[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendzoned by guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: 1329417105057.png (14KB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
1329417105057.png
14KB, 297x300px
I have diagnosed high-functioning autism. I've finally managed to get out of my shell a bit and I've made some genuine friends. But every male I talk to is friendzoning me hard. Two guys like me dearly as a friend and they have no problem trusting me to listen to them talk about their problems dating other girls, but they are never even slightly interested in me. The best I've gotten is a guy telling me a specific behaviour of mine is cute.

Is it possible that they are waiting for me to show an interest in them? Everyone says it's easier for women since they don't have to take any initiative, but do I need to be proactive anyway?
>>
Idk how much time you have spent on 4chan, but its pretty apparent that men tend to tell women when we want them. We are certainly not shy about it.

If we want you, we will let you know for sure.
It seems to me that its pretty clear to you that youre friends arent interested in you. Stop dancing around the thought.
>>
>>18016757
Every man appreciates a woman who approaches them.
But if you have self-esteem problems, then you need to work on it.
Yes, it is easier for woman, but harder in a way.
You need to select potential partners and discard bad ones. You have access to most men, but only a few are worth going out.
>>
>>18016761
If anything it's 4chan that convinced me that there are guys who are too scared to say it because they are afraid of being considered a creep. Something about gynocentrism and women being put on a pedestal and raised to be pretty princesses..
>>
>>18016771
Yes.
men are plentiful, but only a few are good.
>>
>>18016767
>But if you have self-esteem problems, then you need to work on it.
I feel pretty good about myself to be honest. I'm still not that confident in social situations and tend to be withdrawn but I can hold my head high and take space.
>>
>>18016777
>but only a few are good.
Protip: You have to be one of the good women to get the good men. Autism is probably a disqualifier.
>>
Are you overweight OP? Do you dress well? Do you take care of your appearance?

Guys care a lot about looks. Much more than women do.
>>
>>18016789
my cousin is obese, but she racks up the most beautiful men in her town.
It's all about self-esteem and treating the guy right.
>>
>>18016787
I am a good person if not a good woman. I'm intellectual, caring, and have developed an interesting personality.

>>18016789
>Are you overweight OP? Do you dress well? Do you take care of your appearance?
No to all of those. I let my hair grow wildly and don't even color coordinate my clothes all the while my mother keeps telling me I'm beautiful the way I am.
>>
>>18016813
never take mommy advice for fashion trends.

>I am a good person if not a good woman. I'm intellectual, caring, and have developed an interesting personality.
just by this description you should be really popular with the boys...
huh.
Something's not quite right here...
>>
>>18016757
I was going to feel sympathy for you, but you posted that disgusting disgraceful caricature of the divine Lenneth. Die.
>>
You sound datable to me OP.

Maybe you're just trying with the wrong guys? Try pursuing guys who are also high functioning.

I can kind of relate to your experiences but from a guys point of view. For the most part I'm invisible to the opposite sex even though I'm fit and I don't have a face like a cows ass. Even if we're high functioning normies can tell there's still something "off" about us and don't tend to date people on the spectrum.
>>
>>18016813
>I am a good person if not a good woman. I'm intellectual, caring, and have developed an interesting personality.
I'm an aspie guy who tries to do the same and I can tell you it doesn't help with romance whatsoever.
>>
>>18016824
I'd say you're not.
Girls are more subtle. You should sharpen your senses.
I doubt you're at the less-attractive end of spectrum in the bell curve.
You're probably sitting in the middle, you just don't know it yet.
>>
>>18016821
She says she makes absolutely no effort with her appearance in the same post, it's crystal clear why guys don't like her. Good personality keeps a guy, but it doesn't attract him in the first place.
>>
>>18016821
She could still have weird ticks that put people off (IE wild/erratic movements or strange noises) despite being high functioning, it's also possible that her autism behavior makes people think she's disinterested or not engaged in hanging out, that's a complaint I've heard a lot from normal people who hang out with autismos and complaints I have received myself about my own autismos behavior.
>>
>>18016827
I'm not OP, I think you quoted the wrong post.
>>
File: 1434814256488.png (58KB, 420x310px) Image search: [Google]
1434814256488.png
58KB, 420x310px
>>18016823
It's been my signature on /adv/ for years. Sorry.

>>18016824
>Try pursuing guys who are also high functioning.
I tend to look for people who are at my own level. Lower-functioning people hold me back, normies can't understand me.

