[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becoming a medfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: mercy CENSORED.png (1MB, 861x862px) Image search: [Google]
mercy CENSORED.png
1MB, 861x862px
When I was 16 years old I made a promise to an enigmatic source of willpower. I promised that I would become a doctor and help other people if I survived.

It's 8 years later.

I spent 4 years of my life working a job to make money for college.

I have completed 2 years of college with a 4.0 GPA.

I am transferring this fall to a slightly above average university.

However, my major is some bullshit Info. Systems business degree.

I know that if I begin studying for the MCAT now, I will be able to do a good job on it and score high.

But my question is this.

Should I keep my promise and pursue to keep that promise i made? (dedicate the next 6 years of my life to becoming a doctor til age 30)

Or

Should I major in my current degree and just coast into an easy corporate job.

I feel that becoming a doctor will lead me to a more fulfilling life. However, I will also sacrifice my youth entirely for it.
>>
>>18016971
Ultimately it depends on what you really want to do when your older. Do you feel like this corporate job will make you happier than if you became a doctor? Or is the 6 year grind simply too much for you that you would settle for a different career path?
>>
>>18016981
I feel like the corporate life will lead me to a quick and easy life.

Yet, I feel like becoming a doctor, and making a good practice, will bring me peace when I am on my death bed.
>>
>>18016984
Would you need to be a doctor specifically? Or could you take a paramedic course and volunteer weekends/time off or something like that?
>>
>>18016991
>paramedic
I never thought about this. I am going to give it a shot!
>>
>>18016995
Glad to help anon, I'm thinking of actually becoming one myself. Sounds like a very rewarding career full time or part time
>>
File: Tryin real hard not to laugh.jpg (34KB, 617x581px) Image search: [Google]
Tryin real hard not to laugh.jpg
34KB, 617x581px
>>18016984
>I feel like the corporate life will lead me to a quick and easy life.
>>
God not real senpai.
>>
>>18017012
thanks Heaven
>>
>>18017011
In Russia, teens become military officialsand have responsibility. In US, teens turn 25-30 still go to college and live with their parents.

>dem prioriteez.
>>
Helping people is a noble goal.
Think about it, you sacrificw youe youth, but you'll help save lives and families will be eternally grateful to you, because you made a difference.
>>
Hey I'm a paramedic and I've got to say it's a very rewarding job, but like every job it's got it's ups and downs. Really depends on where you live in the world too though, because the scope of practice probably varies the most of any health care provider. Some medics are highly trained like mobile nurse practitioners and other EMTs are just ambulance drivers.

Why are you only now considering becoming a doctor after choosing a major not in health Science? Sorry to be negative but it's not easy becoming a doctor, a lot of med students spend their youth and then realize they don't have what it takes. Maybe talk to a doctor or see if there's a chance you can Shadow one to see how it really is. There are many other ways to help humanity in your spare time that don't require you changing career paths.
>>
>>18016971
>However, I will also sacrifice my youth entirely for it.
>>18017033
>you sacrificw youe youth
How is doing a university course sacrificing your youth? Are you not allowed to have fun while you study?
>>
>>18017041
How hard is it being a paramedic? Is every call out more or less a routine thing or are their times where you are in too deep and don't know how to handle the situation?
I'm looking at becoming one and being an introverted person i feel like I wouldn't be able to have a successful career
>>
>>18017053
I'm a medic in Toronto, most calls are pretty routine but I'd say you get a hot call every 2 shifts or so. Before starting school I always thought being a medic I'd do a call every hour and everyone would need cpr or need to be given meds. But that certainly wasn't the case. You'd be surprised the little things people call 911 for these days. Paramedics actually give really good patient care because we only have one patient at a time and do roughly 5-6 calls a day, so less patients then nurses. The only thing is we're not in the nice clean controlled environment of a hospital like everyone else.
I haven't been working for too long but it's a pretty easy after awhile, after seeing a variety of different patients nothing really worries on the job anymore.
I was pretty normal socially, but this job has made me way more outgoing. If the idea of walking into a stranger's house and asking them personal questions and being sociable scares you then you should consider another career, otherwise I'd say it's the best choice I've ever made in life.
>>
>>18017053
In terms of feeling "in too deep" we can always fall back on our partner, call for back up, or even call and consult a doctor on the phone, and if all else fails just take them to the hospital. It's not as cozy as a hospital where you can page another doctor, team or RT and they're a few minutes away, but I've never felt alone on the road.
>>
OP do what YOU want to do. Regardless of promise pick what you will enjoy. Trust me.

I hate kids more than anything. They stress me the fuck out. But i got a job offer centered around children that payed extremely well. Long story short, i hated the job so much and caused me so much stress that i discovered i had alopecia areata, hypothyroidism, and chronic fatigue syndrome all in the same 8 months. My hair was actually falling out in chunks. Quit the job and hair grew back, symptoms of the other 2 lessened but are permanent.

Pick the job YOU want. Stress will literally kill you.
>>
>>18017083
>>18017097
Thanks this cleared things up a lot. I can talk to people if theres something to talk about but small talk is what im bad at so being a paramedic will help with that
>>
>>18017046
>How is doing a university course sacrificing your youth? Are you not allowed to have fun while you study?
In the US, yes. It's 4 years of full time study, plus 2 more of residency.

So roughly 8 years of no moni.
>>
File: NataliaHolyHell.jpg (430KB, 1508x2048px) Image search: [Google]
NataliaHolyHell.jpg
430KB, 1508x2048px
>>18017020
Based Nat saving the youth.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.