[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 24, and I just spent the last 5 years of my life devoting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I'm 24, and I just spent the last 5 years of my life devoting most of my energy to a relationship that didn't work out. I more or less had to put off college, friends, etc. (Due to the way my brain works ATM, I can do really well at something but only mediocre at everything else at the same time. Relationship was perfect until I realized it was unsustainable and basically it ended)

What the hell do I do? Do I just really get nothing out of the 5 years of energy I spent, other than the realization I'll never have anything else like that relationship? Fuck. But I basically lost 5 years of my life. Even the memories are sullied by the fact it ended so badly so I don't even have those. And they are 5 of my prime years too (19-24). One of the things I really wanted to do was to become a professional gamer and that's shot now, since I guess I'm too old or something / have to focus on something that can reliably support myself. Not to mention I'm so jaded now playing games for a little money seems almost pointless.
>>
Learn from your mistakes. See what youfid wrong in that relationship, fix it and move on. Ots hard to move on specially after such a long time. But youll get over it.
Sometimes what you think is love its not. Its just that youre so used to thst person and they know you so well, you just stay there. It took me bout 6 months of hard drinking and thinking to ralize this, after i broke uo with mu girl of 4 yrs.
P.s. you can get something out of it, you sn become a better partner.
>>
>>18018174
Dont ever make one person your whole world because when they lesve you youll end up lonely. Try to always have a support system, some tp talk to someone thatll distract you from what going on.
>>
>>18018174
You pick your shit up and continue on my man.
>>
>>18018235
I had a ten year relationship it ended badly split friends everything gone ten years gone that was seven weeks ago.

I'm not better but you just keep going. That's the only thing you can do. The why and meaning comes later just let yourself have a week to grive the relationship and get on with your life. Because they're going to do that very thing if you do it or not.
>>
>>18018228
This happened to me once. I was ended up fighting with mybmom and my sis, so moved out of the house didnt hsve anywhere to go to, so my ex told me to move in with her. Ended uo not talkim to my family or friends. All my world revolved around her. Relatioship ended very bad. I went back to my grandpas. It was pretty bad, i felt all alone. Like i didnt have anyone to talk to or to help me thru the rough times. But my good friend were there for me, and a few people told me the same thing. Dont let one person be your world, because whe that little world collapse itll hit you hard
>>
Prime years as a male in your early twenties?
You're just a kid.
In four years you'll be at the maturity level of an 18 year old female. You'll continue to mature at that point. The females do not.
>>
>putting off College for a relationship

Wew lad

Enjoying finishing at 31
>>
>>18018174
>become a professional gamer
Don't worry anon, looks like that time would have been wasted either way
>>
Prime years for men are age 30-40.

Never put a relationship before your own goals.
Never make a woman your whole life.

You are not supposed to get a "reward" for spending years with someone. The reward itself is the relationship itself. You don't really win anything when it ends. If your relationship wasn't fulfilling, then why the heck devote time and work hard at it.

You need to learn to fucking multitasking. Millions of people juggle relations, school and work at the same time.
>>
>>18018280
>18 yeard old women
>mature

Holy fucking kek, that was a strong blast to my sides
>>
>>18018174
Yeah, it's good to try alot in relationships, but you put all your eggs in one basket.

Get a job or go to trade school/college.
You will probably have a decent job in a couple of years.
>>
>>18018338
You've never heard that before?
Well let me explain a little what I meant.
Women mature completely at a young age because they are designed to raise a child early on (The exact age can vary but the point is it is much younger than a male)
So, your mom, at 40's, 50's, 60's, whatever is as mature as she was when she was 18.
Males are considered to reach this same maturity level at 28 years old.

Women mature quickly, then plateau.
Men mature slowly and never plateau.

If you think a woman at 18 years old is immature to you, well, that's all women.
>>
>>18018363
That seems kind of wrong from my experience.
To me it feels like women mature around 16, men around 19 or so.
Saying that a 24 year old man is as mature as an 18 year old girl is what made me kek. 18 year old men seem about as mature as 18 year old girls, then girls slow down considerably during college.

Then again for the most part everyone seems to be retarded to the same extent in college.
>>
Op here. Just so many things I can regret too. With that energy I could have had a degree and a well paying job, I could have been further in my passions of art and computers.

It's just, this relationship took hold of my life and wouldn't let go, and I just poured all of my energy into it. Probably stupid to do in retrospect, but I had no problem with it, it seemed worth it. My logic was if I spend a bunch of energy now on making the relationship good and stable that then I could focus on other things. I didn't think it would end, at least not like this. I thought whatever problem that came up I'd be able to fix, since I consider myself a pretty intelligent person. (Not a genius, but if my standardized tests said anything, high percentile). But I guess that's the 19 year old brains logic of not thinking ahead combined with youthful naivety.

Thanks though. At least I know I'm not alone.. and yeah I guess they aren't really the prime years of my life.

>>18018280

I guess I meant that I regret those years because I could be better off right now, but also learning wise those are some of the prime years for learning, since your brain loses plasticity as you get older, and settles around age 25ish. And I'm going to be 25 in a few months.. So I've lost 5 years of prime learning time.
>>
>>18018174

you're young. you'll soon realize that things ending doesn't mean memories are sullied unless you killed their grandma or some shit.

you'll also now realize not to invest more in others than you do in yourself.

friendship and romance are great, but theres a reason someone can pick up, start somewhere new, and start over. the truth is you have your own intrinsic value, or at least you should.
>>
>>18018372
Well I don't know how old you are but things changed for me as a male well past my early twenties and what I said became quite apparent.

>>18018375
Yeah yeah, the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is right now.
And plasticity? Are you upset that your biological almonds inactivated?
You have fertile soil and you're making excuses not to plant the seed and take care of it.

But yeah, regrets. That's what psychologists are for. I'm not going to touch that subject with you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.