>>18016830
>it's also possible that her autism behavior makes people think she's disinterested or not engaged in hanging out
This tends to happen, although less and less as time goes on.
>>
>>18016835
That was exactly directed to you.
>>
you need to flirt sunshine, not proactive, but provoking
its great you arent a vapid whore
but thanks to them guys expect retarded behaviour otherwise we wont see you as a pussy we want to fuck
>>
>>18016839
>normies

This is why. You see yourself as some sort of special snowflake. You're unable to try to look at yourself in a critical way. You probably are thinking you are better than everyone else, that doesn't fly.

Anyway what are you looking for? A bf? Just sex? If you have boobs flaunt them. Dress more sexily.
>>
>>18016757
Learn to walk before you try to run.

You are doing VERY well in making friends with guys. Revel in that for a while. Romance will come in its own good time.
>>
>>18016851

Lol dont dress sexy. You will look like youre trying too hard. You dont want to be that autist in a dress
>>
>>18016828
Does looks still matter if you already know the guy? I don't necessarily want to turn heads and get chat up by strangers. But I'd like it if the guys I already are in contact with saw me as a woman and didn't complain to me about how they will never ever find a girl.
>>
>>18016895
I should clarify. I don't mean the specific guys that I talked about earlier. I mean that as my life is right now I am already meeting new people every now and then, and I don't necessarily want to meet even more people.
>>
Have you ever tried to set up a dating site profile or tinder?
>>
>>18016895
If you're not making an effort with your appearance, guys won't find you attractive unless you're in that very tiny minority of people who are so attractive that they can get away with it. Physical attraction is not the only part of the jigsaw, but it's definitely a part.
>>
>>18016948
I have not. I don't want to risk being found out by friends. (I have seen them find other people's tinder profiles and laugh)
>>
>>18016825
Aspies don't have interesting personalities
>>
>>18017055
Why not?
>>
>>18017040
I thought autistic people don't care what other people think

Seriously though you shouldn't
>>
>>18017062
Anything you read about aspergers is either a lie or an oversimplicifation, even if you are looking at a credible source.
>>
>>18016955
As a guy I always felt that there is no fucking way the average girl can be attracted to the average guy given how little effort men in put into their appearances

Lately I become more and more convinced it's true.
>>
>>18016757
How overweight are you?
>>
>>18017069
Soo... how to know about aspergs? Explain if you dont mind.
>>
>>18017084
It's not possible to know a lot about it. Not even the experts are able to put their finger on it. Genetically it's caused by a whole range of different things so two people with the same diagnosis can have only partially overlapping symptoms. I predict that autism as a diagnosis will be replaced by something more useful in the future.

One big misconception I want to puncture though is the idea that asperger/autism is a social disorder. I think it's more accurate to say that autism affects cognition in general, not just social skills. A lack of social skills just happens to be immediately noticeable for humans(a social animal) so we see that part of it first. Social interaction is a complex cognitive thing so of course it's going to be affected if youre cognition is fucked, just like any other complex cognitive thing.
>>
Sometimes I feel like I'm an ultra high functioning autistic person because I don't really give a damn emotionally about what is considered normie behaviour (it all seems entirely arbitrary to me how men and women act, especially if you've lived in multiple cultures and can see how random social norms are) but on the other hand I have no problems understanding people on an intellectual level and functioning in the business world. I have very few friends because socializing with people I am not attracted to feels like a chore though.
>>
>>18017104
I always am perplexed by autistic people who succeed in tough fields like academia but complain of social difficulties.

To me human interaction just seems like yet another logical system and so it's tough for me to understand why this in particular would present difficulties compared to other things. I mean all there is to do is just observe the patterns and apply them in practice. Same as with math, physics, engineering, biology, whatever.
>>
>>18017104
Yup you're overweight, it's okay OP. It's very clear reading this thread. Looks might not matter as much to you but to men it's pretty important. Most men won't go out with someone ugly (average sure) unless they're desperate. If they like their personality, they'll just be friends with them.

If you go to /fit/ they can give you good advice on counting calories. Remember it's more about diet than exercise, however some walking would be good. Don't use it as an excuse to eat junk food though
>>
>>18017040
That's complete bullshit. Everyone is on dating sites these days. Set up a profile, bam, done. Wait for messages to come in, reply to guys who pick your interest.
>>
>>18016757

My advice is that you don't target any of them, but instead you ask for them advice.

It's true that things can be weird post a non mutual declaration.
>>
>>18017061
They don't go out of their way enough to understand what other people appreciate in a person.

Take my dislike of otaku for example. I'm an otaku but other guy otaku just don't put any effort into being appealing to others so I have no interest in being friends with most of them.
>>
MIAMI
I
A
M
I
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.