[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The ultimate truth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

What happens after we die? I want to know so bad.

Maybe everything is just an illusion, maybe i was god all along, maybe we die and thats it, maybe life is just a dream, maybe christianity/islam/judaism are right, maybe DMT shows us the afterlife, maybe buddhism is. Maybe its something completely different.

Like how am i supposed to know the answer if i dont know the question? How am i supposed to life a "good" life if i dont know what sets of rules to follow?
>>
Nothing it's like falling asleep and never awaking up
>>
Life is what you make of it and enjoying the journey. You don't need to follow any rules to love a good life do simply what is entertaining for you, and when you are nearing your death bed you won't want to live anymore and will be okay with dieing
>>
>>18019139
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbcwAPZycGE
>>
>>18019139
Think about how life was before you existed
Was the year 1910 pure torture?

No of course not
Non-existence isn't painful
It isn't anything

People have known this forever

A Greek guy said "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist"
>>
>>18019139
Look. If you ask this to a thousand people, you'll get a thousand answers. They'll range from the rather dry "welcome to nothingness" to the "you'll live in Heaven!11".

However, most decent, well-intended and well-thought answers agree about life being more important than afterlife.

About which set of rules to follow through your life: discovering them is part of life too.
>>
>>18019139
People have been asking the same question since humans knew how to talk. Religion and spirtuality is a natural way for us to cope with the harshness of life. We are dying from the first seconds we come into the world slowly. We experience extreme pain, emotional damage, seeing and being in traumatic unspeakable instances. When we die, it isn't pleasurable...infact it hurts, and hurts alot. Its a cruel world. Nature is cruel, and doesn't have time to feel sorry for you. Worst of all we hate to think of going through all this grimness and death for nothing. So we make up our hopes and dreams in the form of our heaven. Dying horrible...but atleast we can ascend to the heavens and live eternal and joyous...if only. Do we?

Its best not to hurt your brain by thinking of these issues and come to the realization that we are already dead. Its written in the stars...this is just a bus stop. That vehicle is coming to take us at some point so you might aswell look at the persons around you that you care about and enjoy the time you have as modt as you can because you never know when it will show up. Can be in one minute from now or another 70 years.
>>
Considering there has never been any proof of any supernatural event of any sort, the logical conclusion is that nothing happens after you die and therefore is no ultimate question nor set of rules to live by.

Follow your internal moral compass, live to be happy, and don't worry about dying because it's inevitable and immortality would suck balls in any case.
>>
File: 50e75e0a71618f7b5072fa87ac7a3493.jpg (156KB, 769x1087px) Image search: [Google]
50e75e0a71618f7b5072fa87ac7a3493.jpg
156KB, 769x1087px
I think DMT, offers a glimpse of your fate. It's usually either terrifying (hell) or you're filled with eternal bliss (heaven).
> Like how am i supposed to know the answer if i dont know the question? How am i supposed to life a "good" life if i dont know what sets of rules to follow?
I've read the Bible, Torah, Koran, Book of Morman, and several Gnostic texts. If God exists, I find it difficult to accept he wouldn't have given us some kind of guide.
Islam, is too barbaric and twisted for me to accept as the "true faith". I disagree with Judaism, because I believe there's proof that Jesus was the messiah. For example, the Book of Isaiah, states that when the messiah does finally come, he'll be rejected by his people (The Jews), and foreshadows his crucifixion. Basically, the Jews are just still stubborn about that to this very day, and still refuse to acknowledge that he fulfilled the requirements of their messiah. The Book of Mormon, is very bizarre, and comes off as a sci-fi novel more than it does an actual serious holy text. It's basically what I initially expected Scientology to be. Very outlandish and silly. Not to mention its author Joseph Smith, was a well known con-man.
I could go on forever about why I believe Roman Catholicism to be the true faith, but it essentially boils down to the absurdity of being "saved by faith along", which the Protestants (Non- Catholic Christians) firmly believe in. Protestants, believe that as long as you have faith, you can get into heaven even if you're completely evil. This to me, is ridiculous.
Then there's the Big Bang Theory (Which was founded by a Catholic priest). The Big Bang, created matter, time and space. If something is outside of those three things, it's immaterial, eternal and omnipresent. If sometime possess those three traits, it is "omnipotent", which is the literal definition of God.
TLDR; There's a God, and Roman Catholicism is the only canon religion.
I can go into more detail if you're interested.
>>
>>18019690
> shit talks Mormonites for being written by con. Praises Catholicism which is also based upon a book of lies, which backs the largest pyramid scheme in history.
Oh the irony.
>>
>>18019702
>Praises Catholicism which is also based upon a book of lies

The thing about Catholicism as opposed to virtually all versions of Protestantism, is that they take into account that the Bible, was written by men, and is not infallible. The Bible, was written by many people, many years apart, and has many inconsistencies. Calling it a book- is inaccurate. It's a library of books. Some of which, are considered to be completely non-canonical. Catholicism, recognizes this, and states that there is more to religion, than a text written by men. That's why the emphasis has always been on tradition and their sacraments, rather than scripture.
There's a stereotype that most Catholics, don't read this Bible. This stereotype, is true, and this is why. Protestants, memorize the Bible and act like it's the literal word of God himself.
>>
>>18019139
Is that coburger ham? It looks just like it.
>>
>>18019153
>mfw already okay with dying at the age of 25
>not depressed, not happy, just nothing
>years going by in a second
eh
>>
>>18019139
The problem with trying to imagine death is that you always imagine yourself being alive while experiencing it. What would heaven feel like? What would it be like buried in a wooden box?

The point is that YOU WON'T BE THERE. Whatever death is like, the you that you consider you won't be there to experience it because that you will be dead.

Death is where you end. Death is the total absence of you. To quote Tom Stoppard, death isn't.
>>
>>18019139
This is coburger ham
>>
Well, I had an acid trip and sweat I got enlightened.

I connected with some astral being (lack for better explanation) and it told me in short that there is an after-life. It's neither good, nor bad but I could never understand it because I'm a human and far too primitive to begin to understand. The astral being explained that it was nothing a person can imagine because things work entirely different, and there is no "life". The astral being (that was just energy, didn't have a shape or form) told me to calm down about death and it would just be another thing. We don't cease to exist, we change form but so differently that it is unexplained for the human mind.

Excuse my bad English, also this is like 1/100th of what I experienced but the rest I have no words for, nor a way to explain better.
>>
i like to think that we can choose what happens after death - if alone by that happening, what you believed all/most your life. be it reincarnation (reborn), spooky ghost mode (noclip), heaven/hell or eternal nothingness.
personally, i'd like to stay on earth for a while as ghost-like being, saying goodbye to who and what i'll miss. when done, i'll go exploring the galaxy.
>>
>>18019690
This. Read "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis and "Orthodoxy" by G.K. Chesterton.
>>
Humans are so self absorbed that they cant imagine a universe without themselves in it. That's why me made up all these phony stories. Truth is aftee you die. You just die. That's it. Nothing more. The world goes on without you.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.