[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I stop being a pathological liar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1468332149223.jpg (123KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468332149223.jpg
123KB, 640x640px
I can't stop myself lying or bending the truth. Most of the time I don't notice it myself. Why do I do this and how do I make it stop?
>>
>>18013442
Bump cuz I feel you
>>
I think psychiatrists can help you with your problem, friend. I hope you get better
>>
>>18013442
brain tumor
>>
>>18013442
sorry for my bad english french fag here
this isnt really my problem but my best friend is a big liar, everytime he gets in trouble or had some issue his first reflex is to reviews all the possible lies in his head and see which one can get him out of the trouble.
for my part i almost never lie, cause i mostly find it useless and mostly put you in more trouble if they find the truth.
>why do i do this
maye cause you want to go out of trouble, to look more interesting, to be more funny, to troll, i really dont know maybe you even get something pleasant from liying,
>how do i stop
Think before you talk, Cause the T of think is for True.
Hope it will help you OP
>>
>>18013442
I don't believe you.
>>
>>18013442
pathological liar here; I'm trying to be better about it but it's tough. My first instincts are to tell good stories and avoid trouble and pathological lying helps both of those instincts immensely.
>>
Former liar here

Every time you lie and think 'why did I just say that?' You have to admit it to who you lied to no exceptions

Just "that was a lie sorry I'm not sure why I said that"
You'll learn people are surprisingly understanding and will sometimes even trust you more. This in turn makes you feel good about yourself and good feelings are always a good enabler for breaking/creating habits
>>
>>18013442
"Everything I say is a lie, including this."
>>
Pathological liar here. I think the name for this sickness is called pseudologica phantastica. It started when I was a kid, lost a looot of friends in the process. In the end, i pretended to be people who i wasnt, some kind of identity theft. Will be in court in two weeks, seems like i will have to pay about 10k € as compensation.

It kinda stopped when I realized that people like me for what i am, not what i tell them. Its connected to a low self-esteem, we try to put ourself in a better position, because we want people to like us.

I still lie a lot, mostly to people who dont know me well. Not even consciously, it just happens.

Go see a therapist, its a known problem.

If you dont change a thing, this can lead to serious depression and trouble, you will lose your friends and all trust.

At some point even my family didnt believe me anymore, because it happened too many times that i lied to them, in any opportunity.

Cheers, you can do it ;)
>>
Become a con man if you're a good liar.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.