[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College or life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1440022398986.jpg (14KB, 230x244px) Image search: [Google]
1440022398986.jpg
14KB, 230x244px
Hello /adv. First time posting here. So I'm in first year electrical engineering. Failing my math exams but not worried because I can accumulate enough credits to pass year. The problem is that I only like the electrical engineering course which makes me study with pleasure for it. I can retake my math exams at the end of month they aren't even that hard but I feel that I can't study or learn anymore things I don't like or enjoy. I simply cannot concentrate and the shit just won't stay in my head. I already bought a Java and web design courses from udemy with their new year sale and thinking of going through them during 2nd semester then dropping out if the school situation gets worse. I know basic C++ from highschool and am thinking of going as disciple at software company where my highschool class went on a visiting tour in my town. What do you think?
>>
I don't know much about those classes. But what I will say, pursue what you want. Fuck everything else, go for what you want. Girls, booze, partying, all of that shit can wait. Focus on your dream
>>
>>18013178
I dont clearly undersand the question, but i'm an EE so i'll try to chip in..

if it is that you don't like math but like circuits/design/lab-work/coding etc, always make a strong effort to ask how does this math relate to a real world examples. for example, imagine you solve a complex design problem and the answer is... idk, R = 1k. Great, but what does that mean? What would happen if it was lower/higher. What causes it to be such range? Could you change something else in the problem to allow R to be different?

Thinking about how these complex ideas can apply to the real world is what got me through.
>>
>>18013186
Well my dream would be to have a good paying job/business so I could afford racing/drifting as a hobby. But the fucking college is fucking everything up. I'm from Eastern Europe was thinking of working shit jobs in USA or whatever then come back with money so I can afford a living and not be a burden to my parents while I can concentrate on learning a good paying skill such as a programmer or learning languages. I came up with some ideas of apps but I don't know how to do them. I still can't think of a business idea that I would enjoy or would work but I'm constantly thinking. I don't think it's necessary to work outside of my country because my family loves me and I love them and would support my decisions but I hate being away to college and eating away their money while I'm doing fuckall for my life.
>>
>>18013202
I get what you are saying. That's exactly the thing with programming and math. Yes you need math but I don't need ultra fucking complex calculus and linear algebra or whatever to do some simple sine functions or some matrix algorithms in case of programming. I fucking hate math because it's a lot of useless crap. I never used more than 11th grade math in anything.
>>
>>18013211
Oh, then you don't have a problem. Next semester, Take electromagnetics, solid state devices, optics and nanoelectronics. You WILL use everything you learned from cal3, physics 4 and some chemestry.

Good luck my friend.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.