[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Braces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: braces.jpg (160KB, 1000x611px) Image search: [Google]
braces.jpg
160KB, 1000x611px
Are braces worth it? I never had them due to a variety of issues, primarily lymphoma which I am now finally over. I'm going on 19 and I'm wondering if this shit is worth it. I'm not too worried about looking like an idiot with the braces on, but they're really expensive.

Are braces at my age worth it? Anyone have experience with them beyond or near 19-20?
>>
They're worth it if you have a legitimate health reason. If it's just cosmetics it's never worth it unless your teeth are downright comical. A decade later I STILL have tiny bits of dental glue stuck to my teeth that they could never get off.
>>
>suffer 2 years and get perfect teeth

>Live rest of your life a scared bitch with fucked teeths.

I got my braces for the 2nd time yesterday. My teeth went back after the first time, this time im getting a surgery after 2 years of wearing them.

TL:DR
Stop being a bitch and get them. It,s now or never.
>>
if you're insecure about the way your teeth or smile looks I'd say they're definitely worth it
>>
>>18013765

fuck yes

every now and then I'm out at a club or bar
and a girl will randomly compliment me on my teeth

but then again, one of the biggest manwhores I know has crooked teeth so obviously girls don't really give a shit
>>
>>18013765
Get invisalign, I think they cost about the same.
>>
>>18013765
Yes a nice small is really important for your personal imagen, bitches love nice teeth.
>>
>>18013991
My orthodontist recommended that to me. I'm looking into it, I don't believe it has any huge cost difference.

Issue is, insurance often worms its way out of Invisalign, writing it off as as purely cosmetic procedure, though I don't see why one class of braces is like that if 90% of people who get braces get it just to straighten out their teeth.
>>18013875
Not too insecure but every now and then I look at my teeth and I always wonder what it would be like if they were straight. They aren't fucked up by any means, but there's one in the bottom middle thats literally tucked behind another god damn tooth, it's why I smile with just my upper teeth.
>>
>>18013997
Well it's a few thousand dollars, get on a payment plan if you feel like you'd only get invisalign and insurance won't pay for it.
>>
>>18014006
I suppose it's something that I'll have to discuss with my orthodontist as I've heard it can vary by a couple thousand or so depending on who you go to.
>>
So i had ceramic braces and most people didn't even recognize them on the second glance. They are worth it.
>>
>>18013765
braces are 100% worth it in every way
>>
>>18013765
I chose to have braces when I was nearly 30. Wearing them (even for 3 years) was no social problen at all, and afterwards I could finally stop hating my smile.

So to me adult orthodontia was totally, totally worth it.
>>
>>18013864
i aint gonna live foo-ree-veeeer
>>
File: download_20170202_112432.jpg (50KB, 940x1024px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170202_112432.jpg
50KB, 940x1024px
Unless you teeth are fucked beyond belief, don't. Two years of hell.
>>
I had a bad experience, so I can't recommend them.

>>18013768
Like this dude said, but with me (and maybe him, I don't know) that glue turned out to be a cavity that never got fixed, and I ended up with teeth that needed extracted.
>>
Had comical teeth for a long time. Up until I turned 21 and was never able to hold down a real relationship. Also, I would never smile and be down right beta when talking to people as I would look down or away when someone was talking to me so they wont see my teeth.

I got braces at 22 and Id say I have a big ego now. I am more confident in myself and now directly look into the eyes of people to where they are the ones not making eye contact.
I also have been going out with more girls recently setting up numerous dates.

Really worth getting braces OP. You become a new person.
>>
File: teeth.jpg (124KB, 721x874px) Image search: [Google]
teeth.jpg
124KB, 721x874px
>>18013997
I had a dentist/orthodontist tell me I needed braces when I was 13 and again when I was 19. I had a large gap in my 2 front teeth when I was younger but my Wisdom teeth have pushed them together. My bottom tooth is also jutting behind another one. I still have my Wisdom teeth in when all 4 were recommended to be removed. I'm 26.

Most people smile with their top teeth anyway. Unless you're extremely self-conscious about them, and you feel like they'll impact your chances of getting a partner that you'd want, go for it I guess; be prepared to spend a lot of money, though.

In my experience, I don't think it's that relevant or needed unless your teeth are out of the Big Book of British Smiles or Kentucky's Buckiest Teeth; most "corrected" smiles are just manufactured the same, and I personally like a lady that doesn't have a "perfect" one; straightness is a plus, but if you have a little "snaggletooth" or whatever, I find it incredibly endearing. My current GF has a larger spacing between some top-row teeth that's exaggerated in a profile view but I think it's charming.
>>
I have braces at 22
It's annoying answering when I'm getting them off but besides that it's never affected my personal life or success
>>
File: 180px-DENTALPLAN.jpg (9KB, 180x212px) Image search: [Google]
180px-DENTALPLAN.jpg
9KB, 180x212px
>>
>19
>Has the chance to get braces
I'm 21 and I wish I got braces back then. Now I'm going to have to start my lifelong career with braces on.

>>18013768
Don't give him bad advice. Braces for cosmetics is worth it if the person getting them really wants them. If someone has crooked teeth, it'll hurt their confidence (I won't go down the slippery slope, but you get the idea). Straight teeth makes people perceive you as smarter and boosts confidence (people are still under the impression that crooked teeth = dumb). An improved look is an improved mind. An Improved mind as an improved person. An Improved person is an improved life.

Get braces, OP. You won't regret it. Hell, if you're lucky no one will even see them.
>>
>>18014890
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX2qvRnxyqo
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.