[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning body language/charm/etc.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1469255804838.png (21KB, 357x313px) Image search: [Google]
1469255804838.png
21KB, 357x313px
How do I learn how to have a relaxed body language, that isn't awkward and shit?

Let me just throw out an example, so me and a friend were in her car and she put on Bad And Boujee(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVOS_lzgEpQ) and so I was singing along to it and like dancing(?) in the passenger seat. She snapchatted me and put me on her story.

I was with my other friend the next day and I was telling him how I have no confidence and stuff.

Him: "Dude, you just gotta calm down. Like yesterday in A's story. What was that? Like it's like you're trying to dance but you only do it halfway, if that makes sense."

I feel like everyone is watching me, I'm insecure about my body image, facial features, etc.

I look at videos of Justin Bieber or Matthew Mcconaughey and how their actions are just so fluid and relaxed. Biebs has like a natural rhythm that I can't get for some reason.

How do I get normal? Is it just practice? I feel like a fag for worrying about this, but whenever I go out, I am constantly thinking about how to act cool and chill.
>>
>>18016926
Practice makes perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/Actor-You-Sixteen-Simple-Understanding/dp/0205781233/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

If you have any specific questions you can ask me now.
>>
>>18016926
Practice is about all you can do. You want to look casual and relaxed but not slovenly. That means you lean against a pole in a pose that says you're the most comfortable person in the world, but at the same time you keep your posture nice and straight.

But the best piece of advice I have for you is that 99% of people, ESPECIALLY your friends, are not judging you. You won't even cross most peoples' minds if they see you on the street, and your friends are your friends even despite whatever neuroses you have so they don't care if you're a little awkward. No one you care about is judging you. No one.
>>
>>18016935
A big problem of mine is dancing.

I feel so awkward. I'm white, 6'0 and 155lbs. So I'm a skele which makes things extra awkward.

How do I dance properly? I'm taking a Public Speaking class right now, as well as Singing lessons(I like singing and I'm decent) so maybe I should do acting too? Just to help with my natural body charisma?

>>18016940
Hmm. That's what I am trying to tell myself. Like, I have a big nose and really bushy eyebrows. So I am constantly feeling like everyone is staring at me. It's suffocating desu.

I might have anxiety? I don't know, I just know that I have really bad self-confidence.
>>
>>18016942
As an example, and I feel like like a douche for even sharing this but take a look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx06c0ZEBMk

Do you see how it is natural for him to just speak and dance? I can't do that, and I don't know why.
>>
>>18016942
You do have self-confidence issues and the best method for combating that is to fake it 'til you make it.

You don't care what other people think. You're doing your own thing and they're doing theirs and there will always be people who like you despite or in spite of your flaws. Think on this and act like you believe it until you come to understand that it really is true.

Dancing I can't help you with. I'm shit at it too but it doesn't really matter. Move your arms/feet/hips/shoulders/head in time with the beat and only go dancing when a pretty girl gives you puppy dog eyes and asks you to.
>>
>>18016940
Textbook low self-esteem. The good news is that you are actually taking measures to curb the problem. You'll realize eventually that, yes people are looking at you, but not scrutinizing you in the manner you think they are. You are essentially background scenery for them. As for your friends, I guess they are watching you a bit closer... but then again they are your friends so you hsould feel comfortable.

As for your friend, sometimes they will bring you down to put themselves up. That's just natural among people though.

Taking an acting class will help you with your motions. There is a lot of thoughts behind movement (facial and bodily) along with tonality.

You also have to be realistic with the people you compare yourself with. The beibs is a professional entertainer. He has world class dance instructors teaching him how to dance.

You should just practice acting theory and learn about natural motion of the body, and how to capture it. keyword: PRACTICE
>>
>>18016944
Biebs might be an asshole but he's a very successful performer. No real point in comparing yourself to him.
>>
File: 1484771625824.jpg (7KB, 160x176px) Image search: [Google]
1484771625824.jpg
7KB, 160x176px
>>18016945
Yeah, you're right. I'm non confrontational and try to please everyone, essentially I'm a pushover. I need to be more about me.

>>18016949
I think one of the biggest problems is me feeling comfortable in myself. Like, I don't feel like I am good looking, or masculine, or have a good body, so I think that everyone is watching those flaws of mine. But it's all in my head right?

My friend is, I don't know. He is my only resource to going out and meeting people. He tries to help get me confident, but he is brutal about it. I don't know, it is what it is.

You inspired me to take acting class, I just signed up for it at school. I hope it helps, since I'm taking public speaking and voice coaching as well.

Thanks man, I appreciate this.

>>18016950
Maybe I have unreal expectations of what people expect from me. I want to be the greatest, and in this case, that is like Biebs. I should, calibrate I suppose.
>>
>>18016966
Your friend is doing you a favor. If he's helping you come out of your shell then take his advice. This sort of stuff is only uncomfortable at first but it is a function very natural to humans and you'll get used to it the more you do it and the more you come to understand that people aren't judging you based on the things you are actually insecure about.

If he's being to brutal for you then say something but keep in mind that sometimes blunt advice is the best kind. It is my experience that you can't push someone to do something they don't want to with gentle nudges, and it's also my experience that constructive criticism is ignored if you precede it with a compliment. Telling someone "It's good, but..." tends only to have them hear the words "It's good."

I admire that you want to be the best but you do need to recalibrate. Biebs is an exception and not necessarily an achievable goal. Also keep in mind that generally the easiest way to appear cool and relaxed is to not look like you're putting in too much effort.
>>
File: 1468773793706.gif (993KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468773793706.gif
993KB, 1600x900px
>>18016975
Yeah you are right. I guess I see the attention Biebs receives and think, why canI not do that?

It is probably just grandeur delusions, especially since I have an okay singing voice and try to replicate his style a lot.

But you are right dude. Absolutely. I am gonna calibrate.

You know what I tried that helped me today? I basically told myself, "Act like Matthew Mcconaughey." And it worked. I felt comfortable and charming, it sounds weird when I say it out loud, but it helped.

If any other introverts/socially awkward people are seeing this, try it out. It could help you too maybe.
>>
>>18016987
>why canI not do that?

Perspective. He is extremely good looking on top of his talents as a performer. He also got very lucky with being discovered as a singer. You can't do what he can do because you aren't the 0.00001% of ultra-famous celebrities.

You can do well, just not as well.
>>
>>18016966
Acting class is tough. They usually have the highest drop rate for students. I think that you will benefit greatly if you complete it though. I wish you the best of luck man.
>>
>>18016993
Tru.

>>18017001
I have really no idea what to expect but I will try my best. Thanks dude.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.