[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jobs for Beginners?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

My bf is unemployed and undereducated in a city that favors diplomas and experience.
Any alternative jobs that will hire/train someone like this?
He also doesn't drive.
Long story short, his family keeps preventing his progress but he needs work to move out. Suggestions?
>>
Airport staff.
>>
>>18016731
a better question would be why are you dating such a loser?
>>
>>18016751

Aren't you the same guys always claiming all women want is money and status?

I'm with him because he's really an amazing person. Very affectionate and loyal. He treats me better than anyone before.
>>
>>18016764
Have fun living in poverty your whole life
Here a free bump out of pity.
>>
>>18016768

Wow so negative. You need help
>>
>>18016775
where do you think we are?
>>
>>18016775
Probably some guy with a good job and money but no gf so he's bitter he can't score while your bf can.
>>
>>18016731

Not sure, but some suggestions:

-waiter
-receptionist
-garbage man
-postal employee (need to get lucky on timing)
-cleaning crew
-any other service industry job.

And if he's REALLY strapped for cash or willing to do ANYTHING, Mcdonalds is always hiring. There's a reason that they are always hiring, mind you...
>>
>>18016779
lol try a NEET without a gf.
>>
>go into a place
>say you will work for free in exchange for experience and something to put on resume
>receive experience and something to put on resume
>if opening happens at said place they will also probably hire him because he is already trained (so long as he doesn't prove to be a fuckup)

I have a friend doing this right now.
>>
>>18016751
>>18016768
betas.
>>18016731
Ports are a good way to find labour.
Soldering jobs requires some training and it's pretty good pay.
I don't know that much anyways, since i'm E-chem, but perhaps mineralogy sector has plenty of manual labour, specially extraction and separation of metals.
>>
>>18016747

That's an interesting idea. They don't require diplomas?

>>18016779

Most likely, but I really love my bf so i don't care if he's broke i just want him out of that situation.
>>
>>18016790

Nowhere near a port but maybe on the soldering. Thanks for the ideas
>>
>>18016731
fast food. Retail. Restaurant work
>>
>>18016731
supermarket - shelf stocking, checkout, etc.
Walmart, Lowes, other big stores - ditto
McDonalds and other fast food
Gas stations & convenience stores - clerk

Walk through your town and stop at literally every single store to ask if they're hiring.
>>
File: 20160912_181058.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_181058.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>18016731
Go around and apply everywhere, go in after a day or two and follow up on your application. They eat that shit up. But don't be applying to just one or two places and waiting. If you want a job you have to go get it.
>>
Plenty of manual jobs require very little actual knowledge because the procedures are well established and once learnt they are simple to follow. The biggest barrier to entry in my experience in these roles is work ethic, you've got to be willing to do repetitive, physically demanding things in less than ideal circumstances such as rain, cold, heat, dirt etc and you've got to show up and be willing to stay because most people start feeling too good to do manual work.

If you are in an area with lots of graduates and high youth unemployment then yeah, any office job is going to be looking for a degree or similar.
>>
>>18016731

Warehouse. They'll literally hire anyone.
>>
>>18016791
I would doubt they do. Maybe just a bunch of backgrounds checks and drug test.

I think most people can direct an airplane after a day of training.
>>
Construction jobs are a good place to start of your city had good public transport. Most times you have to provide your own transportation to a jobsite but like I Said if your city has good transportation infrastructure it should be fine. He could try for an electrical apprenticeship. It's hard work, but most companies will pay for the night classes you take to earn your journeyman license. Ice you have the, you're set
>>
>>18016731
Try temporary/seasonal jobs. But, if your boyfriend is picky, then there's no hope for him.
>>
>>18016788
> work for free
I have never heard something so retarded in my entire life.

Also OP like people are saying, anything service related. Also the key to actually landing a job is to apply to all of them. Just do a search on any jobsite eavh day and apply to: all of them. Qualified or not if you lower your standards of where you willing to work theres somone out there who will hire you.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.