[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I feed two people cheap and well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 16clinton.jpg (53KB, 348x311px) Image search: [Google]
16clinton.jpg
53KB, 348x311px
I have 40 dollars for the next week to feed two people with, can I get advice on how to stretch that to where the food won't be completely flavorless? I live in southern California so prices may be higher than whatever yours are.
>>
>>18015596
I don't know how much meat goes for in California but grab 5 dollar ground meat, pasta and literally spend a good 20 bucks to 30 and just eat that
>>
>>18015609
Agreed. Rice might be cheaper than pasta
>>
>>18015596
Chicken thighs. Ludicrously cheap, even when you get them boneless and skinless, and they have more flavor than breast meat. Serve them with shallots, brown rice, and spinach and you're good to go.
>>
>>18015596

i live in los angeles.

go to the smart and final on western and simply buy 40 pounds of chicken for 40 bucks, that'll last you a month.

OR, go to any smart and final and just buy chicken at about 1.15 a pound. for two people lasting oyu about a week worth of dinners that would be 11.50.

spend the rest of the money on a bag of cereal (5 bucks) some milk (3 bucks), or whatever the fuck oyu want really.

40 dollars for a week is easy ifyou're not dumb
>>
Salt is a really cheap way to add some flavor. Beans are really filling, I guess.
>>
>>18015596
Rice, beans, and chicken can go a long way.
>>
>>18015596
Rice, beans, chicken thighs, oatmeal, pasta, there are a lot of cheap things like that. Also depends on your area.

As far as meat try organ meats: beef heart can be quite good, liver that kind of stuff.
>>
malt o meal cereal$3. Get powdered milk- last longer. Rice$1. No name bread$1.50. Eggs. Hamburger. Pasta$1- store brand. Bags of beans. go to an off brand store. In cali you guys may have salvage grocery stores.
If any kids are involved then go to childrens aid or a food pantry. If its just to tide you over for a week then no harm no foul.
>>
>I have 40 dollars for the next week to feed two people with,
>can I get advice on how to stretch that to where the food won't be completely flavorless?

>ytppl ;/
>>
>>18015596
white rice and lentils or peas and a little bit of chicken
>>
Bag of rice from Asian shop
Frozen vegetables from super market, cheapest you can get
Whatever meat that is cheapest with remaining money
>>
Rice, beans, lentils, eggs, and vegetables. All cheap and healthy. Maybe grab some oats for breakfast. Try to mix it up a bit. If you can afford it, get some cheese too
>>
eggs and veggies with a little meat added to rice or pasta or soup. rice, pasta and soup are filling. you can prepare rice and soup in different ways to taste differently like spicy or sour or salty or meaty. there are many recipes for fried rice.
>>
Holy shit you people are idiots. OP specifically says:
>>18015596
>the food won't be completely flavorless?
>completely flavorless

And then you fuckers wanna suggest him chicken and beans? Chicken is fucking boring without any seasonings, holy shit.

OP, do you actually own any spices? If not I recommend chili and rice. That should be enough for a week if you stretch it, and leave you with money to buy the spices if you need them. For breakfast try oats with brown sugar. That should feed you both for the week and you get to avoid plain ass chicken and lentils...
>>
>>18015596
>buy some meat
>buy some veggies
>buy some rice or beans or something

$40 is a lot. I am just going to assume you drifted over from /ck/ and are trying to meme me.

Hell I just fed 16 people tonight for about $50. I did a pork tenderloin, scalloped potatoes, buttered carrots and dinner buns. And I still have enough leftovers for another ~7 meals.
>>
>>18017108

Holy shit you are a blind donkey. This >>18017048 anon specifically says different ways to taste differently and many recipes.
>>
>>18017173
Wow. One whole person, you're right!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.