[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schizo seeking help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1475898655728.jpg (411KB, 1000x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1475898655728.jpg
411KB, 1000x1480px
Diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic here. Want to quit smoking but it's the only thing I've found that helps me manage my psychosis.

I've tried meds, and think they are not only less effective, but also less healthy.

Wat do?
>>
I suggest staying completely sober for a while. I've struggled with mental illnesses, and although they might be less severe than yours, one thing that has helped is sobriety. I used to experiment with a lot of different stuff, but nothing ever quite helped, and usually only served to dirty up my mind even more.

After a long enough time of sobriety, you'll begin to experience a sort of tranquility and "cleanness" of mind. It's strange, but I don't think I could ever go back to abusing drugs simply because I love being sober.
>>
try using the patches. it took me like a year and a half of using the patches to finally quit.
>>
Coffee and tea help. You should search "replace cigerrate for schizophronic" see what you get. Its a fairly common problem. A lot of people get cancers because of the constant chainsmoking.
>>
>>18014275
I dropped everything else about 2 years ago, and it did help. But cigarettes are different, they seem more important that food/water/shelter. They are effectively my only means of suicide prevention.

>>18014276
I did this with a bit of success before, I quit for 77 days with patches/lozenges. It was more expensive than smoking but if it gets me to quit for good I'm interested.
>>
>>18014279
Surely is a common problem, since most schizos either die from suicide or lung cancer. Coffee helps but it's by no means a replacement, especially for panic attacks.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.