfer of consciousness would be neat.
>>
>>18019300
What I mean is that they will probably not have perfected this kind of shit in my lifetime, or have it usable to the public. Also the cost will most likely be insane.
>>
It's a raw deal, but it's the only one we get. Don't delude yourself into buying into the anti aging BS. If it does happen in your lifetime, you're likely not rich or powerful enough to actually receive "treatment"
>>
>>18019294
>then
With your comprehension of the English language, I would too.

But yeah I feel you. I'm 18 and disheartened at the concept of being older than 25, I'd prefer to sit at 20-23. If I'm not doing cool shit and in the midst of being really productive when I'm ~30, then I'm going to kill myself. I don't really want to live to begin with but living in a visibly deteriorating state seems 100x worse.

You'll either have to kill yourself at that point, or work towards accepting it. Alive or dead your existence and every action you take isn't very relevant to anyone, it's on you to decide what you want to do as it's only you that's truly affected. You can most likely overcome the disgust and accept aging (to some degree at least) but then maybe is still preferable. You need to be sure of which you would really prefer. Which means a lot of reflective thought into why you feel as you feel, and what you think you'll feel like in the future.

Also are you the guy on /sci/ that always spams shit like "why aren't we focusing on anti-aging and reverse-aging tech?!".
>>
>>18019572
>but then maybe suicide is still
>>
>>18019294
You think 30+ year olds have gross bodies?

I think you just need to meet some healthier more active people
>>
>>18019572
No, but sounds like my guy. 18 feels like world's ago right now.

>>18019574
Not "gross" just in decline. It's all downhill after 25ish.
>>
>>18019594
>It's all downhill after 25ish.
Well that depends where you were at when you were 25 and how much effort you're willing to put in. If you were a fatass at 25 you'd still have plenty of scope for improvement for example. It's not like you can't go to the gym beyond a certain age.
>>
I think that your mind should be a bigger concern than your body, judging by what you're posting here.

You should probably get some therapy.
>>
>>18019617
>therapy
Do people actually, seriously, truly believe that giving money to some hack just for them to half-listen and ramble off some platitudes to pacify you is a good idea? Have some sense

OP you should work to get rich to donate to anti-aging research or become a researcher yourself. Putting some effort towards what bothers you gives you some sense of agency and will reduce the time spent wasting asking idiots here what they think.
>>
> anti aging tech is 10 years away
No its here now, you just werent lucky enough to be born one of the chosen ones. The only thing you can do about it now is somehow become massively successful and buy your ticket in but even that is a near zero percent chance, for you anyways. Better end it now if you can't deal with being born a plebeian, because if youre bitching like this now you definitely don't have what it takes to do something about it.
>>
>>18019294
I used to think I would kill myself at 25 too because it's all downhill from then. Then I turned 25 and life was good and now I'm 30 and I think myself back then and OP are faggots.

Life is suffering. Deal with it.
>>
>>18019294
I'm 31 and loving it. I stay healthy, rarely smoke or drink, and I'm wayyy smarter than I was ten years ago. The 30s are great if you've done enriching shit in your 20s. If you wasted your time on sever drug addiction though, then you're just an older child. That resonates with OPs outlook a bit more.

Women find me more attractive as a good looking guy who is 30 than one who was 20. Maybe even 25. My hair isn't as thick but I've got a better personality and I'm more fit. Just play to the strengths of your age. When I'm 40 I'm going to wear a sweater vest and horn rimmed glasses. Maybe call young ppl Sport or Sonny Jim to fuck with them.

Looking forward to it.
>>
Look into Cryonics. There's definitely hope. http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/03/cryonics.html
Read that. A bit long but very well written and a good read.
>>
>>18019294
OP, you are not researching anything. The 5 hours you invested in a google search do not qualify as research. Don't disrespect the thousand of hours and days people actually pour into this.
I hope you will see when you actually get older that it's not so bad, and 30 is definitely still young (so is 40).
>>
What if you get reincarnated as a tiger? Who doesn't want to be a tiger?
>>
>>18019744
Me
>>
Agreed. My 30s have been far better than my 20s. In your 30s you are still young, but are able to do all sorts of things you couldn't when you were younger since you most likely have a more steady career and better income.

Also social life gets better and picking up girls gets easier. If you're 25, you can go for girls aged 20-25, while at 35 you can go for girls aged 20-35.
>>
>>18019811
I meant to quote
>>18019658
>>
>>18019811
>not going for 40 y.olds when you 30
>>
>>18019819
Just a personal preference. I've always gone for younger girls. And I look young for my age, so I'd feel weird being with an older girl.
>>
>>18019819
Milfs are disgusting but so are adult male bodies, I'm getting closer to thirties but still attracted to twinky faggots, even if I can pass as looking younger than my age, mentally I can't date anyone younger even if it's a few months difference. Just end my life
>>
>>18019304
Or you can just accept our human fate and die in peace, bitch.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.