[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you come to terms with the fact that you had to end a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1482835138032.jpg (135KB, 960x871px) Image search: [Google]
1482835138032.jpg
135KB, 960x871px
How do you come to terms with the fact that you had to end a relationship with a person you love? I know it needed to be done and there were a bunch of problems, but now my brain is trying to trick me into thinking that the shock and time to "reset" and work on ourselves could have the potential to solve enough of the problems to have a healthier, happier relationship.

Is there any logic to this line of thinking? There was no betrayal or anything big and dramatic. I'd say it was just incompatibility but now it seems like the issues have the potential to be fixed. I have a stupid hope than in a few months we could reevaluate.

Is there a chance?
>>
>>18014313
Honestly? The best thing might be to just try again and see if it works.

I was with a girl for a few years, and after she dumped me, I held onto the hope that we'd both work on ourselves and give it another shot, which did happen about two years later. She then dumped me again like two months after we got back together, and now I know for a fact I wouldn't ever want to be with her again.
>>
>>18014318
Did it hurt significantly less the second time?
>>
>>18014327
I think so. I mean, it still hurt quite a bit, but I think I distinctly remember it being far worse the first time.
>>
>>18014339
I'd risk the hurt if I thought there was a reasonable chance it'd work out, especially if it's less. I'd be more quick to break it off, too.

would value more opinions, though.
>>
Idk. Females are impatient. But it depends upon the circumstance and the female.
>>
>>18014361
what if I'm the female?
>>
>>18014313

you broke up with her. that IS coming to terms with braeking up with her.

now oyu'rej ust moping.
>>
>>18014734
Not really. I feel like I haven't accepted that there isn't still a chance.
>>
I'd like to think my ex and I are over, done completely and all of that.

But, secretly, I just want to make myself a better person so that she won't have a reason to cheat on me next time we try.

I was fat, bad teeth, and kind of a loser.

Eventually, I won't be any of those things, and then maybe we can try again.
>>
>>18014889
Or... Or, you could steer clear of that cheating hoe and find a better girl once you're confident in yourself.
>>
>>18014889
>>18014924
yeah anon... Maybe in your case it's really just a better idea to let that dream die.
>>
>>18014924
>>18014955
She was just young, and immature. And, I can understand it. She wouldn't make the mistake again now that we're older, and especially not if I was more attractive.
>>
>>18014313
My girlfriend left me for the same reason just a few days ago. I understand her on why she did it, we lacked a few things plus she has a somewhat difficult time at home. I don't hold it against her and I'm happy she's thinking that way for herself. On top of it, it gives me a chance to get better for her later. I've been ghosting her though latley and I feel like an ass because of it, but I just can't seem to talk to her. She said she still wants to talk and have fun, but I'm just being this way for some reason.
>>
>>18015052
you need a bit of time of no contact if you guys ever want to be friends. give her an explanation though.
>>
>>18015685
Do you think writing her something would work? I usually fumble my words and just make it awkward but with writing I can usually address everything. It feels childish, but I just want to tell her everything without messing it up
>>
>>18015770
I think letters are a really handy tool for communication in relationships. you may want to give it to her in person with an explanation first and then wait while she reads it so you can discuss it. that way it won't seem impersonal or like you're avoiding a proper discussion.
>>
>>18015873
Alright time to write then, thanks anon
>>
>>18015878
good luck, friend.
>>
I recently had a very similar situation occur to me. My boyfriend broke up with me, and he attributed it to incompatibility as well. There was much deeper issues than that, however. Anyway, what do you mean by "incompatible"? What are some examples of you being incompatible?
>>
Are you the male or female in this situation?
>>
>>18015881
I actually just got done writing it but thanks anon for the good luck
>>
>>18015893
I'm very affectionate and open with my feelings, hopeless romantic willing to do anything for love etc. He's more hands off, practical, doesn't show affection in any form very often etc. Basically he was just always kind of closed off and put his own wants and goals much above what was needed for a relationship to really work.

>>18015900
female

>>18015905
Good luck with giving it to her, I meant.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.